Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Zaralek mobs and WQs are disgusting but I never had this feeling in SL. I do like the sniffen quests, too bad there's only 3 per week.

To elaborate:
    * mobs that have a million health and shield themselves for 400k each time, non interruptable, 3 stacks so pretty much non dispellable too
    * mobs that knockback a mile away
    * mobs with full 8s stun
    * mobs immune to damage that put 4 totem that you have to individually target and kill; good luck figuring out what if you pull 3 of these
    * all mobs seem to have a form of healing or absorb
    * world quests don't tell you clearly what to do; like the one where you get a mushroom, feed a snail and loot the shell; need external websites
    * world quests with small areas and low respawn like the viper one where if there are 3 players there aren't enough mobs

Some things are ok, but there's enough frustration on reset day when I do a bunch of these. Soon 20 and i'll be done thank god...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I got my alts through the zone this weekend for the mogs, killed the world bosses three times in a row with full raids. NOONE got loot. That's not normal.
    https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...gear/447367/25
    Pretty sure it doesn't drop gear. Never seen anyone in my grp get any (EU).
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2023-05-29 at 10:32 PM.

Its not bad at all. But like many things in DF it isn't exciting whatsoever.

Sniffseaking is a bit fun. Reminds me of withered army training. The rest of it is more of the same. Visually, I have to say I was really underwhelmed. Its literally just Deepholme 2.0 and I was expecting something more innovative for the first underground zone in nearly a decade.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Deepholme 2.0 and I was expecting something more innovative for the first underground zone in nearly a decade.
    Deepholme was visually much more appealing than ZC, and mobs weren't these stupid damage sponges that are as annoying as any raid or dungeon boss, but without the rewards LOL.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2023-05-30 at 01:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I see new players there all the time, and tons of alts
    Yeah, sure, people complain on the forums that they can't do the events because of not enough players engaging with them, and you say it's all fine. The proverbial dog in a burning house.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Yeah, sure, people complain on the forums that they can't do the events because of not enough players engaging with them, and you say it's all fine. The proverbial dog in a burning house.
    I see someone does not know of negativity bias.
    people are FAR more likely to go to a forum to complain they can't do something, then people are likely to go to a forum to... not complain that they can do something?

hey guys let me make a thread "Zaralek caverns events are working." ...ok?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2023-05-30 at 07:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'm on Argent Dawn, a full RP server and I rarely see rare trains any more in Zaralek even at peak times in the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we could make such a thread for sure given how many of them were bugged the first week. World Boss is still bugged.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Argent Dawn, a full RP server and I rarely see rare trains any more in Zaralek even at peak times in the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we could make such a thread for sure given how many of them were bugged the first week. World Boss is still bugged.
    How is world boss bugged?

How is world boss bugged?
    a) there seems to be a loot bug with the world boss. There is a thread about it in both the US and EU forums with multiple full raids seeing NO loot from it. Personally I've killed him with alts at least 15 times over the past few weeks almost always in a full group and I have never seen any gear drop.
    b) the shadow boss has some functionality issue. On three different kills last week I saw the boss bug and rapidly switch targeting between multiple people, constantly turning around to face them while not moving and not casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Zaralek mobs and WQs are disgusting but I never had this feeling in SL. I do like the sniffen quests, too bad there's only 3 per week.

To elaborate:
    * mobs that have a million health and shield themselves for 400k each time, non interruptable, 3 stacks so pretty much non dispellable too
    * mobs with full 8s stun
    * mobs immune to damage that put 4 totem that you have to individually target and kill; good luck figuring out what if you pull 3 of these
    * world quests don't tell you clearly what to do; like the one where you get a mushroom, feed a snail and loot the shell; need external websites
    * world quests with small areas and low respawn like the viper one where if there are 3 players there aren't enough mobs

Some things are ok, but there's enough frustration on reset day when I do a bunch of these. Soon 20 and i'll be done thank god...

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it doesn't drop gear. Never seen anyone in my grp get any (EU).
    Blizzard uses LOC shit like they think it makes mobs harder to deal with .. it doesnt it just makes them annoying enough to avoid them altogether if at all possible.

Actually its not "use" LOC, its abuse LOC till the player base gets fucked off with your content and just goes and does something less annoying.

Their devs need to get a fucking clue about making mobs difficult that doesnt involve abusing LOC or making them bullet sponges, the game engine is more than capable of it but nope its low effort content making SNAFU.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2023-05-30 at 07:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    a) there seems to be a loot bug with the world boss. There is a thread about it in both the US and EU forums with multiple full raids seeing NO loot from it. Personally I've killed him with alts at least 15 times over the past few weeks almost always in a full group and I have never seen any gear drop.
    b) the shadow boss has some functionality issue. On three different kills last week I saw the boss bug and rapidly switch targeting between multiple people, constantly turning around to face them while not moving and not casting.
    huh that is odd, have encountered the loot bug but not the other, hope its fixed today.

huh that is odd, have encountered the loot bug but not the other, hope its fixed today.
    I don't think it was there the previous reset. It was mostly funny (he looked like he was glitching out). The loot one though is problematic since it has affected a lot of people.

Also a more minor issue; you get the world quest complete voice acting line and THEN you get the death line from the female elder.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    EDIT: I forgot to mention the World boss, i did it on many alts and didn't see any loot dropping or other people getting any loot in chat logs.
    That's btw a major issue that somehow nobody cares about? In ~40 kills I haven't seen a single player get any loot from them. After the first week I expected a silent hotfix, but nothing's happening, and now we are almost in the 4th id.

As for the zone itself: Already in week 2 you would be on shards where there was literally every single rare and event up. All the content there feels utterly unrewarding, even for "outdoor content" alts (a major issue here is also that the catalyst comes way too late. An alt with 395+ who wears tier set from Forbidden Reach will not exchange that for a 411 non set, and getting 424 you will need the item in veteran quality (with very limited sources) first and then farm dragon crest fragments).
    Last edited by Puri; 2023-05-30 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    That's btw a major issue that somehow nobody cares about? In ~40 kills I haven't seen a single player get any loot from them. After the first week I expected a silent hotfix, but nothing's happening, and now we are almost in the 4th id.
    I don't think that noone cares about it, it's just blizzard doesn't care enough to fix it, it's one of the things that should get a lot of devs eyes.

I don't know about others, but one of my favorite things to do after weekly reset is to kill a worldboss on all my max lvl characters through the week, now i don't care about killing the elders wb because it's just pointless as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    unless you have a group
    oh no, multiplayer game trying to get you to play with other players... what a horror...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    But the worst part, none of the above "activities" drop anything worth farming.
    this i can get behind

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    * mobs with full 8s stun
    Those Djaradin are downright stupid, i just stopped bothering with quests in that hellhole, it's a no-go area as DPS-spec, and it's a dreary slog through all their hit points, heals, and shields as tank-spec, i hope we've seen the last of those annoying things now their precious elders are all dead...

The rest of the zone is amusing enough, but there's not enough to do, people don't bother with rares anymore (Downside of "Group quests in a MMO!": If other people don't do the content, it's impossible to do and therefore might as well not exist), so it's 3 WQs a day and maybe an event or two, which isn't enough to make a zone worthwhile, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    i hope we've seen the last of those annoying things now their precious elders are all dead...
    Igira is not dead. Heck I would not be surprised if she gets a mini raid in 10.1.7 with Fyrakk.

I see someone does not know of negativity bias.
    people are FAR more likely to go to a forum to complain they can't do something, then people are likely to go to a forum to... not complain that they can do something?

It was ok the first week, lots of ppl. By now the area is deserted with all the rares up, alive and well. Maybe they all group up and jump on other servers, who knows. But doubt it - rares and events were only useful at the start because we were not exactly sure how badly we needed the crests. After realizing the loot we get needs higher crests, the rares were abandoned. Only interested ppl are those who don't do any grp content and have a lot of time on their hands. Which apparently aren't all that many. I only kill the rare that has a chance to drop a mount and now I don't even do it daily becauase blizz changed it so you have less chances (You get loot only about twice per week from same rare)

I don't mind the zone, but yeah, as people have said, mobs are not good. Too much health, and their abilities are frustrating and annoying, not challenging.

Yeah I did some Cata TW this week to finish leveling my Evoker and while I was kept fairly busy as a healer and a lot of people broke themselves upon Ozruk's body, we did not really have any wipes.
    that is pretty crazy to me tbh. Because I queued Healer on my Evoker as well, but just specced dps for the dungeon because There is no damage in TW. Seems like all groups I did just hold the W key for the entire dungeon and never let go, and you finish in like 7-8min

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly if the World Boss just like Guarantee dropped a Wyrm Crest I'd be cool with that

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    that is pretty crazy to me tbh. Because I queued Healer on my Evoker as well, but just specced dps for the dungeon because There is no damage in TW. Seems like all groups I did just hold the W key for the entire dungeon and never let go, and you finish in like 7-8min
    I might have had a pretty bad group then. I don't do much TW. But on Ozruk I remember tank and both melee died and then I and the mage killed it. With slightly more dps he wouldn't even have cast that ability though so a slightly better group probably would have killed him before it ever became an issue.