Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Diablo In Game Event

    So what’s everyone’s thoughts on the new in game event?

    Love that there is something added to the game that is short term and can give a few unique rewards. But this event…

    Who has time to come back from work. Log in to the game, and just sit there for 30 minutes while a Goblin spawns to either get 1 shot, or just despawns randomly. Done 7 “kills” so far. Had 3 despawns and 1 one shot. Before I knew it hours had passed.

    I’ve done my share of sitting around for a rare for a mount drop. But this event really irks me. They could have just done the dragonflight prepatch event where, even though you are waiting for the event boss to start, you are at least clicking buttons, and killing mobs for some currency. But nope. Just gotta log on to play the game and afk in one spot. Who designs a game where your primary objective is to not play the game. My mind boggles.

    Thanks for reading my rant.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    its boring. also, apparently its possible not to get any loot, just a bit of gold. I guess the reason being so that people keep trying to kill goblins for the rest of the event, instead of being done on day one.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    its boring. also, apparently its possible not to get any loot, just a bit of gold. I guess the reason being so that people keep trying to kill goblins for the rest of the event, instead of being done on day one.
    Since I already have the Pony and hearthstone from Diablo 3, The only thing I have to get if I care enough is the 1 handed mace (wirts leg) the 36 slot bag has dropped often, given away 5 pets, destroyed one. Seems pretty easy to get everything quickly

    TO OP: It's OK! Nothing that awesome and probably shouldn't be. Small little event to spark interest. It would be nice if folks weren't so lazy and refuse to look at websites for spawn times or get teh Weakaura. Chat being full of the same question 50 times per 30 mins "Where is it at? When will it spawn? Repeat at Nauseum
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2023-05-26 at 02:47 AM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Since I already have the Pony and hearthstone from Diablo 3, The only thing I have to get if I care enough is the 1 handed mace (wirts leg) the 36 slot bag has dropped often, given away 5 pets, destroyed one. Seems pretty easy to get everything quickly

    TO OP: It's OK! Nothing that awesome and probably shouldn't be. Small little event to spark interest
    I don't have any of the Diablo 3 rewards, so going to be farming for a bit. I really want that mount...

  5. #5
    I mean, you just grab the weakaura that tracks the spawn time and location, and just swing by if you wanna kill it when it spawns.

    I killed a few, got the cape/helm transmog, the banner toy, and the 36 slot bag. Event still goes for like, what another 2-3 weeks? It's just a quick "Ah, I'm nearby that" or "Sure I got 5 minutes to spare".

    I haven't had any issues with tagging them or anything so far personally.

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Schwert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    1,178
    It's just log in every 30 minutes and hit the loot pinata.
    Exceptionally boring, doesn't really respect time because of the time between events, and it's just an AFK in one spot thing for the most part.

    Should have just been frequent random spawns.

  7. #7
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    23,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, you just grab the weakaura that tracks the spawn time and location, and just swing by if you wanna kill it when it spawns.

    I killed a few, got the cape/helm transmog, the banner toy, and the 36 slot bag. Event still goes for like, what another 2-3 weeks? It's just a quick "Ah, I'm nearby that" or "Sure I got 5 minutes to spare".

    I haven't had any issues with tagging them or anything so far personally.
    I don’t use any addons so I’m out of the loop, is weak aura like handy notes where you can just grab a version to track one thing or is it a modular add on where you need to import stuff.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I don’t use any addons so I’m out of the loop, is weak aura like handy notes where you can just grab a version to track one thing or is it a modular add on where you need to import stuff.
    it's the most powerful mod suite in the game. But it doesn't do anything without auras, so you can easily just grab the one you want if it is all you care about

  9. #9
    personaly I looked up the schedule, parked alts in Stormwind and Orgrimar each (my subscription is currently lapsed, so not dragonflight spawns for me) and just log in once an hour. in capitol cities its spawns on top of the hour and you have 5 minutes to get to the portal, so even without flying mount - plenty of time. the cities alternate so once you get your first kill of the day, you know exactly which city is going to be next, no addons needed.

    its still boring. I got maybe 5 kills total today? can't do more then that cause adulting=I have other shit to do, but I'm hoping with event lasting a few weeks I'll be able to get all the cosmetics I want even on a limited schedule.

    edited to add - full spawn schedule if anyone wants https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...nQmM/htmlview# curtesy of wowhead comments

  10. #10
    I hate how you cant see where the Goblin is spawning anywhere in the world. You have to be in the same zone or city it's about to spawn in to see where its spawning. I dont like that at all, I think I'm missing all the Dragon Isle spawns.
    Ideas:
    People created quest
    Faction Wide Objectives
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

  11. #11
    Yeah, now we have schedule, so there is no point in sitting in capital city and waiting for it to spawn. But first impression was - why it spawns so rarely? I managed to catch him two times only. Second thing - sharding. That's when you wait for goblin to spawn near portal, just a few seconds left and BAM, too many players around, sharding happens, everything disappears and the worst thing - portal moves to other spot, so you have to run to it as quickly as possible. Good thing, if you have several spare seconds to do it. But what if not?

    But I don't care. Because loot is meh anyway. I don't collect things just for sake of collecting things. Only thing, I would be interested to get - is Charger. I would, only if I wouldn't have it already. Yeah, I was one of those players, who were scammed by annual pass back in D3 times.

    I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Since I already have the Pony and hearthstone from Diablo 3, The only thing I have to get if I care enough is the 1 handed mace (wirts leg) the 36 slot bag has dropped often, given away 5 pets, destroyed one. Seems pretty easy to get everything quickly

    TO OP: It's OK! Nothing that awesome and probably shouldn't be. Small little event to spark interest. It would be nice if folks weren't so lazy and refuse to look at websites for spawn times or get teh Weakaura. Chat being full of the same question 50 times per 30 mins "Where is it at? When will it spawn? Repeat at Nauseum
    Do you have a link to said weakaura please?

  13. #13
    The Undying Lochton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    37,489
    It is a minor event, it is okay for the rewards but to last till the 14th of June is a little much for the little amount there is. Though, the real problem on my server is that the event enabled phasing in the capital cities again, which is something Blizzard said that they wouldn't do on our server - as well as people pulling cross-server groups to our server to do the event, making the capitals even more crap.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  14. #14
    Could be worse. But yeah, not a fan of "spawns every x hours" crap.
    You know it's crap when you're directed to grab a weak aura for it.
    Yesterday there were like 30 minutes when it spawned one right after another in Valdrakken. That was way better.
    IMO should have been like this: Every 5 minutes in SW or Org (alternating) and simultaneously every 5 minutes in a random DF zone ...
    Last edited by kranur; 2023-05-26 at 06:18 AM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Could be worse. But yeah, not a fan of "spawns every x hours" crap.
    You know it's crap when you're directed to grab a weak aura for it.
    Yesterday there were like 30 minutes when it spawned one right after another in Valdrakken. That was way better.
    IMO should have been like this: Every 5 minutes in SW or Org (alternating) and simultaneously every 5 minutes in a random DF zone ...
    Why do you need weak aura for it? You just need to know: 1) Odd hour server time - log in on Horde character 2) Even hour server time - log in on Alliance character.

    But yeah, I'm not fan of FOMO and scheduled content too. I have to align my busyness with it. I'll most likely abandon this event. Only first kill yesterday granted some meaningful reward. After that all rewards have been that stupid charms I don't need.

    I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Why do you need weak aura for it? You just need to know: 1) Odd hour server time - log in on Horde character 2) Even hour server time - log in on Alliance character.

    But yeah, I'm not fan of FOMO and scheduled content too. I have to align my busyness with it. I'll most likely abandon this event. Only first kill yesterday granted some meaningful reward. After that all rewards have been that stupid charms I don't need.
    Doesn't even work like that since the rotation is something like SW>Dragon Isles>Org>Dragon Isles>SW etc.
    Yea sure it's not complicated or anything but yea .. just unnecessary friction ... want to do a bunch of goblins? You can't do anything else.

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    2,586
    Its just small barter event lol stop cryin kiddos

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Do you have a link to said weakaura please?
    There are two. I prefer Voz's https://wago.io/ENiDqiFZP

    But you might like Xirev's https://wago.io/hkiSuFbCJ

    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Why do you need weak aura for it? You just need to know: 1) Odd hour server time - log in on Horde character 2) Even hour server time - log in on Alliance character.
    One could argue why you need a WA for anything. I use them for reminders for when I log in, I know where to go and time left etc. If one is in interested in doing the event the WA is handy to have the timer and location right there on the screen. Else folks can go get the spreadsheet and look at that.
    Is that ideal? No not really. But at some point fighting against what is vs what should be isn't worth the energy.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2023-05-26 at 01:05 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    There are two. I prefer Voz's https://wago.io/ENiDqiFZP

    But you might like Xirev's https://wago.io/hkiSuFbCJ
    You rock thanks

  20. #20
    The event would of been better if they just added treasure goblins to all dungeon pools, that have a chance to spawn in dungeons. Could of tied it along with timewalking etc.

    Sitting around waiting for a mob to spawn for a chance at loot is boring and old, they could of innovated but nope. Let's just put this mob up on a timer and have it on a rotation like a daily/world quest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •