Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    The only thing I personally dislike is that if I get a Hero item from a 16-17 key, I must have a Wyrm tokens to upgrade it ( from 11-15 keys ).

So instead of doing harder content, I have to go back and do lower keys? This is kinda ridiculous tbh.
    you dont.

you can exchange aspect crests for wyrm on vendor .

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it looked more complicated on paper than it is. This system have some problems but overall its fine.

1st - why the heck those are inventory items not currency tab ?
    2nd - cant convert crests to higher. I know they feels like you need proper one to upgarde = u achived higher content but would be nice to at least to convert 10 crests into 1 higher or smth.
    3rd - i dont get why do we need flighstones here at all ? Those are useless and make no sense to exist.

Some ppl sayin that valor would be same but its not same. Valors were flat currency for flat upgrade system. Now gear is bracketed. Each bracket has his crests. And thats fine imo. And one more thing. Valors were capped. Crests are not. Ok just capacisty but you can earn and spent them all over again with no limitation.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-05-30 at 07:36 AM.

You can downgrade Aspects to Wyrm and Wyrm to Drake FYI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    I don't really understand how crests are better then valor. Valor just seems a more steady and reliable system while juggling crests feels tedious. I missed the first few weeks of the patch and now struggle to have enough heroic crests to use my aspect ones.
    You can downgrade Aspects to Wyrm, And wyrm to drake. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Actually it looked more complicated on paper than it is. This system have some problems but overall its fine.

1st - why the heck those are inventory items not currency tab ?
    2nd - cant convert crests to higher. I know they feels like you need proper one to upgarde = u achived higher content but would be nice to at least to convert 10 crests into 1 higher or smth.
    3rd - i dont get why do we need flighstones here at all ? Those are useless and make no sense to exist.

Some ppl sayin that valor would be same but its not same. Valors were flat currency for flat upgrade system. Now gear is bracketed. Each bracket has his crests. And thats fine imo. And one more thing. Valors were capped. Crests are not. Ok just capacisty but you can earn and spent them all over again with no limitation.
    they cant do conversion because then

a) raiders whould whine they have to farm m+ 24/7 to maximize gear on week 1
    b) people would whine they have to farm lower difficulties because noone invites them to higher.

yes conversion should be in game but wow players especialy mythic tryhards, make it impossible.

• Tiers of gear: They're ok-ish. The problems with them are the unnecessary convoluted functionality, lack of guide on them and strict breakpoints.
      - There is absolutely no reason to not have the fragments as a currency and use 15 fragments for an upgrade instead of having to turn them into another crest. It's like they're developing a gacha game and trying to obfuscate the real costs. Sounds they'll address this next major patch.
      - The breakpoints are poorly implemented. Take for example the jump from +10 to +11 in M+. A person who does +10 with ease and easily finds groups will have an incredibly hard time to the same in a +11. Even though the difficulty increase in insignificant, it's probably the most efficient way to farm Wyrm fragments because it drops the same amount as higher difficulties. This efficiency makes it so that a lot of the higher geared chars are attracted to it, effectively pushing aside the lower geared ones (even though in turn, these are also overgeared for the difficulty)
      - Lastly, the guide on the system. You have to research a lot on 3rd party sites to figure out what difficulty drops what ilvl and what tier it's on to figure out what you want to run based on your goals. Once you've done it though, it's easy to plan what you want to do, but again, it's simply crap that the game or blizzard does not provide this info.
    • Sparks - these are fine-ish. Their reliance on other game modes is kinda meh, but overall the implementation is mostly fine. Was complete bullshit in season 1 if you needed more than the initial ones for whatever reason. I personally fucked up because I didn't research (the big problem with WoW tbh) and crafted chest/head/pants only to find out that these can't be turned into tier.
    • Embellished is whatever, doesn't feel like you have a real choice.
    • Catalyst is ok but is simply unlocked too late. Instead of being a system that works with the rest, it's just a pity system. Would be better to have catalyst charges also on the vault vendor for coins, so people can choose between grabbing an item upgrade or turning a piece into a set piece.
    Last edited by kranur; 2023-05-30 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they cant do conversion because then

a) raiders whould whine they have to farm m+ 24/7 to maximize gear on week 1
    b) people would whine they have to farm lower difficulties because noone invites them to higher.

yes conversion should be in game but wow players especialy mythic tryhards, make it impossible.
    But the problem is in them selves. They dont have to. They push them selves to do it. I know i know what you mean. And was thinkin same about this. Or unlock this over few weeks after like cathalyst. Thats sounds more reasonable and no QQ from tryharders.

I would probably get used to it, once I played for a while, but that description alone is enough to make me go play something else.

I have no idea who came up with "let's shuffle all the mechanics and introduce 20 new names every expansion" , but it doesn't seem like a very smart move for a game that people quit and rejoin constantly
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I would probably get used to it, once I played for a while, but that description alone is enough to make me go play something else.

I have no idea who came up with "let's shuffle all the mechanics and introduce 20 new names every expansion" , but it doesn't seem like a very smart move for a game that people quit and rejoin constantly
    Prob thats why WoW is still a thing. He is changeing over and over again :P

Quote Originally Posted by DohnJoe View Post
    You can downgrade Aspects to Wyrm and Wyrm to Drake FYI.

- - - Updated - - -

You can downgrade Aspects to Wyrm, And wyrm to drake. Just FYI.
    You can but with each one being limited on how many you can collect you rarely want to. Its not the worse system ever I just felt the rating system last patch was better. This is coming from a player with every deep cut from the vault achievement completed so it simply might just suit me better.

I dont mind the explorer/adventurer/veteran tokens so much as the lack of actual gear sources. Unless you run a lot of mythics, there's little gear to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    You have to be an astronomically massive idiot to not be able to look at crests/tiers and the upgrade guy once and be like "OK this is easy".

It was understandable from blizzards overcomplicated dogshit post about the system.

But basically after day 1 of the patch, it's a "you're an idiot" problem.
    Okay, but where in game am I notified when I need crests and when only stones to upgrade my gear?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Once you've upgraded one piece to a certain degree you will only need flightstones to upgrade other pieces to the same level. Somehow.

its garbage system and I personally hate it.

with that being said im not sure you can make everyone happy with any system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly feel that this system is almost perfect.

Few caveats for me.
    Fragments\Crests need to be currency.
    Should start earning lower tier fragments\crests once capped on higher tier.
    Consolidate down to 3 tiers of gear instead of the 5 (or 6) that exist.

The alt catch up is awesome, and the rest of it works pretty well.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So complicated, and so many currencies. What should I upgrade. Are there tools yet? Remember when they said Reforging was too complicated. What happened? I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    I have no idea how the system works. I just loot the pieces, see that it can be upgraded, if it can I go to Valdrakken to the upgrade guy, and if I have the required components (I have no idea how or where I got them), I upgrade it (if it got good stats for my class of course).
    How do people get through life like this, being confounded by something they could google and understand in 60 sec?

The next iteration will probably be a bit simpler but this is a dramatically better system than anything they've had in a while.

Even encouraging degens to carry some 11-15 keys isn't the worst thing, it's almost like titanforging where you still get something useful in lower things helping friends
    Last edited by Tyris Flare; 2023-05-30 at 03:07 PM.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    So complicated, and so many currencies. What should I upgrade. Are there tools yet? Remember when they said Reforging was too complicated. What happened? I hate it.
    With retail, I often get the feeling that it is trying to copycat PoE... Too bad that it seems to be copying all of the latter's flaws without any of its virtues.
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    How do people get through life like this, being confounded by something they could google and understand in 60 sec?

The next iteration will probably be a bit simpler but this is a dramatically better system than anything they've had in a while.

Even encouraging degens to carry some 11-15 keys isn't the worst thing, it's almost like titanforging where you still get something useful in lower things helping friends
    I mean, yes. You could argue that the system is easy to understand but then you have:
    4 different upgrade paths (depending on difficulty of content). Which is easy enough to understand
    4 different upgrade currencies. Drops depending on difficulty of content.
    Flightstones.
    Easy enough. But now:
    You upgrade one upgrade path using different currencies... Why?
    You get to a point where you only need flightstones to upgrade. When? And how does WoW notify you about that? Do you have to use trial and error? Does this count for alts?
    Each different upgrade path has a different amount of upgrade levels. Why?

The current system is extremely inconsistent and that's probably what's most confusing.

Oh and I forgot:
    You need a different amount of crests for crafting as well. Just why?
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2023-05-30 at 04:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand how crests are better then valor. Valor just seems a more steady and reliable system while juggling crests feels tedious. I missed the first few weeks of the patch and now struggle to have enough heroic crests to use my aspect ones.
    Valor was just from m+
    Valor was best farmed at level 2 keystones.
    Valor required gear to have their upgrades locked until you got a specific rating.
    Valor upgrades the item, not the slot, crests upgrade the slot.
    Crests mean you instead do the content you are progressing in, and as long as you get the currency, are free to upgrade stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean, yes. You could argue that the system is easy to understand but then you have:
    4 different upgrade paths (depending on difficulty of content). Which is easy enough to understand
    4 different upgrade currencies. Drops depending on difficulty of content.
    Flightstones.
    Easy enough. But now:
    You upgrade one upgrade path using different currencies... Why?
    You get to a point where you only need flightstones to upgrade. When? And how does WoW notify you about that? Do you have to use trial and error? Does this count for alts?
    Each different upgrade path has a different amount of upgrade levels. Why?

The current system is extremely inconsistent and that's probably what's most confusing.
    1- an item only costs flight stones if you have an item on your account that is higher then that item level.

Once you get a 440 helmet. All helmets only cost flight stones to upgrade, until it hits 440. On your main. On your alts it will still cost them crests, but the flightstone cost will be reduced, like on your main.

2. Why different currencies? Because they come from higher difficulties, this way you get upgrades from doing hard content, and not "ok guys we need valor, let's run 80 M+2's" and not "shit I got an item but I can't upgrade it cause I need 2400 m+ rating" now if you get the crest, you can upgrade something.

3. This is incorrect, all of them have 8 except for hero, which is the highest items, and that is because of their peak nature.

4. Crests are used to upgrade the slot, any item in that slot is only needed to be upgraded once with crests. Flightstones are what are used to upgrade the items specifically.

It's not inconsistent, you just didn't know why/how it worked.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2023-05-30 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Overall a VERY big step in the right direction. With a couple toothing problems.

Flightstones... why do these exist? They are plentiful enough that you barely ever need to go out of your way to farm them (and tbh it would suck if you had to). Prime candidate to get rid off next patch.

Dragon crests... would be nice to use them for let's say 424 gear just as whelpling is for 408.

Wyrm crests... small bottle neck for players who live in 16+ but have to farm them in 11-15. Yeah I know you can downgrade aspect but if you do you might not have as many aspect crests as you need. This leads to overqualified players taking PuG spots away from others who actually progress in 11-15.

Sparks... generally a good idea to timegate 447 gear. They "feel" too timegated to me though. I think it would be better to have more of them but at a lower ilvl. I'd say crafted items 441 but m+ hero gear then could be upgraded to 444. Crafted gear already has the advantage of perfect stats and realistically longterm no m+ drop can compete as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Okay, but where in game am I notified when I need crests and when only stones to upgrade my gear?
    In the menu you use to actually upgrade your stuff. Just read what it says...

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    In the menu you use to actually upgrade your stuff. Just read what it says...
    So trial and error? Kinda annoying that I can't see if I can upgrade something for cheap when it actually drops.