Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I would need to check but I think they have higher mesh models for whelps and draconids etc. I don't know why they didn't just toss a new texture on them to match each of the old assets. The old dragon models though I don't know if there is a new one of those that isn't one of the aspects etc.
    The old dragon models were one of the better models from back then. It's still nice but I think it could be a lot better now.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    The old dragon models were one of the better models from back then. It's still nice but I think it could be a lot better now.
    I'm not sure I agree. The anniversary event every year those world dragons are really bad. I'm talking the Onyxia/Nefarion style.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I'm not sure I agree. The anniversary event every year those world dragons are really bad. I'm talking the Onyxia/Nefarion style.
    I meant for Vanilla standards. It's definately not that good now >.>.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Basically everything pre-WoD. Trees especially are dogshit.
    Somewhat realistically SW and Org. Not sure about SW since I don't play ally but Org and the outside area need a cleanup. The capitals overall can be less congested and messy.
    But I'll take just not having to go to these areas again.

Unreal Engine (or something similar) + DLSS.

I think Feralas and Un'Goro trees are the worst offenders. Then Swamps of Sorrow/Wetlands.
    Every place were they tried to use huge trees to create some forest canopy is just horrible and makes you wonder if those people had ever seen a picture of a forest. Not even seen a forest, just at least a picture of one.

I want them to update most of the Vanilla Trees, and also I want them to make the mountains around Orgrimmar to be the same texture as the cliffs in the Orgrimmar.
    Every single 'ugly' thing is the beauty of WoW.

But the trees makes me think if i'm playing Minecraft. And that really ugly.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2023-05-28 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    the old world zones skyboxes are staggeringly ugly.

they are so ugly it looks more like a bug than an intended texture.

i cant believe they are still in use.
    I gotta defend them in the sense that they are seemingly procedurally generated clouds! Nowadays, there are 'dynmaic' skyboxes for the time of day, but they are all hand-painted static images made into animated pieces.

Vanilla skyboxes are a mix of gradient hues based on time of day, and the Clouds are, like in real like, never exactly the same as they were the day before.

It's a truly unique skybox every day/evening/night.

I think the intent is to use larger versions of the drake model. They are not going to update the Dragon model. Multiple NPCs that used that model have been updated to look like larger drakes.

I forgot to mention before - they should update racial mounts, i know you can get some from various content as RNG drops, but many(if not most) races having racial mounts looking still like in year 2004 is disappointing.

New player creates an orc and wants to buy a wolf mount few lvls later and it looks like shit texture/model wise compared to everything else, it must be such a letdown.

At least that's how i would feel if i started playing new mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I forgot to mention before - they should update racial mounts, i know you can get some from various content as RNG drops, but many(if not most) races having racial mounts looking still like in year 2004 is disappointing.

New player creates an orc and wants to buy a wolf mount few lvls later and it looks like shit texture/model wise compared to everything else, it must be such a letdown.

At least that's how i would feel if i started playing new mmo.
    I am pretty sure all the racial mounts have been updated for PvP. It is just that for most races they are only available that way

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am pretty sure all the racial mounts have been updated for PvP. It is just that for most races they are only available that way
    That's true.
    Still they should use some of the pvp mounts without armor/pvp flag as base for racial mounts revamp.

For orc wolves they could use mag'har wolf mount as a base i guess, i think it looks the closest to now, very old wolf models or the pvp one, but i don't know how that one looks without armor.

That's true.
    Still they should use some of the pvp mounts without armor/pvp flag as base for racial mounts revamp.

For orc wolves they could use mag'har wolf mount as a base i guess, i think it looks the closest to now, very old wolf models or the pvp one, but i don't know how that one looks without armor.
    Oh absolutely. I am just saying that the graphic update is already available.
    They are NOT going to update the existing mounts because people would go crazy if they did. But they could add more mounts that use the new models and are somewhat easier to access. A few races have gotten lucky and gotten access to these models; Orcs, Night Elves and Humans all have access to updated models of their racial mounts

Oh absolutely. I am just saying that the graphic update is already available.
    They are NOT going to update the existing mounts because people would go crazy if they did. But they could add more mounts that use the new models and are somewhat easier to access. A few races have gotten lucky and gotten access to these models; Orcs, Night Elves and Humans all have access to updated models of their racial mounts
    Oh yeah i know what you meant, my english is not perfect and my response sometimes looks different than i wanted it to be i guess.

At least there should be one mount per race with updated model that you can get early on, i think kodos are updated for taurens so that's one off the list.

About NE mounts, i still don't have one saber mount from darkshore(rng rip) and the other 2 for warfront medals, because it's a long ass grind.

I sometimes help new players when i just sit in org, some i will give garn nighthowl because i don't want them to be so disappointed with low res wolf. ^^

Oh yeah i know what you meant, my english is not perfect and my response sometimes looks different than i wanted it to be i guess.

At least there should be one mount per race with updated model that you can get early on, i think kodos are updated for taurens so that's one off the list.

About NE mounts, i still don't have one saber mount from darkshore(rng rip) and the other 2 for warfront medals, because it's a long ass grind.

I sometimes help new players when i just sit in org, some i will give garn nighthowl because i don't want them to be so disappointed with low res wolf. ^^
    Honestly this is a good point for the starting experience. As an older player, when I make an alt this days they look like BIG DAMN HEROES. HD mogs, impressive mounts, artifacts weapons. A new player who follows Exile's Reach to BfA (or Dragonflight) will probably look OK but they won't look that cool for a long ass time. Simple but beautiful versions of the racial mounts/flying mounts that are readily accessible very much are needed. Most of us have such a glut of decent cosmetics that we can forget how long it took to get most of them.

Most of us have such a glut of decent cosmetics that we can forget how long it took to get most of them.
    Yeah, that's true.

We have some of these revamped mounts that we got with good rng or grind, but you have new player there that has to use very low res one when playing OG races besides humans and taurens.

Allied races get a mount when you make a character, so it's better in that department.

I would make a forum thread about it, but im EU and blizzard doesn't care about EU forums. ^^
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-05-29 at 07:15 AM.

Yeah, that's true.

We have some of these revamped mounts that we got with good rng or grind, but you have new player there that has to use very low res one when playing OG races besides humans and taurens.

Allied races get a mount when you make a character, so it's better in that department.
    New players don't get Allied races though do they? They will still need to level one character and unlock them. The requirements are gone but you still need to do the unlock scenarios right (possibly they removed that as well, did not follow those news)?

New players don't get Allied races though do they? They will still need to level one character and unlock them. The requirements are gone but you still need to do the unlock scenarios right (possibly they removed that as well, did not follow those news)?
    Hmm, im not sure actually.
    But maybe you're right, i just thought they will be unlocked for everyone, but it makes sense for scenarios still existing and players having to do them.

Even if they won't go for some kind of world revamp, then i hope they will at least do something with racial mounts for all races, so they all have the same hi res quality and are easily accessible as first mounts like we talked about.

5+ Year Old Account
    The biggest offenders IMHO are:

• Old world skyboxes. For the sake of sweet baby Murloc Jesus they are disgusting to look at, they look like your GPU is malfunctioning rather than something intended. Not even freaking Outland skyboxes, which predate Cata's by 4 years, are that ugly.
    • Speaking of ugly, trees in the old world also raise their hand - and much like skyboxes, they are pretty much everywhere, so there's no avoiding them.
    • As someone who loves casters (I've mained mainly mage or priest over the years), please fix robes, for the love of the Eternal Sun. I can't understand how the tubular 2005 models are still in use.
    • Not nearly as bad as the others, but I'd really like more visual consistency for my Arcane mage. Some spells use the cool glowing hands animation from Legion, whereas others still use the white blobs from freaking Vanilla. Teleport/portal spells could also use some love, like showing your toon slowly dematerialize as he/she is casting Teleport, or some glowing (an "arcane" equivalent to Priests' Resurrection) when opening a portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.