Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    God I hope they don't make it "group" members only. That would be one of the worst things they could do to this spec.
    It's "closest allies" and it doesn't even have to be your own raid group. Training solo on training dummies I'm getting a LOT of Augmentation evoker buffs on my buff bar just from those around me.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I thought a little tidbit of their announcement was interesting and perhaps telling:

This reads to me like support is a new paradigm in the game, and if they are bothering to make it function with addons, it seems to imply that more support specs will be coming. Perhaps this will be how they do 4th specs?
    They've been playing around with the idea of musical characters so much with Hearthstone that it wouldn't surprise me too much if they had an expansion where every class has a new 4th "musician" (bard) support spec.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrenchy View Post
    Thanks for the answer

It's a shame tho, feels like it's missing one ability to be able to make it a real support that could off-heal and off-dps while augmenting your allies
    If you had Dream Breath and the Preservation Empower spell to increase your EB uptime, it'd definitely be possible. Living Flame is damn good, but it just isn't enough.

I think you're better off boosting the healers in your group with stuff like Spatial Paradox, Prescience, and Chrono Ward as Staccoto mentioned.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-05-19 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's "closest allies" and it doesn't even have to be your own raid group. Training solo on training dummies I'm getting a LOT of Augmentation evoker buffs on my buff bar just from those around me.
    Good to know! Thanks for the confirmation.

1+ Year Old Account
    How is the dps compared to other dps specs? Is it trash because you're a support role, or is it on par with other dps?
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2023-05-23 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    How is the dps compared to other dps specs? Is it trash because you're a support role, or is it on par with other dps?
    On training dummies? I'm doing roughly half of my usual DPS as Devastation. But a couple things to keep in mind: I'm most certainly not using the optimal spec and rotation, and the tier set bonuses for Augmentation aren't in yet.

1+ Year Old Account
    On training dummies? I'm doing roughly half of my usual DPS as Devastation. But a couple things to keep in mind: I'm most certainly not using the optimal spec and rotation, and the tier set bonuses for Augmentation aren't in yet.
    If Aug is designed to do low dps because it buffs the group, then the spec is DOA. People who play dps want to see themselves melting the dps meter, not do tank damage and take comfort in the fact that the group's dps is higher overall. If Blizzard expects a dps spec to work like that, then they have no idea how human psychology works.

If Aug is designed to do low dps because it buffs the group, then the spec is DOA. People who play dps want to see themselves melting the dps meter, not do tank damage and take comfort in the fact that the group's dps is higher overall. If Blizzard expects a dps spec to work like that, then they have no idea how human psychology works.
    My thoughts exactly, but perhaps they will be able to rig it so damage meters show the total contribution as the evokers dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Blizzard has already said they’re introducing new ways to measure damage, so an Augvoker will see their contribution to the group.

I think the expectation by people doing the math is that at best it will do 60% of other dps. What it can actually offer to the group probably varies wildly.

Blizzard announced there will be new ways to "track damage", so perhaps we'll be able to see how much extra damage the support spec is giving to the other classes. Who knows. It's too soon to cry it's the end of the world.

5+ Year Old Account
    When i seen "Support Role" on 3rd spec of Dracthyr i re-checked it 2-3 times since it's sounds so unreal that first class in WoW to get support role be not Priest or Bard, but dragon themed class that has no tank spec - just blown my mind, at least now we gonna see true sidekicks Robins that gonna circle around to help theirs rich very rich mentors, and this people were saying no one wants to play tank or healer.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    When i seen "Support Role" on 3rd spec of Dracthyr i re-checked it 2-3 times since it's sounds so unreal that first class in WoW to get support role be not Priest or Bard, but dragon themed class that has no tank spec - just blown my mind, at least now we gonna see true sidekicks Robins that gonna circle around to help theirs rich very rich mentors, and this people were saying no one wants to play tank or healer.
    I wish they would let the Discipline priest be a support spec.

https://wago.io/nERowhZgt

weakaura which tracks group cooldowns and apply a glow to unitframes to who would receive most benefit from prescience.

1+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, Augmentation doesn't do low damage. Personal damage is buffed in both PVP as well as when you're not in a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery was just essentially nerfed by 50%. It only affects one target now, instead of two. No accompanying buffs.