Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    I get that you're a fotm player that rolled shadow last week because you saw some logs on icyveins that said it "pumps big numbers", but pressing 2 buttons is objectively bad gameplay, yes.
    Brother, I've been maining Shadow since Cataclysm. I get you don't like the rework but you don't have to lump all players into the same miserable boat you're in to cope with the reality that it's not universally reviled. I'd encourage you not to make shit up to support an imaginary argument. It's not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Brother, I've been maining Shadow since Cataclysm. I get you don't like the rework but you don't have to lump all players into the same miserable boat you're in to cope with the reality that it's not universally reviled. I'd encourage you not to make shit up to support an imaginary argument. It's not a good look.

LoL...shots fired. Duck B*tches
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Nearly every single shadow priest agrees with me, so yes, I can speak on behalf of over 97% of them.
    You're an actual clown if you think you speak for 97% of shadow priests. I have seen plenty of positive reactions to the changes to shadow priest. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist. If anything the response I've seen is 50/50 at worst (or best, depending on your point of view), and that's to say nothing of the inherent negativity bias the human brain has where most people are more willing to complain about something they dislike than to praise something they do like.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Old World Flying Coming Soon as in 11.0.5
    Part of me wants dragonflying for all mounts and in all zones you can fly.

Good on Blizz for the Demo changes.

I do have to L O L at the guy crying about Shadow Priest. It is a fun, dominant spec. Not sure where you get that "97%" number from. But I have an idea that you just freestyled it.

You're in the minority with your negative opinion. That spec is legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsyek View Post
    You're an actual clown if you think you speak for 97% of shadow priests. I have seen plenty of positive reactions to the changes to shadow priest. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist. If anything the response I've seen is 50/50 at worst (or best, depending on your point of view), and that's to say nothing of the inherent negativity bias the human brain has where most people are more willing to complain about something they dislike than to praise something they do like.
    +1 For amicable opinion on Shadow's newer stuff. I think there is room for improvement, but that's every spec at the end of the day - and will always be the case!

Nearly every single shadow priest agrees with me, so yes, I can speak on behalf of over 97% of them.
    That's odd, I've asked every single Shadow Priest in the world and found that at least 58% disagreed with you. By the same account, 87% of WoW players think your opinion is invalid, 100% of redditors didn't have the presence of mind to answer my mind probes and 37% of warrior mains felt like they had the authority to weigh in this discussion, though their suggestions have been generally unfocused.

94% of statisticians however were wary of my data for some reason. Probably got paid off by Big Stats

Because warlocks needed more damage....smh...Blizz is screwed in the head

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Warlock is the main character of WoW. Did you think Green Fire was an outlier? They always get more love

IDK what's going on with Shadow Priest, though. That class has been stuck in a vortex of misery for... how long, now? No one deserves this.
    SP hasn’t really had anything great since S2M. That was what, wod/legion?
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    S2M was really only popular for the first bit of Legion, after which they nerfed the shit out of it.

I really don't think it was good for the spec though because it required insane APM at high stacks and if you had to move out LoS for a raid mechanic/had a bit of lag you'd straight up die. (I still have a VOD example of myself using it on my twitch.) It was great for farm but using it in prog was a bit of a mixed bag. Some players loved it but it was never really my bag.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2023-05-29 at 01:04 PM.

S2M was really only popular for the first bit of Legion, after which they nerfed the shit out of it.

I really don't think it was good for the spec though because it required insane APM at high stacks and if you had to move out LoS for a raid mechanic/had a bit of lag you'd straight up die. (I still have a VOD example of myself using it on my twitch.) It was great for farm but using it in prog was a bit of a mixed bag. Some players loved it but it was never really my bag.
    My brother used to have one as a heroic/farm mythic alt during s2m and I remember him loving it. But it kinda makes sense, he’s add af so he loves apm builds and he used to go for apm pirates in hearthstone battlegrounds.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

15+ Year Old Account
    <--destro lock main

What you NEED to do is fix Destros AoE problem. You might say:

"Topkek idiot"

"But Destro is fine"

"Destro is bussin atm"

yes, Destro is bussin ST. Destro is bussin if we have 9 minutes to stand still and spam RoF until absurd levels and do 250k+ DPS. Yes, I do that all the time. Great in higher keys when the tank decides to literally not move, at all, and I have 7 mobs to pepper with RoF and tab target immolates so I can Channel Demonfire, the thing our fucking tier is made for.

But you move, any amount, or the tank moves out of RoF spam? Our AoE is absolutely trash. We have 0 mobility. It doesn't help the fact that the suggested AoE build does not even include Cataclysm, so no way to mass spread immolate for CD, and we're expected to literally just RoF spam, which requires shards.

Guess what? You don't always have shards. There are pulls that I have exhausted my resources and I cannot do anything. Massive pack of trash. No cata. No shards. no RoF. So...incinerate spam i guess? Kek? The fuck? So while almost every other DPS class has the toolkit to straight up drop 200k aoe dps on a dime not requiring any kind of setup, I'm left with this bullshit? 40k dps while I incinerate spam so I can get 3 shards to throw down 1 (one) RoF, and then keep spamming incinerate? lol? While this hunter and DH are doing 150k balls to the wall every pull? Ret pallies have literally a 2 button rotation to do 400k dps?

The point is, our AoE is absurdly situational and requires checkboxes to be hit before we can do anything and sometimes that feels bad. Does it feel good sometimes? Sure, but it feels bad a lot of the time.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2023-05-29 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    S2M was mostly a meme - people liked it because it was OP (for a while) but like most talents of the kiss/curse variety it was conceptually flawed in that it was either going to be super OP if you could ignore the downside, or it was going to be completely useless if you couldn't ignore it; and then of course they nerfed it to the ground, too.

Personally I liked SP best during Blackrock Foundry times. But maybe that's just me.

What world are you living in? The SPriest rework is pretty well liked. It removed a lot of the spec's redundancy and streamlined its damage profile immeasurably. It feels better to play now than it has in eons.
    Also one of the most broken specs in M+ right now with competitive aoe dps and an unmatched utility combination in PI/MD/VE.

Anyone having "misery" playing shadow priest right now should go load up a frost death knight or some other current dog water spec and talk about it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Also one of the most broken specs in M+ right now with competitive aoe dps and an unmatched utility combination in PI/MD/VE.

Anyone having "misery" playing shadow priest right now should go load up a frost death knight or some other current dog water spec and talk about it again.
    Think you mean BM Hunters. Last place, just below Fire mages. FDK is actually in a good spot overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Think you mean BM Hunters. Last place, just below Fire mages. FDK is actually in a good spot overall.
    Frost DK is hot garb my dude. It's one of the few dps specs I wouldn't even invite to a M+ run and I'm not even that picky when forming groups. Not only is it's dps mid as fuck, I have to worry about a dumb ass breath pulling some shit it shouldn't constantly. At least I can track an UH DKs CDs and pull around them and make them strong as fuck on my own accord, frost is just trash. I'm definitely inviting both BM and Fire over it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-05-30 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    S2M was mostly a meme - people liked it because it was OP (for a while) but like most talents of the kiss/curse variety it was conceptually flawed in that it was either going to be super OP if you could ignore the downside, or it was going to be completely useless if you couldn't ignore it; and then of course they nerfed it to the ground, too.

Personally I liked SP best during Blackrock Foundry times. But maybe that's just me.
    Yee

/10char
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    <--destro lock main

What you NEED to do is fix Destros AoE problem. You might say:

"Topkek idiot"

"But Destro is fine"

"Destro is bussin atm"

yes, Destro is bussin ST. Destro is bussin if we have 9 minutes to stand still and spam RoF until absurd levels and do 250k+ DPS. Yes, I do that all the time. Great in higher keys when the tank decides to literally not move, at all, and I have 7 mobs to pepper with RoF and tab target immolates so I can Channel Demonfire, the thing our fucking tier is made for.

But you move, any amount, or the tank moves out of RoF spam? Our AoE is absolutely trash. We have 0 mobility. It doesn't help the fact that the suggested AoE build does not even include Cataclysm, so no way to mass spread immolate for CD, and we're expected to literally just RoF spam, which requires shards.

Guess what? You don't always have shards. There are pulls that I have exhausted my resources and I cannot do anything. Massive pack of trash. No cata. No shards. no RoF. So...incinerate spam i guess? Kek? The fuck? So while almost every other DPS class has the toolkit to straight up drop 200k aoe dps on a dime not requiring any kind of setup, I'm left with this bullshit? 40k dps while I incinerate spam so I can get 3 shards to throw down 1 (one) RoF, and then keep spamming incinerate? lol? While this hunter and DH are doing 150k balls to the wall every pull? Ret pallies have literally a 2 button rotation to do 400k dps?

The point is, our AoE is absurdly situational and requires checkboxes to be hit before we can do anything and sometimes that feels bad. Does it feel good sometimes? Sure, but it feels bad a lot of the time.
    That is pretty much the most accurate representation of current Destro for M+ Keys and if you even think on going destro on any keys bellow a 21, you're likely just gonna get dabbed by burst aoe classes. Tip my hat to you sir/ma'am.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Old World Flying Coming Soon as in 11.0.5
    Wrong. IT will be by 10.2 at the latest. People really need to stop with this. It is always wrong.