Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's the reason for people playing SV now?

I've seen a lot of hunters in raids and mythic+ as sv spec, has the spec got buffs or does the 4set benefit them the most?. They are doing very high dps.

Only reason anyone would play that dogshit spec is because it's meta

Same thing happened in 9.3 with mad bombardier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    Only reason anyone would play that dogshit spec is because it's meta

Same thing happened in 9.3 with mad bombardier
    SV is pretty dope, why u hatin'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it best-performing Hunter spec now? That's probably why.

I ran SV spec on TW and heroic dungeons. Simply is just better as I don't have to stand to cast. Things die too fast and also tank usually pull boss to boss leaving little time to cast (I play MM) BM doesn't seem to do as much damage SV in these cast. Also as SV I can easily keep with the tanks as he pull mobs and after mobs.

I'd like to think a part of it is more people just enjoying SV- and I am sure to some degree that is true. But more likely is for the moment the dps is apparently pretty good. What you are seeing is no different from lets say if Arms became the go to spec for Warriors tomorrow then you would probably see many more Arms warriors running around.

It's the best M+ spec for Hunters by some margin, and it is the best for the endboss in the raid on Mythic as well.

It’s the funniest spec in the game. Maybe that’s why.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    If it were the most fun spec it wouldn't be one of the least played; especially when it's performing so well.

SV's representation ticked up this season because it does the most damage. Simple as that. However, it's still by far the least-played Hunter spec and among the least played specs in the game, beating out only Arcane Mage, Assassination Rogue, and Affliction Warlock in M+ (all performing much worse than SV). There are about 3 times as many MM Hunters in M+ as SV, a spec that's not performing as well and widely considered to not be very fun. There are also about 4 times as many BM Hunters.

The lesson from SV's current status isn't "omg so many are playing it!". The lesson is that the overwhelming majority of Hunters would rather take a performance hit just to avoid SV.

This is the part where SV fans dismiss all Hunters as invalids who just can't mentally comprehend the sheer complexity and depth of SV, but that sort of snobbery is part of why SV Hunters get such a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    What's funny about it?
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    What's funny about it?
    Versatility plain and simple. (I don’t pve at all. Only pvp)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    SV is pretty dope, why u hatin'?
    im salty about it still due it could have been a 4th specc but instead they gutted old surv in favor for a concept and rework they knew would be very unpopular and unplayed. But then again, whole hunter class have suffered thanks to legions moronic design made by people who absolute have no understanding or clue about how the class was and how it was developed before legion. MM (which was my favorite specc) got screwed over thanks to them trying to put old surv stuff into the tree, cluttering up MMs tree and making it unpleasant to play. Logical thinking and good class design is something blizzard doesnt excell in nowadays.

TL DR: meele surv should have been a node where you could choose between ranged or meele or just simply a 4th specc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    If it were the most fun spec it wouldn't be one of the least played; especially when it's performing so well.
    All hunter specs are performing poorly. None are performing well, much less "so well".

SV is very fun, but most "serious" mythic raid guilds have limited melee spots, so people play MM over SV. Doing slightly less damage as a ranged is fine vs having to outperform the worst melee already in the raid.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    All hunter specs are performing poorly. None are performing well, much less "so well".

SV is very fun, but most "serious" mythic raid guilds have limited melee spots, so people play MM over SV. Doing slightly less damage as a ranged is fine vs having to outperform the worst melee already in the raid.
    Blah blah, always an excuse when it comes to SV fans

Quote Originally Posted by compass81 View Post
    I've seen a lot of hunters in raids and mythic+ as sv spec, has the spec got buffs or does the 4set benefit them the most?. They are doing very high dps.
    Called me pet pig "Tyrion" and now cosplaying as that dude from GoT whose head got crushed by the big dude.

Honestly it's great fun in spite of all the bitterness people have for it.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Blah blah, always an excuse when it comes to SV fans
    Doesn’t change it from being true. Melee spots are at a premium, and to justify having a SV Hunter it needs to (a) provide something other melee or it’s range counterpart don’t (it doesn’t), and/or (b) do much higher damage than it’s range counterpart or other melee (the current difference is so low its not justifiable).

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Doesn’t change it from being true. Melee spots are at a premium, and to justify having a SV Hunter it needs to (a) provide something other melee or it’s range counterpart don’t (it doesn’t), and/or (b) do much higher damage than it’s range counterpart or other melee (the current difference is so low its not justifiable).
    Wow maybe it was a bad idea to make a melee Hunter spec then

This is the part where SV fans dismiss all Hunters as invalids who just can't mentally comprehend the sheer complexity and depth of SV, but that sort of snobbery is part of why SV Hunters get such a bad rap.
    Funny, the only snobbery I ever see is MM and BM hunters deriding anyone for DARING to have the GALL to play a spec they don't like.

Wow maybe it was a bad idea to make a melee Hunter spec then
    Keep crying about it for another decade then

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Funny, the only snobbery I ever see is MM and BM hunters deriding anyone for DARING to have the GALL to play a spec they don't like.
    SV Hunters are by far the worst snobs in the game. They all talk like the spec is God's gift to class design and we mortals are too simple-minded to appreciate its divine excellence. Seriously, read posts on how SV mains talk about the spec. There's a widespread theme of portraying SV Hunters as valuable and other Hunters as expendable.