Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

We need an "evil" healer.

Guilds should be able to pick a "theme" and be viable in group content without relying on nature or the light.

I said it.

If you wanna make an emo guild full of void elf death knights and warlocks, you shouldnt need to invite a hippie elf, drunk panda, or white-robed gnome to every Mythic+.

Solution 1: 4th spec somewhere. Soulstone Warlock, Necromancer Death Knight, Shadowmender Priest.

Solution 2: "Gladiator" styled talent for an existing damage spec to allow them to heal instead. Shadow Priests, Affliction Warlocks.

Solution 3: Necromancer or Alchemist class, obviously.

I excitedly await your comments, concerns, and ravenous support.

We need an "evil" healer.
    We do not need an "evil" healer. You want one. Those are two very different things.

You can already be an evil healer. None of the healer classes require you to be good. You're confusing power source with morality.

Play horde. Done.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Guilds should be able to pick a "theme" and be viable in group content without relying on nature or the light.

I said it.

If you wanna make an emo guild full of void elf death knights and warlocks, you shouldnt need to invite a hippie elf, drunk panda, or white-robed gnome to every Mythic+.

Solution 1: 4th spec somewhere. Soulstone Warlock, Necromancer Death Knight, Shadowmender Priest.

Solution 2: "Gladiator" styled talent for an existing damage spec to allow them to heal instead. Shadow Priests, Affliction Warlocks.

People have suggested class skins in the past, it's a better idea than pretty much all of what you present here.

Priest -> souls shite, shadowmender and necro could all fit
    Druid -> necro skin for resto, maybe nightmare stuff
    Shamans -> purging with fire
    Etc.

I see your point when it comes to theming, but would advise you to stay far away from anything that has to do with game mechanics ^^'

It might be nice to go for "guild skins" too. Cosmetics and u.i. modifications and such as selectable by the leader to sort of set the theme, maybe some tags to allow people to find certain themed guilds.
    Might motivate people to try to fit in with the theme.

Honestly i've seen plenty of dark themed healers already in terms of mogs, nightmare druids the other day. So keep in mind that a lot is already possible if you put the effort in.
    It's just that it always boils down to one thing: You need to be able to convince people.

It's mostly that people just don't care after all.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account

I said it.

Your suggestions do not match the argument you are trying to get across.

I feel like you actually don't await your comments, concerns or "ravenous" support based on you just adding this part in at the end... sounds like you did not think this thread through at all but said "fuck it, we post" anyway.

I said it.

Well... Play discipline Priest and spec into Squid build. Majority of your spells will be shadow and you will be constantly summoning Mindbender which will cleave your enemies each time you cast Mind Blast/SW.

Every Disc priest is evil, atleast IRL

also, Fistweaver healers are evil (they turned evil after blizzard removed their specs from the game)

10+ Year Old Account

I said it.

Just give us necromancer for DK, either as a 4th spec, but if true, Unholy + a 4th spec to grant DK's the option of Ranged DPS/Minions, or healing where you either siphon the power during combat, or you can "steal" health from friends to grant others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We already have them, an evil healer is someone that signed up for the role of healing but instead just dps'.

We can have "evil" support-dps (yea, that new "role" with buff-evoker), but unstead of buffing group - heavy debuffing - increasing damage dealing, decreasing damage from boss and heavy slowing damage intake.

Disc priest is half shadow these days, so just play a void elf or undead disc priest to fulfill that.

The only 'evil' type of healer I can think of is maybe some type of San'layn thing? Like a vampire taking blood/anima from it's enemies to heal/support allies. I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood dk kinda thing i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Blood dk kinda thing i suppose.
    Hey Blood DK in Legion definitely was a healer

lol what a silly thing to focus on.

but if blizz would add 4th specs then sure why not.

I mean roleplay the holy pally as a crazy scarlet zeolet problem solved...hell you can even delight in knowing that any forsaken they heal is in horrible pain

This man really hasn't heard of the Scarlet Crusade

Hmf...I have ideas for an evil "faction" but blizz won't care for it since it'd be too much work.

I do have to agree that there is room for more darker themes for a healer, is not about being evil or dressing your priest as a scarlet crusade zealot, is about having a source of magic that is more chaotic or bad in nature, with spells, animations and a color palette that reflects that.

It has a lot to do with how certain themes are perceived, just as we perceive that the water from a restorarion shaman is good or the light from a paladin is good, what the game is missing is something like, for example, a necromancer or summoner kind of healer relying on the manipulation of souls and applying bone armor to allies. It does not need to deal damage to heal like a discipline, it just needs to have theme that is perceived as darker.

Anyway, is not something that the game needs, but it is an area that has some potential cool archetypes, just as a healer that does not realy on magic, they are things that the game has room for and has not yet been explored.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."