Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Update the old crappy skyboxes in Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, and Northrend with the new gorgeous skybox art.
    I'm still surprised this wasn't done in cata.

Like TBC and Wrath had some beautiful skyboxes, and while the skies look *Different* in cata, they still look like a sidegrade from the originals.

TBC cata had a lot of graphics improvements that felt sort of...half-done.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Update every location to have the same level of graphical quality of at least BfA. Including doodads like trees, bushes, critters, etcetera. Also, let people transmog whatever they want, no restrictions.

I would like to have the option for spell effects to default to red for damaging, green for healing, and yellow for negative status effects like slow.

It kind of gets old having the floor and damaging zones all be the same color because its the theme of the raid or dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    actual 3d armour

Character models to be closer to HQ NPC models, armors not having painted pieces and even more so, no painted metal pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    DLSS

/10c...
    This, plus high res textures on everything old.

Graphics are nice but I'd focus on graphical/mechanical updates, things that impact both. In touching up older zones, they should make sure to remove clipping on a lot of the branches to better prepare them for dragonriding/dynamic riding. Raise the skyboxes WAY up so we don't regularly scrape against them.

Purely graphically, I'm always a fan of updates for our characters. We need to bring glyphs back or equivalent in the sense of major changes to the way some of our abilities look for rule of cool factor. Someone wants to play a void elf healer with void themed healing abilities? Let 'em! Someone has the new dark ranger customizations and wants to dark ranger-ify some of their hunter abilities? Hell yeah, make it happen. Customization these last few expansions has been great, adding long-desired races like high elf alliance models, dark iron dwarves, nightborne finally getting good eye models, etc, I'm always on board for player customization.

On the note of player customizations, besides things like the graphically updated gorehowl being on the trading post, with the complaints about "painted on" plate armor on particular, bring back the classic platekinis and AQ40 dresses in glorious high res detail on the trading post!
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2023-05-26 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I had hoped all the old Vanilla dragons, draconids, whelps etc would be updated with DF.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I had hoped all the old Vanilla dragons, draconids, whelps etc would be updated with DF.
    Yeah I was wondering why they didnt update those in a Dragon Expansion.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

They need to update all low res mounts, starting with the paladin chargers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even ask for a graphics update, but good God,
    do spells and abilities need a visual update. A vast majority
    of WoW's animations for spells and abilities are so plain
    and generic looking compared to those of almost every
    single other MMO.

I'm setting the bar extremely low but....

1. Updated skyboxes for everything pre-WoD - probably the more simple, low-effort update they could do that would have a profound effect on old content

2. HD versions of vanilla mounts - these really, really need an update. Especially if its a new players first mount

3. Capital cities - I would love for all capital cities but be updated but at the bare minimum they need to update SW and Orgrimmar as they are looking especially rough since BfA

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I’d love to see an update to some of the older sets.
    I loved in Legion when they updated the Black Temple sets and wish they’d do that again.

I’d love to see an updated Judgement set for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I really liked more fantasy-theme armor/weapons instead of realistic ones.

Not saying that there aren't any right now, but some looks bad.
    I want fantasy armors and weapons too, doesn't mean they have to be over the top.

Just do up the rest of the creep amd npc models that sorely need updates. Ultimately I want them to do a world revamp at some point, something that feels like a proper WoW 2.0.

Environment revamps would be obvious with such a revamp.

Animation and FX would be ideal as well. Like Casters actually using weapons in combat? Or Monks for that matter? And I would prefer if certain races get unique combat anims like Trolls using some Capoeira martial arts moves or maybe Gnomes doing some Yoda style aerial flips. Something that just gives each race a bit more distinction and feel like you're actually playing a different race

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The biggest offender by far are the trees.
    Yeah, trees could really use an upgrade.

Not necessarily a graphics problem but Blizzard should take a look at shields. Most of them clip through shoulders and their positioning at hands is dubious many times too.

Personally, the Vanilla wolves and big cats (like Broken Tooth) along with some of the older dungeons and towns. I’d die for a hi-res Darkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Yeah, trees could really use an upgrade.

Not necessarily a graphics problem but Blizzard should take a look at shields. Most of them clip through shoulders and their positioning at hands is dubious many times too.
    I think Feralas and Un'Goro trees are the worst offenders. Then Swamps of Sorrow/Wetlands.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Graphics updates? I want a new game engine, currently my 4090/13900KF is getting choked at the Goblin events.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Yeah I was wondering why they didnt update those in a Dragon Expansion.
    I would need to check but I think they have higher mesh models for whelps and draconids etc. I don't know why they didn't just toss a new texture on them to match each of the old assets. The old dragon models though I don't know if there is a new one of those that isn't one of the aspects etc.