Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This Week in WoW: May 22, 2023

This Week in WoW: May 22, 2023
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Each week we’ll look ahead to what’s in store for World of Warcraft, share the latest news, and keep you in the know byte by byte. The icy winds of Icecrown continue to blow, and it won’t be long until they croon with the Call of the Crusade.

Heed the Call of the Crusade the Week of June 20

It won’t be long before the Call of the Crusade goes out across the lands of Northrend. Wrath of the Lich King™. Here’s what’s in store-

Arriving June 20 with the update:

• (New) Titan Rune DungeonsDefense Protocol Beta: Embrace the challenge of Titan Rune Dungeons, where you’ll take on a new higher-level difficulty in which creatures and bosses have a variety of dangerous new effects as well as additional health and damage. Bosses killed with Defense Protocol Beta active award loot from the 10-player version of Ulduar. The final boss will also award a new currency: Sidereal Essence. Sidereal essence may be exchanged for rewards from 10-player Hard Mode Ulduar gear at the Animated Constellation vendor in Dalaran.
    • Trial of the Champion- Head to the Crusader's Coliseum at the Argent Tournament to begin the challenge in this 5-player dungeon.
    • The Argent Tournament: Join the Argent Tournament to undertake new quests and daily quests while showing off your jousting prowess for new rewards.
    • Wrath of the Lich King PvP Season 7 Begins

Opening on June 22 at 3:00 p.m. PDT (6:00 p.m. EDT)

• Trial of the Crusader and Trial of the Grand Crusader: Undertake the challenges of the Trial of the Crusader and Trial of the Grand Crusader 10 and 25-player raid.
    • Level 80 Onyxia’s Lair: Face Onyxia in her lair in the level 80 version of this encounter

We look forward to seeing you on the tournament grounds.

News and Events This Week

• May 23
      • (Event) Wrath Classic: The Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Returns
      • (Event) Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Raid Finder Wing 2 Opens
      • (Event) PvP Brawl: Deep Six
      • (Event) Step into the Firelands During Cataclysm Timewalking
    • May 25
      • (Promotion) New Promotion
      • (Event) New in-game event
    • May 26
      • (Article) Blues News
      • (Reminder) Purchase the Guardian Pack by May 31
      • (Reminder) Last Day for the May Trading Post, May 31

Stay tuned here to the official World of Warcraft news site as we journey through the week together.

Better play retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets Fucking Go?

ToGC 100% open at launch?

1 month.

For 14 years people complained that Ulduar was cut short, and that the Call of the Crusade came too soon. For years, people complained that they would rather have spent MORE time in Ulduar and LESS time in TOC.

Since Classic released, Blizzard promised that they're going to give Ulduar the love it deserves and give it time to breathe.

Original Ulduar lasted 4 months (Mid April 2009 to Aug 2009).

Classic Ulduar is 5 months (End of Jan 2023 to end of June 2023).

lol?

Interesting. a new in-game event for May 25?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    1 month.

For 14 years people complained that Ulduar was cut short, and that the Call of the Crusade came too soon. For years, people complained that they would rather have spent MORE time in Ulduar and LESS time in TOC.

Since Classic released, Blizzard promised that they're going to give Ulduar the love it deserves and give it time to breathe.

lol?
    You can/will still run Ulduar for certain HM items though? Thanks to the Ilvl increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    May 25
    On the off-chance that someone new reads this, they're referencing the Diablo IV cross-over event "A Greedy Emissary" in-game. (Dunno if "new promotion" is related or not to D4 though.)
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    May 25
    On the off-chance that someone new reads this, they're referencing the Diablo IV cross-over event "A Greedy Emissary" in-game. (Dunno if "new promotion" is related or not to D4 though.)
    Most likely. And I would bet money on the promotion involving an exclusive diablo 4 themed pet or mount for WoW
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Lets Fucking Go?

ToGC 100% open at launch?

Trial of the Crusader and Trial of the Grand Crusader: Undertake the challenges of the Trial of the Crusader and Trial of the Grand Crusader 10 and 25-player raid.
    Level 80 Onyxia’s Lair: Face Onyxia in her lair in the level 80 version of this encounter

Not exactly on launch but it is just 2 days from launch.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

1 month.

lol?
    Bro... how i can say it... uhhhh... you can still do Ulduar as most of the guilds will continue?
    That was exactly the reason of ilvl boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    You can/will still run Ulduar for certain HM items though? Thanks to the Ilvl increase.

Back in the day, when TOC released, not only did people continue to run Ulduar weekly, they also ran Naxx weekly. We didn't need the changes Blizzard made to ilvl to get people to run old content.

Fast forward to Classic today, and there are still tons of groups forming for Naxx.

Spreading content out equally, so we don't have content droughts, should be a bigger concern for content releases, not "invalidating" old content.

I don't care either way. I'm one of the few that actually hates Ulduar and loves TOC, so the sooner TOC comes the better (for me personally). Just kind of silly seeing Blizzard consistently repeat past mistakes -- in this case, not spreading content out appropriately. No one is dying to get to Classic Cata, so there shouldn't be a rush to get through Wrath.
    Last edited by ablib; 2023-05-22 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post

Trial of the Crusader and Trial of the Grand Crusader: Undertake the challenges of the Trial of the Crusader and Trial of the Grand Crusader 10 and 25-player raid.
    Level 80 Onyxia’s Lair: Face Onyxia in her lair in the level 80 version of this encounter

Not exactly on launch but it is just 2 days from launch.
    aye thats what I meant.

The first go-around Beasts was only available first week, second week was Beasts and Jaraxus, etc, and you couldn't do Grand Crusader (Heroic Mode) until you cleared TOC Normal Mode.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I actually expected them to skip the Onyxia anniversary raid but its good to see it being added back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    This. ToGC is a joke and the next 4-5 months will be about farming 0light for Mim's head and praying for flare of the heavens to drop from general for the roster of 6 warlocks + the benched ones
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Yeah it includes and exp buff and wrath classic is getting one at the same time that's listed. Definitely that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lmao I'm actually astounded at how quick I called it quits for wrath cause I got bored very quickly and stopped playing completely. Have no desire to come back not even for icc. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Most likely. And I would bet money on the promotion involving an exclusive diablo 4 themed pet or mount for WoW
    as long as it dosent require a purchase of d4 i dont care, not going to play d4, dont like paying for games im not going to play just to get morre mounts

1 month.

lol?
    That's basically any guild with the slightest bit of skill has had Ulduar hm on farm for 4 months.

Bring on something new please. Even though ToGC will be fun for around 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Lmao I'm actually astounded at how quick I called it quits for wrath cause I got bored very quickly and stopped playing completely. Have no desire to come back not even for icc. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Do you remember when Wotlk was considered "that xpack that would kill wow because it sucked and dumbed down the game" ? I do lol...

Wotlk became "the best xpack" just because of nostalgia, it's obviously not... dungeons are useless and meaningless, world content is useless as usual, the only meaningful content is raid and even these raids are a joke (hi Naxxramas 25...) + reputations to farm for enchants ect... What do people like about Woltk except ICC ? I agree ICC was one the best "old raid" prior to cataclysm, by far

I was raiding during the entire woltk era (got server first lk25hm, tribute to insanity ect) but seriously, I could never enjoy that again in 2023... it's boring AF
    Last edited by vashe9; 2023-05-23 at 11:04 AM.