Is there something wrong with how easy Heroic Magmorax is?

My guild took 17 attempts to kill Zskarn over 2 nights. Then we jumped into Magmorax's arena and killed him in one attempt with not a single raider dying. Discord was mostly silent as no one wanted to be the first to jinx anything. Hey, we like free loot but the encounter seemed like something wasn't working right or it was incredibly undertuned.

They absolutely missed the mark on his tuning compared to even Rashok in about all difficulties.

Magmorax is a boss straight out of 2013, not 2023. Super simplistic mechanics, rather forgiving tuning, incredibly straightforward strategy. This really feels like a 3rd boss instead of a 3rd-to-last boss, and even for that it'd be easy.

No one wants to repeat Sepulcher but come on. THIS?

I don't think they thought of the everyone stack strat if you couldn't do that and actually had to worry about balancing stacks across the raid or moving it would be a bit different.

Pugging him we joked the trash after him felt closer to being a boss.
    Until someone said we should stop bashing the poor hydra.

I did like his intro where he is swimming in the lava though.

Honestly one of the few bosses i felt bad for killing this raid. Rashok being the other one, as well as murdering his rescue party - i mean sure Djaradin but seriously they're rescueing a dude tortured for millennia and we just straight up murder the lot of them. I'm glad even Sabellian recoils in disgust at the idea of replacing Rashok with another.
    Last edited by loras; 2023-05-21 at 01:11 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I was literally crying over the changes they made to this Boss from PTR to live.

Have a look at Magmorax mythic PTR videos and the despair it caused to the raiders - this Boss was sick. Nice concept.
    Unfortunatelly they trashed the concept and now the boss simply misses a couple of originally intended mechanics...
    The current Magmorax is a joke...

I think the reason why he’s easy, is because (in my theory) they had the raid zone layout and was like “hey it’d be cool to have a boss fight here, instead of everyone jumping down and lava swimming to Neltharion”

So he’s a flavor/aesthetic boss fight, possibly similar to the fishing boss in SSC.

Quote Originally Posted by DisRuptive1 View Post
    My guild took 17 attempts to kill Zskarn over 2 nights. Then we jumped into Magmorax's arena and killed him in one attempt with not a single raider dying. Discord was mostly silent as no one wanted to be the first to jinx anything. Hey, we like free loot but the encounter seemed like something wasn't working right or it was incredibly undertuned.
    Honestly the whole heroic raid is really easy this time.... Even Neltharion only took us 2 pulls.

We normally make it through 2/3 of mythic at the end of the patch. But we still did't rush through heroic like this in the past.

I am wondering if mythic is going to be easier this time around. Would not mind it honestly.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the only boss in there (IMO) that feels out of place. It feels like it's missing a mechanic in heroic, and likely mythic (considering how fast it died there). There are some cool bosses in the raid, and while it's on the easier side compared to raids before that... I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Having normal and heroic raids be somewhat puggable in the first few weeks with some fairly straight forward mechanics is way better than balancing around a couple hundred people playing 7 days a weeks in the first couple weeks of a tier. Most of the encounters are tuned around have half a dozen people do hard mechanics, while the rest of your raid just tries to avoid very easy concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Honestly the whole heroic raid is really easy this time.... Even Neltharion only took us 2 pulls.

We normally make it through 2/3 of mythic at the end of the patch. But we still did't rush through heroic like this in the past.

I am wondering if mythic is going to be easier this time around. Would not mind it honestly.
    this

i am happy with an easier tier
    gonna get me my mythic kills without burn out

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post

I normally quit my sub once i get KSH and AoTC but this time i will spend more time raiding which is a boon honestly.

Not just us then ^_^ he felt like a loot piniata. Even Patchwerk in WotLK is harder. To be fair i was there as Vengeance DH tank, so we didnt even get placement knockbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by DisRuptive1 View Post
    He's the DPS check boss, most raids have one. Problem is with the upgrade system we drastically outgear heroic already so any boss that's designed as a DPS check just falls over.

Honestly though the whole raid is undertuned because of how much gear is accessible now. Heroic drops 428ilvl and most people are 430+ already. It feels like the encounters are tuned for ilvl 415 - 420.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its a piniata lol. Killed him on 1st attepmt with a PUG on heroic diff. As i know original fight was much diffrent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes having a relatively easy boss in the middle isnt a bad thing. Not every fight has to be ultra complex.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Sometimes having a relatively easy boss in the middle isnt a bad thing. Not every fight has to be ultra complex.
    Its top wing boss in this raid so should be a bad ass. Ill agree that 1st wings or near mid could be easy but its 1st time as i remember we got boss like this in last wing.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-05-26 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    This is my exact thought, slogging month over month should not be the goal of any game let alone a MMO.

Every raid should have a few pinatas.

I'm not disappointed in the least.