Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is there any reason to invite a hunter to mythic+ runs?

I feel terrible as a hunter when i see shadow priests, boomkins, ret paladins, rogues etc having far better survivability, utility and dps. I offer nothing to the group just a freezing trap, my defensive cds are a joke so i'm wondering if there is anything useful a hunter brings to a group.

I mean they sure are not the best, but let's not claim they bring nothing.

With freezing trap and scare beast they can deal with incorporeal all alone.
    With tar trap and binding shot they are one of the best classes for spiteful.
    With tranq shot they help tremendously with raging (and obviously any form of dispellable magic/enraging buff)
    Entangling is a non affix (in any way) for hunters.

They have bloodlust, and they have an "almost" immunity to cheese several encounters (Underrot says hello). They can taunt (trash) mobs of they are going to apply some dangerous debuffs to the tank (/wave uldaman).

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I mean they sure are not the best, but let's not claim they bring nothing.

With freezing trap and scare beast they can deal with incorporeal all alone.
    With tar trap and binding shot they are one of the best classes for spiteful.
    With tranq shot they help tremendously with raging (and obviously any form of dispellable magic/enraging buff)
    Entangling is a non affix (in any way) for hunters.

They have bloodlust, and they have an "almost" immunity to cheese several encounters (Underrot says hello). They can taunt (trash) mobs of they are going to apply some dangerous debuffs to the tank (/wave uldaman).
    Sure, we bring bloodlust but everything you said, a boomkin can do that too with better healing and survivability. Ret paladins have better immunity cds and defensives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter what class/specs you invite to most keys.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    BM hunters offer pretty good cleave dmg, stable interruption and heroism if they have the right pets and they can do their rotation even while moving so it has potential to beat out pretty much any DPS if played properly in the real world.

shadow has 45 sec kick cd and cant do dmg while moving.. ye they have good surv. and dmg but thats not all
    hunters should get a bit more selfheal but pve only they are absolutly fine atm.

It must be a theme with mail wearing classes. From my experience, tanking keys with either hunters/shamans/evokers, I find they just die. Everyone else is alive, but they're dead. The exception to this I found are resto shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    fluffy pets <3
    love WoWarcraft

same reason as a enh/ele sham, warlock, arcane mage, and whatever other speccs that aren't the SoTM.

You'll be doing just fine if its not a 24+ key (and even then you'll be fine if you're a good player with a good team).
    There will always be speccs that aren't as good in m+ as the top speccs, due to tuning. The difference is sometimes minor, sometimes bigger, but its very rare you can't carry your weight. If it bothers you that you aren't the top 5 at a given patch, you can reroll, but consider this means you'll be rerolling a lot.

I have 2 hunters in my runs more often than not. Thats because theyre friends, and we cleared all 20s in both tyrannical and fortified just fine.

long story short, play your own keys or network / play with friends.

If you want to really push for the top 0,5% or whatever the season cutoff is, hunter isnt good this season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bloodlust, Enrage dispell and Crowd Control?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by compass81 View Post
    Sure, we bring bloodlust but everything you said, a boomkin can do that too with better healing and survivability. Ret paladins have better immunity cds and defensives.
    I cannot follow your reasoning. There are 12 classes and 25 dps specs, if you strictly go by what's "best" for any m+ situation then there will always be 22 dps specs and (at least) 9 classes that are not "the best". You claimed hunters bring nothing to the table, and that's just wrong.

This is why no-one takes MMOC seriously.

In this season, from Raider IO - filtered to DPS timed runs 15 and above, there are:

Warriors 46346
    Paladin 68559
    Hunter 72617
    Rogue 38258
    Priest 46216
    DK 24243
    Shaman 35165
    Mage 41637
    Warlock 60190
    Monk 19799
    Druid 36953
    DH 29837
    Evoker 30084
    (out of a total sample size of 549,904)

To put this in order:

Rank Percent Class
    1 13.21% Hunter
    2 12.47% Paladin
    3 10.95% Warlock
    4 8.43% Warrior
    5 8.40% Priest
    6 7.57% Mage
    7 6.96% Rogue
    8 6.72% Druid
    9 6.39% Shaman
    10 5.47% Evoker
    11 5.43% DH
    12 4.41% DK
    13 3.60% Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

In this season, from Raider IO - filtered to DPS timed runs 15 and above, there are:

Warriors 46346
    Paladin 68559
    Hunter 72617
    Rogue 38258
    Priest 46216
    DK 24243
    Shaman 35165
    Mage 41637
    Warlock 60190
    Monk 19799
    Druid 36953
    DH 29837
    Evoker 30084
    (out of a total sample size of 549,904)

To put this in order:

Rank Percent Class
    1 13.21% Hunter
    2 12.47% Paladin
    3 10.95% Warlock
    4 8.43% Warrior
    5 8.40% Priest
    6 7.57% Mage
    7 6.96% Rogue
    8 6.72% Druid
    9 6.39% Shaman
    10 5.47% Evoker
    11 5.43% DH
    12 4.41% DK
    13 3.60% Monk
    Just because they're the most popular doesn't mean they're the best.
    Especially if you look at relatively low keys like 15s. If you instead use all 25s or higher, you have hunters as the lowest participating dps class except for DK, at 1.6% total. Or if you look at all keys it's 13.6%

Again, just because it's brought to a key or used, does not mean it's the best

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Especially if you look at relatively low keys like 15s. If you instead use all 25s or higher, you have hunters as the lowest participating dps class except for DK, at 1.6% total. Or if you look at all keys it's 13.6%

And nowhere does he claim or the statistic state that they are the best.
    It just shows that - unlike the op claims - there seems to be some reason to invite a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post

He didn't say they're the best, but the thread is called "is there any reason to bring a hunter to m+" and he responded with "most people bring a hunter to m+".

Why the fuck would you look at 25+? This is not a thread about what the top end meta is. If you only bring meta classes to low keys you're a moron and/or you want to be carried.

God I love it here XD

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Doesn't matter what class/specs you invite to most keys.
    People exaggerate how much it matters but it's not that it "doesn't" matter, especially on weeks like this incorp and afflicted where not everyone can deal with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

Can filter by 20s or a more reasonable result, since that is where rewards
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...MythicLevel=99

Hunters are doing pretty well, middle tier for ranged DPS.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    God I love it here XD
    It's honestly always like this...

As I said, this is why no-one takes MMOC seriously.

> 'there's no reason to invite a hunter'
    > 'they're the most popular DPS class in average mythic content (links evidence)'
    > 'ackchyually they're not the best class, and if you looked at the data of the top (0.02% of) runs, you'd understand why I am right and you are wrong'
    Last edited by Anzen; 2023-06-05 at 03:44 PM.