Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Pathfinder is unacceptable

Back in old times it was ok to suffer a little bit to unlock enjoyable content forever. But now "Content I want to do is gated behind content I don't want to do" design is no longer acceptable for me, sorry.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

And yet here you a decade later

I agree we essentially already fly in dragonflight and regular flight is kinda a downgrade

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Back in old times it was ok to suffer a little bit to unlock enjoyable content forever. But now "Content I want to do is gated behind content I don't want to do" design is no longer acceptable for me, sorry.
    Who cares what is acceptable for you, you cant do the achievement anyway since you havent even bought DF as per your other -200iq rants over the year.

You will probably get the Pathfinder achievement on login if you've played even the slightest bit of Dragonflight.

You only need all zones explored, all zone questlines done (including 10.1) and 15 renown with all factions.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    You will probably get the Pathfinder achievement on login if you've played even the slightest bit of Dragonflight.

You only need all zones explored, all zone questlines done (including 10.1) and 15 renown with all factions.
    ....well as per normal pathfinder logic you'll probably still have to explore the emerald dream raise THEIR faction to 15 and do that questline

But like I said essentially you're working towards a downgrade/new way to afk

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....well as per normal pathfinder logic you'll probably still have to explore the emerald dream raise THEIR faction to 15 and do that questline

But like I said essentially you're working towards a downgrade/new way to afk
    Hmm yes that is true. But if it is a downgrade, I don't get why people are upset. If it is a downgrade, just dont use it.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oo I am pretty sure most people have this instantly. Also "unacceptable"... can't get more dramatized

Offtopic but I will /laugh at everyone slow-mo flying around xD (with a /love after )

But guess everyone has their own prefs
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Wait - so this is for regular flying mounts? Why would you even use that?

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Hmm yes that is true. But if it is a downgrade, I don't get why people are upset. If it is a downgrade, just dont use it.
    If by people you mean OP don't take him being upset as people are upset this is a guy that complains if he has to think longer than a second to do something

Ahem, the requirements to get Pathfinder are as follow. Finish the Dragonflight main storylines, Waking Hope, Ohn'a'Roll, Azure Spanner, Just Don't Ask Me to Spell It, and Embers of Neltharion. The second requirement is Explore all Dragonflight Zones, Dragon Isles Explorer, Explore Zaralek Cavern, Explore the Emerald Dream. The last requirement is reaching Renown 15 with all Dragonflight factions, Valdrakken Accord, Dragonscale Expedition, Iskaara Tuskar, Maruuk Centaur, Loamm Niffen, and Dream Wardens.

Only two of these things cannot be completed currently, the exploring the Emerald Dream and Renown 15 with the Dream Wardens. Personally, I am going to love old flying again because it will make farming so much easier. Plus landing on some of the smaller peaks with the Dragon Isle Explorer flags won't be so hard with my giant f'ing tauren. Oh and my tauren druid will once again be farming herbs like a fiend!
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I agree we essentially already fly in dragonflight and regular flight is kinda a downgrade
    i mean, its not like you will have to use it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    Great mystery. Apparently some people don't like dragonriding and prefer to take 30 min to cross the map while in afk autorun. Why not.
    which they basically can do now via flypoints, but somehow thats not good

Great mystery. Apparently some people don't like dragonriding and prefer to take 30 min to cross the map while in afk autorun. Why not.
    I mean ok.. Theres flypaths for that anyway. Cant you even personalize the mount used on those also?

If someone has max dragonflying I cant imagine any good reason not to use it.

I mean as much as I say it's a downgrade I understand the desire

Like having several hundred flying mounts and flight form being available and as a Monk I kinda like Zen Flight for fishing. There's also the precision thing a dragon riding mount gets you to point B at least 5 times faster than a regular flyer but hitting some more precise points can be a bit trickier even with normal flight and if I remember right we will be able to switch on the fly so it's not even like we have to land change to another mount and be on our way

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so looking at the achievement itself; it's questlines, explore zones and hit renown 15 with all the factions. not even max renown. might take 2 weeks for me to get it, largely depending on how much rep we can get from the new zone. Source.

as for OP's "comment" - we have flying already. we've had it since expansion launch. you don't need to do this to get around. and as for your "Content I want to do is gated behind content I don't want to do" comment - regular flying isn't content. and the content that you have to do is the initial questlines which you have to do on your first playthrough anyway.

I just hope we can dismount people with a surge even if they are using old style flight. If you haven't taken two people down at once with WM on, have you even played Dragonflight?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Ahem, the requirements to get Pathfinder are as follow. Finish the Dragonflight main storylines, Waking Hope, Ohn'a'Roll, Azure Spanner, Just Don't Ask Me to Spell It, and Embers of Neltharion. The second requirement is Explore all Dragonflight Zones, Dragon Isles Explorer, Explore Zaralek Cavern, Explore the Emerald Dream. The last requirement is reaching Renown 15 with all Dragonflight factions, Valdrakken Accord, Dragonscale Expedition, Iskaara Tuskar, Maruuk Centaur, Loamm Niffen, and Dream Wardens.

Only two of these things cannot be completed currently, the exploring the Emerald Dream and Renown 15 with the Dream Wardens. Personally, I am going to love old flying again because it will make farming so much easier. Plus landing on some of the smaller peaks with the Dragon Isle Explorer flags won't be so hard with my giant f'ing tauren. Oh and my tauren druid will once again be farming herbs like a fiend!
    Won't be hard with dragonflying either, they are buffing ariel halt to make you able to normal fly for 4 seconds on cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Why do I need to reach Renown 15 with all the factions? I hate that, it's boring and pointless...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I just hope we can dismount people with a surge even if they are using old style flight. If you haven't taken two people down at once with WM on, have you even played Dragonflight?
    I mean it technically means you can't do it to Druids and Monks anymore

Hell even better since you can mount while in Zen Flight so if you knock down a monk they just pop Zen Flight and remount on their dragon riding mount and continue flying

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Wait - so this is for regular flying mounts? Why would you even use that?
    The only situation i can think of is mining/herbing in waking shores, with all those rock pillars, those are a bit annoying to go up and down all the time with dragonriding.

Beyond that, with all the traits we have, dragonflying is downright better than regular flying, i'm just hoping they won't have us re-earn those traits next expansion, as a sort of "Pathfinder Jr."...