Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Ye cause plague bat is the main reason you quit WoW and will make subbed for longer then 1 day? don't kid urself. all that these rewards do is fuck the remaining loyal players who did farm them and bother them more to quit for a different MMORPG that doesn't fck over their loyal fanbase.

New rewards -> Old rewards.
    Yeah, there's way more merit to keeping older rewards exclusive while also generating newer rewards that can generate a desire to gather them. If all the old stuff is way more desirable than the newer stuff, then something's wrong with the newer stuff. Although we can get into the discussion of Blizz diluting the sense of accomplishment with how much/often they add rewards, but in general I'd say the quality of rewards kind of has to drop if you increase the frequency/yield.

With the way the WoW player base has been trending, we've been approaching the point where most of what's left are the people who are either diehard loyalists or "Blizz can do no wrong!" players... obviously there's others, but their ranks tend to have much higher turnover and likely are a shrinking proportion over time. That being said, when you start making older exclusive rewards less exclusive you have to wonder what Blizz's ultimate goal is. Is it to keep their loyal/never-going-to-quit-no-matter-what crowd stable? Is it to increase their player base? Is it neither of these things, being some other alternate goal? Honestly, I have no idea what their goal is, but their actions indicate they may not have a goal either beyond just throwing things at a wall and seeing what sticks. If I had to hazard a guess as to the reason... Blizz thinks that so many of their players who built their game have gone that there's no enough voices left (or players left to leave the game) to fight back against such things, hoping that the less loyal players or the newer loyal players who don't have what the old loyal players have will be enticed to play more.

Since 9.1.5, it was painfully obvious that Blizz just went down the list of everything that players have been asking for while attempting to add/address those things in the game. Some of it was a long time coming and great that it happened (other stuff... not so much, but still relevant to the topic). However, despite breaking the proverbial glass in case of emergency, Blizz hasn't really changed in their way of thinking on a fundamental level. Keeping that in mind, what they've been doing with the rewards is definitely in line with their old thinking that's been a source of many irksome issues with the game; basically, it's not about improving the game and making it more fun, it's a numbers game with thinly veiled motivations to appear like it's being done in the interest of making the game better. The end result is likely going to be a watered-down experience where you end up pissing off more people than you otherwise would need to by focusing efforts in other areas.

All this is doing is applying a bandage on a gushing wound, and said bandage is aggravating the wound more than it's helping. If all their best ideas revolve around trying to entice people with stuff from the past rather than creating new stuff to bring people in, they've truly run out of creativity.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Has anyone actually seen the Livestock Lochaber Axe (Two-Hand Polearm), Tome of Town Portal Toy, or Twelve-String Guitar Toy? Everyone that I've talked to thus far hasn't seen those items drop, and it seems a bit odd given almost everything else but the mount has been seen by the group I've been chatting with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Has anyone actually seen the Livestock Lochaber Axe (Two-Hand Polearm), Tome of Town Portal Toy, or Twelve-String Guitar Toy? Everyone that I've talked to thus far hasn't seen those items drop, and it seems a bit odd given almost everything else but the mount has been seen by the group I've been chatting with.
    I have both the toys, but not sure if they previously were released with some other event or I got them today.

Edit: Just got the poleaxe.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2023-05-26 at 05:08 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Got the 2h on my...priest, for some reason couldn't trade it.

Ye cause plague bat is the main reason you quit WoW and will make subbed for longer then 1 day? don't kid urself. all that these rewards do is fuck the remaining loyal players who did farm them and bother them more to quit for a different MMORPG that doesn't fck over their loyal fanbase.

New rewards -> Old rewards.
    What? Do they remove it from people that got them or what?
    I do agree New rewards -> Old rewards, because the old ones are near dogshit quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    What? Do they remove it from people that got them or what?
    I do agree New rewards -> Old rewards, because the old ones are near dogshit quality.
    WoW needs a mass revamp on all items, models, anything. Ask for much, but you get much in return.
    Doubt we gonna see it happen though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

WoW needs a mass revamp on all items, models, anything. Ask for much, but you get much in return.
    Doubt we gonna see it happen though.
    Yea, because it makes little sense to do it when the quantity is nearly in the thousands

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I used alts for my first two events, last night.

1st alt got the 12-string guitar in Stormwind, 2nd alt got the 36-slot bag in Waking Shores.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Yea, because it makes little sense to do it when the quantity is nearly in the thousands
    It's easier then it seems, just requires time. Remember WoW uses alot of remodels, look how easy races were changed.
    Billion dollar company and thousands of employees shouldn't be an issue to make this an reality, greed of profit will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post