Playable Sethrak?

How likley is it we will eventually get them as a real race allied with at least one of the factions?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    There's like 10 of them which weren't hostile... So 0%.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Previously I would've told you "unlikely" just based off the fact that their models aren't really compatible with with transmog, especially head armor.

But now that Mechagnomes and especially Dracthyr are a thing, I could see Sethrak become playable in some form.

It hinges on Blizzard reusing them in future content though, as Blizzard are unlikely to make a playable race out of them if they're not already part of relevant content.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Lorewise isn't gonna affect gameplay decisions like if a race will be playable or not.

Keep in mind that by Vanilla, the entire population of gnomes from Gnomergan dropped by 85% due to the radiation and troggs.

High Elves are even a greater rarity but they became "playable" as a skin...

and Void Elves... THERE'S ONLY A SMALL HANDFUL OF THEM.

So, it isn't an issue with populations and we did free their Loa so maybe there's hope for them to make a comeback... What really prevents them from being playable is if they have any relevancy in future content.

Like as far as we know, they've only been habitable on Vol'dun and some parts of Zandalar... (Ironic considering that we know less about the Vulpera and they became playable.) So it isn't known if they have any factor in the future... but they could have a tie in to those stone constructs that share the same model as them but... we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Previously I would've told you "unlikely" just based off the fact that their models aren't really compatible with with transmog, especially head armor.

But now that Mechagnomes and especially Dracthyr are a thing, I could see Sethrak become playable in some form.

It hinges on Blizzard reusing them in future content though, as Blizzard are unlikely to make a playable race out of them if they're not already part of relevant content.
    They were my favorite thing out of Bfa. They should have gotten the job instead of Vulpera.

Pretty sure there's less than 10 man'ari eredar / draenei who aren't hostile and those are becoming playable, so yeah

So about 7 more than the Void Elves

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post

Currently I would say there's a 50/50 chance they implement them at some point. And more than likely they'd make them have 0 transmog slots, for reasons.....

15+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the snakemen. I'd roll a sethrak survival hunter in a heartbeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Sethrak model isn't set up for player model compatability as yet, and their head structure is going to make helmets tauren levels of awful. Ogres, naga, vrykul and tuskarr got them beat on those fronts.

However, Sethrak are easily one of the most requested races out there, so if Blizz is paying attention to what people are requesting, they'd certainly be on their radar. They also did reuse the rig for those Titanforged sethrak which at least could be used to make more of them out there in the world

Any news? Nothing? Gibt's maybe? I am starving.

Honestly it's mostly a bit of a "Why?", i mean we just got a race of slightly too serpentine flying lizards, and while it would beat adding yet another sort of elf it also doesn't beat that by a lot.
    Tuskarr seem to have more support, even if i can hardly believe any of it to be non-ironic.

For variety's sake i'd say Arakkoa are a likely contender, for Warcraft's legacy's sake i'd go for ogres and half-ogres, and to complete the human varieties we still need the skinny version and a vrykul version for tall dudes.

And then there's another elf for every occasion every third expansion or so, hell drac'thyr visages are pretty much just elven.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Sethrak could be the vulpera druid moonkin form.