Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are these clowns going to fix mmr and stuff?

Season 2 is disgusting,its dying so fast,ques are around 50 mins for dps,healers have no reason to que at all,mmr is so hard capped,2s and 3s are even worse,you face the same team like 10 times in a row..do i need to continue ? what the actual heck are these clown devs thinking,like its beyond real how silent they are.I just wanna read their stupid explanation behind facing AWC players in literally 2k mmr. and rest of it

Since you know nobody here can answer this, can you at least write with a 5th graders english so your whine post is comprehensible?

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2023-06-14 at 07:50 PM.

Go fuck yourself.How about that ? understandable enough?

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2023-06-14 at 07:50 PM.

Well, I kinda agree, solo shuffle killed 2s and 3s but now, because they couldnt be bothered to fix healer issue that causes insane dps queue times, it snowballed into pretty much dead solo shuffle queue as well.

I've played and pushed every season in pvp since shadowlands s1 and this is first time I stopped after 2 weeks, because I can either sit in 50 minutes queues as dps or have instant queues as healer who is hardstuck at 2k where apparently everyone match is against glad-level healer. No progression = pointless.

Curious what they could do for healers. I'm very casual pvp trying to get the elite mogs, and the endless 3-3 splits are demoralizing after a while. Seems like you need to luck into a game with people at way higher mmr and then have them throw a game or 2 to get real points

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Curious what they could do for healers. I'm very casual pvp trying to get the elite mogs, and the endless 3-3 splits are demoralizing after a while. Seems like you need to luck into a game with people at way higher mmr and then have them throw a game or 2 to get real points
    I think they have to make it so healers going 3-3 count as going 2-6. A three, three split is always the case of both healers being to weak to keep the squishest dps alive. I hit elite twice in s1 and the times a tie game wasnt the case of two weak healers fight each other way roughly one in ten at best...

Its just harder for a healer to see that they are the issue for the loss compared to blaming the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hold View Post
    I think they have to make it so healers going 3-3 count as going 2-6. A three, three split is always the case of both healers being to weak to keep the squishest dps alive. I hit elite twice in s1 and the times a tie game wasnt the case of two weak healers fight each other way roughly one in ten at best...

Its just harder for a healer to see that they are the issue for the loss compared to blaming the dps.
    I mean that would make even fewer healers queue lol

If they want to fix DPS queues they need to make it easier for healers, no other solution really

I mean that would make even fewer healers queue lol

If they want to fix DPS queues they need to make it easier for healers, no other solution really
    Why should it be easier for healers...?

They already have a lot more leeway then dps just with how their classes are designed to be inherently tankier (minus monks and evokers). I don't think just showering healers in free rewards will help with pvp.

Why should it be easier for healers...?

They already have a lot more leeway then dps just with how their classes are designed to be inherently tankier (minus monks and evokers). I don't think just showering healers in free rewards will help with pvp.
    To lower queue times? Healers don't queue into SS because it is more difficult to rank up than dps. Healer queue times are about 1 second while DPS can be 30+ minutes.

One of those difficult design choices where everything is a tradeoff. Have to choose between playability and merit.

The biggest issue for healers right now is the mmr problems. If I go 5-1 or 6-0 and gain 5-15 rating, but go 2-4 one game and lose 35 rating, that is a problem. Right now healers are matched up, in terms of mmr, with all the dps in the lobby as well. The real solution would be to separate the healers from the dps so that my rating changes or is effected by just the other healer, not any of the dps's mmrs.

And to the other poster about why make changes to make it better for healers, well if you want to PvP, you need healers and the more of them the quicker the wait times are. Healing is, hands down, the more stressful role. The amount of times I have watched dps put their heads down and tunnel someone with zero fucks given for anything else is high. If the healers loses focus for a second, the round is over.

Ugh the only thing they need to do is to give massive extra rewards for spamming solo shuffles as healer. If we get hundreds of new helaers queueing, MMR will get a massive boost for healer games and you will have plenty of bad and mediocre healers queueing too, which will lead to higher ratings obtained. This would also fix 50 min DPS queues at the same time.

The rewards could be anything... massive amounts of gold (like 1500 gold per win) unique healer titles, mounts, transmogs, but they need to be rewarded for playing the mode a lot (like win 500 shuffles as a healer to get healer themed unique, seasonal mount).

The problem why rating gains feel so bad right now is because there is very little helaers playing that mode compared to DPS so it's hard to increase rating, because most mediocre and beginner helaers give up when they have to face glad level players as early as 1600-1700 MMR.

To lower queue times? Healers don't queue into SS because it is more difficult to rank up than dps. Healer queue times are about 1 second while DPS can be 30+ minutes.

One of those difficult design choices where everything is a tradeoff. Have to choose between playability and merit.
    It is by far easier to rank up as a healer assuming same level of skill... the issue a lot of healers have is that if it was a even playing field they would cap out at 1200 rather then 2000...

I would rather an hour long queue then even worse matches then are being generated now.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to do 2s in previous expansion and have reached 2.4k twice and generally get above 2.1k with multiple alts. Dragonflight we struggled to get 1600 and stopped playing when we dropped to 1550.

We both just really shuffle now; I don't have as much interest this Season yet (focus on Raid) but between low MMR and 2s/3s being irrelevant compared to Shuffle I don't have much intention to do any. Shuffle has almost killed organized Arena, MMR and lack of rewards/incentives for 2v2 and 3v3 makes it lack purpose. A 2v2 Gladiator Mount would help for 2s or additional unique rewards from 2v2/3v3, similar to how RBGs are the only way to get the old Grand Marshal Classic sets.

Also I don't really play healers, but the incentives are awful. More conquest for quicker cap and a bag of crap. Not sure that helped.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I used to do 2s in previous expansion and have reached 2.4k twice and generally get above 2.1k with multiple alts. Dragonflight we struggled to get 1600 and stopped playing when we dropped to 1550.

We both just really shuffle now; I don't have as much interest this Season yet (focus on Raid) but between low MMR and 2s/3s being irrelevant compared to Shuffle I don't have much intention to do any. Shuffle has almost killed organized Arena, MMR and lack of rewards/incentives for 2v2 and 3v3 makes it lack purpose. A 2v2 Gladiator Mount would help for 2s or additional unique rewards from 2v2/3v3, similar to how RBGs are the only way to get the old Grand Marshal Classic sets.

Also I don't really play healers, but the incentives are awful. More conquest for quicker cap and a bag of crap. Not sure that helped.
    That or they could rip the band aid off and give RSS a glad color for legend and stop trying to save the doomed modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Season 2 is disgusting,its dying so fast,ques are around 50 mins for dps,healers have no reason to que at all,mmr is so hard capped,2s and 3s are even worse,you face the same team like 10 times in a row..do i need to continue ? what the actual heck are these clown devs thinking,like its beyond real how silent they are.I just wanna read their stupid explanation behind facing AWC players in literally 2k mmr. and rest of it
    perhaps your anger is better directed at trying to comprehend your own ability to form constructive criticsm and hold a constructive dialog, im sure if you were at the top of said rating you would not struggle so much, seems to be more a heatstroke combined with shattered ego. its a new season and the game is fine, speaking of EU region.

besides its early days, this game is vastly in a better shape than previous expansions and seasons, there are some small issues but overall the pvp scene is in a good stance, the timer for queues is mostly because the game is more pve oriented with m+ and rwf having just ended, summer meaning all the dad and casual gamers and younger are going on vacation or spending days outside, diablo just released aswell and new overwatch battlepass. downtime and extended queues are to be expected that brings clusters of mmr pockets that will resolve on its own, no need to get frustrated enought to vent on a forum about it, sit down and reflect to the possible reasons before you anger yourself its a video game not a world ending event
    Last edited by danki1337; 2023-06-16 at 01:46 PM.

It is by far easier to rank up as a healer assuming same level of skill... the issue a lot of healers have is that if it was a even playing field they would cap out at 1200 rather then 2000...

I would rather an hour long queue then even worse matches then are being generated now.
    That's just literally not true but you can believe whatever you want! And hour-long queues are your reward, everyone enjoy!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Since you know nobody here can answer this, can you at least write with a 5th graders english so your whine post is comprehensible?

Infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Go fuck yourself.How about that ? understandable enough?

Infracted.

The pvp community right there.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Ugh the only thing they need to do is to give massive extra rewards for spamming solo shuffles as healer. If we get hundreds of new helaers queueing, MMR will get a massive boost for healer games and you will have plenty of bad and mediocre healers queueing too, which will lead to higher ratings obtained. This would also fix 50 min DPS queues at the same time.

The rewards could be anything... massive amounts of gold (like 1500 gold per win) unique healer titles, mounts, transmogs, but they need to be rewarded for playing the mode a lot (like win 500 shuffles as a healer to get healer themed unique, seasonal mount).

The problem why rating gains feel so bad right now is because there is very little helaers playing that mode compared to DPS so it's hard to increase rating, because most mediocre and beginner helaers give up when they have to face glad level players as early as 1600-1700 MMR.
    There's usually a risk of overcompensating and making bad incentives in the other direction, but the problem is so bad now it's hard to imagine it going that far. Still, I'd probably start with just letting healers get rating easier, however that is accomplished. Probably 3-3 games always giving you a decent rating boost and curbing rating losses some

Still, I'd probably start with just letting healers get rating easier
    I can imagine giving only healers increased rating would just lead to them complaining they're playing in matches that they can't handle, or it'd backfire and they'd get queues with lower rated people so they gain less from it.

There's usually a risk of overcompensating and making bad incentives in the other direction, but the problem is so bad now it's hard to imagine it going that far. Still, I'd probably start with just letting healers get rating easier, however that is accomplished. Probably 3-3 games always giving you a decent rating boost and curbing rating losses some
    But if there is a lot more helaers in the pool, then rating will be easier to gain. Otherwise you go 3-3 at 1600 because there is no novice healers playing so it's extremely hard to outplay the other healer on low ratings and rise your MMR/Cr.

More healers playing shuffle is the best way to 'fix" it. It's just the matter of how to lure people into healing in that mode. Fast queue times is not enough.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a very bad idea. If both healers win rating at a draw, then nobody loses rating. This would inflate healer mmr insanely, you can't have a scenario in PvP where both sides win.