Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Issues that took far longer time to be done or resolved than they should have been ?

What are some events, issues and characters' returns or resolutions to a character, race or nation that took far longer and slower to be done or resolved than they should have been ?

When looking back at all the circus with Jaina returning to Dalaran, due to a prophecy of her being the future of the Kirin Tor, before leaving in Legion and then finally returning to her home in Kul Tiras and resolving her trauma and anger issues during BFA I do think that it would have been better for her to return to Kul Tiras and bring it back into the Alliance during MOP instead of waiting three more expansions of unnecessary and often chapeau dramatique for it to happen (I would also have entirely cut the Derek Proudmoore stuff that should have never been imagined in the first place).

There's also the very late resolution of the Defias Brotherhood storyline during Dragonflight, with Stormwind finally restoring its authority in Westfall and ending the Defias annoyance for good. It should have been several expansions sooner.

I have also already expressed my thoughs on the Stromgarde restoration, return of Danath Trollbane, and battle for Stromgarde happening during Cataclysm or MOP era with different actors (Forsaken, and as the main Horde force, and Gnomes instead of Darkspear Trolls and Lightforged Draenei) in my Battle of Stromgarde thread.

Magatha is somehow still alive.

The Windrunners too.

This needs fixing.

Silvermoon is still only half a city. It's time to rebuild.

The Forsaken still exist.
    If nothing else they should've been forcibly relocated to a village near Icecrown and relabeled under the Scourge aegis.

7+ Year Old Account
    -The Darkspear not having a chieftain after Vol'jin's death

-Fixing Silvermoon

-Fixing Gnomeregan

-Killing off Sylvanas
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

All light and nature leaning organisations not banding together to destroy the forsaken and cleanse Lordaeron.

And this as far back as cataclysm at least, there have been plenty of opportunities.
    Seriously those guys were off the deep end with Sylvanas as their well written villainous leader until they mucked it up so thoroughly during BfA and SL especially.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Gnomes, Worgen, and Night Elves are still refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Gnomes, Worgen, and Night Elves are still refugees.
    It's downright criminal that Gnomeregan and Gilneas are still in the same state after ages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Magatha is somehow still alive.

The Windrunners too.

This needs fixing.
    That depends, which Windrunner you are talking about ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Yes.

Also, I really want to see a redone Gilneas. Lorewise I think Gnomeregan is reclaimed now, and the NEs will get a new tree with the way the story is going. Blizzard has been pretending Gilneas doesn't exist since early Cata.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Not sure if it applies, but I wish there was a confirmation about who's tomb is the one in Stormwind, inside the big crypt, with the Lordaeron seal. I once asked a GM if it was supposed to be Arthas' tomb, and he replied with some cryptic message, I'm pretty sure he had no idea either.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    Not sure if it applies, but I wish there was a confirmation about who's tomb is the one in Stormwind, inside the big crypt, with the Lordaeron seal. I once asked a GM if it was supposed to be Arthas' tomb, and he replied with some cryptic message, I'm pretty sure he had no idea either.
    For some reason, I always thought that it was Tiffany (Andy's mom)'s tomb. But why Arthas'? If anything, he should have been buried in Light Hope's Chapel or something, it would have been just a lil' bit poetic and ironic at the same time.

More OT, imo the biggest offenders are:

• Half of Alliance's core races are still refugees, and it seems they will remain so in the foreseeable future.
    • Draenei still live in a barely functional, broken piece of spacecraft, despite having had 15+ years to fix their @#$&. Sure, they managed to build the Vindicaar, which is still... AFK somewhere up there, I guess?
    • Silvermoon is still a half ruined city made of smoke and mirrors.
    • DS Trolls still not bothering to fully settle the Echo Isles.
    • Nelfs still being canonically part of the Alliance after having been effectively thrown to the wolves a few years ago.
    • Sadfang not bothering to call Mak'gora against Sylvie, despite ostensibly opposing her, until he got the blessing of the enemy faction's leader. Still he did a smidge better than Baine, who didn't even bother with Mak'gora despite his father's example.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    All of them. They are all abominations in need of brutal murder.

Jaina arc regarding her issue is flawed to the core.
    They didn't bring it back in MoP because they actually resolved it at the end of MoP. In the novel with the trial of Garrosh they make a big deal out of it and Jaina realizes that if she hates and acts on her hate she is no better than Garrosh. Kalec is even relieved that that is the Jaina he knows and loves.
    Issue being solved, we proceed with expansions. Blizz has amnesia and forgets or decides ppl don't read the novels anyway and decides to make Jaina angry as all hell, disappearing during times when the entire planet was stake. Jaina decides somewhat not working with the Horde is way more important than saving the world.
    Then we get some abysmal reference in a comic in Bfa start that Jaina didn't abandon the world, no no, she is not nonsensical, she was just killing demons on her own somewhere. And look at that, we need ppl to support the conflict from BfA, so Jaina is back.

Jaina is the most jarring character and doesn't feel like a person anymore, it just makes you deeply aware that it's a made up char that changes 180 degrees for whatever blizz thinks would fit at a given time.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2023-06-07 at 01:12 PM.

Definitely Gilneas following SL. Why would the Desolate Council hold onto it even for a second?

3+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see where Nendis is
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Jaina arc regarding her issue is flawed to the core.
    They didn't bring it back in MoP because they actually resolved it at the end of MoP. In the novel with the trial of Garrosh they make a big deal out of it and Jaina realizes that if she hates and acts on her hate she is no better than Garrosh. Kalec is even relieved that that is the Jaina he knows and loves.
    Issue being solved, we proceed with expansions. Blizz has amnesia and forgets or decides ppl don't read the novels anyway and decides to make Jaina angry as all hell, disappearing during times when the entire planet was stake. Jaina decides somewhat not working with the Horde is way more important than saving the world.
    Then we get some abysmal reference in a comic in Bfa start that Jaina didn't abandon the world, no no, she is not nonsensical, she was just killing demons on her own somewhere. And look at that, we need ppl to support the conflict from BfA, so Jaina is back.

Jaina is the most jarring character and doesn't feel like a person anymore, it just makes you deeply aware that it's a made up char that changes 180 degrees for whatever blizz thinks would fit at a given time.
    Most the old guard characters just sort of bumble about in a mixture of 'new story' and 'reminding the audience why they were cool 20 years ago". In between periods of just being absent for reasons.

Blizz definitely doesn't seem to have character arcs planned out at all which is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The Forsaken still exist.
    If nothing else they should've been forcibly relocated to a village near Icecrown and relabeled under the Scourge aegis.
    Playable races will not be removed from the game. You should know this. Lordaeron is no longer land for humans. If you want it gone to the original owner call the Amani.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Definitely Gilneas following SL. Why would the Desolate Council hold onto it even for a second?
    Because not everyone wants to appease with the nation who activley tried to eradicate the Forsaken many times. Calia is a minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    For some reason, I always thought that it was Tiffany (Andy's mom)'s tomb. But why Arthas'? If anything, he should have been buried in Light Hope's Chapel or something, it would have been just a lil' bit poetic and ironic at the same time.

More OT, imo the biggest offenders are:

• Half of Alliance's core races are still refugees, and it seems they will remain so in the foreseeable future.
    • Draenei still live in a barely functional, broken piece of spacecraft, despite having had 15+ years to fix their @#$&. Sure, they managed to build the Vindicaar, which is still... AFK somewhere up there, I guess?
    • Silvermoon is still a half ruined city made of smoke and mirrors.
    • DS Trolls still not bothering to fully settle the Echo Isles.
    • Nelfs still being canonically part of the Alliance after having been effectively thrown to the wolves a few years ago.
    • Sadfang not bothering to call Mak'gora against Sylvie, despite ostensibly opposing her, until he got the blessing of the enemy faction's leader. Still he did a smidge better than Baine, who didn't even bother with Mak'gora despite his father's example.
    Read Exploring Azeroth Kalimdor. Exodar is fully functioning again. Velen and his people are able to go back to Argus any time they want. The question is why is Bob still not able to fix the other half of his city after 15 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I would love to see where Nendis is
    Hasic too.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hasic

It says that world scale issues may be why its not included. The town was mentioned in Day of the Dragon and has been mentioned in lore since then.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    For the same reason why orcs and goblins are still in Ashenvale.