Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cosmetic Glyhs Confirmed in Recent Interview by Ion

We did it bois n' gals,

To quote Ion: "Regarding where it will go, there's a lot of opportunity and they enjoy community ideas such as cosmetic glyphs for skills and further expansion beyond pets, mounts, and transmog."

It has been a long time, but well worth the wait. Looking forward to seing Fishbones06's and the others' wonderful cosmetic glyphs and custom class colors ingame soon

Scarlet Blood Elf Paladin, Blue Fire Mage, Moon Priest Night Elf, Totemic Tauren Paladin - what are you most looking forward to?
    Last edited by icehunter43; 2023-05-20 at 06:16 AM.

Glad they're listening!

I've been happy about their recent transmogs snd customizations like the Totem Weapons for Taurens and Dark Ranger customizations. Spells really are the next step, and I hope they really adhere to fulfill significant lore fantasies, especially for specific racial class comboes.

Quote Originally Posted by icehunter43 View Post
    We did it bois n' gals,

To quote Ion: "Regarding where it will go, there's a lot of opportunity and they enjoy community ideas such as cosmetic glyphs for skills and further expansion beyond pets, mounts, and transmog."

It has been a long time, but well worth the wait. Looking forward to seing Fishbones06's and the others' wonderful cosmetic glyphs and custom class colors ingame soon

Scarlet Blood Elf Paladin, Blue Fire Mage, Moon Priest Night Elf, Totemic Tauren Paladin - what are you most looking forward to?
    They have existed for years and the most they amounted to was some improved spell effects or ways to disable the failed newer versions, and to upgrade your 10 polygon water elemental. I guess we can hope for some more extensive changes, but we may also just be running into WoW's own version of hero skins where the cool stuff will be only sold on the shop only (various fire colors, etc. which btw would be laughably easy to achieve anyway..). We will have to see.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Idk man I think you might be expecting a steak when they are talking about hamburgers

Right now my monk has 3 abilities with cosmetic glyphs and they are just color changes

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I'm all for this!

I think with Blizz being way more open to customizations, this deserves an updated thread

---

Btw, any source for the interview? Would like to get some context on Ion's statements regarding customizations for abilities
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-05-20 at 07:20 AM.

I'll believe it when I see it.

It's good they're talking about it and making promises, but talk is cheap and promises easily broken (*cough* OW2 *cough*).

We willna' be fooled again!
    Last edited by Biomega; 2023-05-20 at 07:40 AM.

The reach here is huge.

ION saying he enjoys seeing the community come up with stuff does not
    in no way equal
    'COSMETIC GLYPHS CONFIRMED'

just based on his quote, it would confirm absolutly nothing. It was a throwaway comment that commits to nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'm all for this!

I think with Blizz being way more open to customizations, this deserves an updated thread

---

Btw, any source for the interview? Would like to get some context on Ion's statements regarding customizations for abilities
    I don't think I can post links, but its in a Korean interview over on WoWHead. If you copy paste the quote form the op, you will be directed to the link.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    They have existed for years and the most they amounted to was some improved spell effects or ways to disable the failed newer versions, and to upgrade your 10 polygon water elemental. I guess we can hope for some more extensive changes, but we may also just be running into WoW's own version of hero skins where the cool stuff will be only sold on the shop only (various fire colors, etc. which btw would be laughably easy to achieve anyway..). We will have to see.
    I'm well aware, having used them myself since WotLK, but since Ion specifically mentions new "community ideas" he is sure to refer to the concepts mentioned by me in the op. Fishbone06 and the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    The reach here is huge.

ION saying he enjoys seeing the community come up with stuff does not
    in no way equal
    'COSMETIC GLYPHS CONFIRMED'

just based on his quote, it would confirm absolutly nothing. It was a throwaway comment that commits to nothing at all.
    Well, to put it in context, if a developer enjoys a community feature, and specifically mentions listening to the community more, I think it's fair to say that they will implement said features in some way in the future

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/korean-...ongdale-333064

Heres the link. Recent news from Wowhead, about a day old so it was a recent interview.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am cautiously optimistic but if it goes in the direction I hope it does then that will revolutionise how I play WoW.

Well, to put it in context, if a developer enjoys a community feature, and specifically mentions listening to the community more, I think it's fair to say that they will implement said features in some way in the future
    no its not, its fair to say they might think about it, thats all you can get from that comment, saying its confirmed is a lie

1+ Year Old Account
    Right, so as a paladin instead of the white-yellow color theme on your attacks, it will be red. As a fire mage your spells will be blue. As priest, your spells will be blue probably instead of the white-yellow color.

Much awesome. Very hype.

We did it bois n' gals,

Shadowflame warlock?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/korean-...ongdale-333064

Heres the link. Recent news from Wowhead, about a day old so it was a recent interview.
    Interesting, thanks for the link.
    Happy that they noticed they weren't exactly catering to more solo oriented players.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love more cosmetic customisation.. never understood why they didn't do more, it's basically lots of cheap little wins, people being able to customise their character to their liking means they are more likely to play that character and sub.

They can even make more ingame content out of it like the green fire quest to make players even happier.

let's hope this means some love for inscription instead of jewelcrafting all the time
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

We did it bois n' gals,

That's literally the only glyphs still existing in the game. What are you even talking about?

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to class skins, but this isn't exactly newsworthy.

Cosmetic glyph has always and will always be the pretty obvious choice for the next big cosmetic feature they'll try to make us collect / sell us. They have shitload of monster only / oldschool effect they can just sell in high quantity. Them saying that it would make the game "harder" is a false excuse as they can always add an option to display the original effect from other players.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's literally the only glyphs still existing in the game. What are you even talking about?

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to class skins, but this isn't exactly newsworthy.
    Read the op/read the interview to the end and you will be pleasantly surprised

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Something like this would be dope. It could easily knock out a handful of classes that people request. Like Dark Ranger (Hunter), Necromancer (Demo lock), etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk