Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

The people asking for WoW 2

should consider that wow 2 would be made by those who made shadowlands and are in charge for the current game. Let that sink for a minute. I can't see how it could ever happen.

My thoughts too

Again. Wow 2 isn't needed. Major reason, why we hate Diablo 3 and love Wow - because Diablo 3 has been abandoned not long after it's release, while Wow has so called "endless progression" system. Pruning has already caused enough damage to Wow. Progression reset would be complete disaster. Devs should think about making NEW content. Old content should stay where it is.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

This topic is new and exciting.

Currently Blizz can't write anything well enough to bring an increase in long-term subscribers.
    All they can do is toss in shiny shit to placate a tepid playerbase that is getting weary of such.

15+ Year Old Account
    The real problem with WoW has always been that there are 3 man indie dev teams that push out more content than the whole multidollar Blizzard WoW team.

It's always too little, too late. Patches are way too infrequent with too little content.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This topic is new and exciting.
    and will definitely go places, especialy when its with such refreshing new view of blizz...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    should consider that wow 2 would be made by those who made shadowlands and are in charge for the current game. Let that sink for a minute. I can't see how it could ever happen.
    Not exactly :P Remember that SL were made without father of Warcraft which apparently came back to blizz.

My honest opinion is that they've spent too many years making decisions on a popularity contest with a customer group that doesn't have any money and they are flat out incapable of making quality games anymore.

It would be ideal if they can rehire some of the old guard that made OG WoW great, they kind of got Metzen back already. The current WoW team don’t even seem to like anything involving war… in a game called Warcraft. They are playing it way too safe to avoid any more controversies and in return the game gets bland and boring.

Aw damn it, you killed the dream!

Yeah agreed. While a fresh graphics/engine overhaul would certainly help a few things, that really is not WoW's issue. The WoW team really picked the correct graphical approach with the game to maximize longevity. I would not say the WoW world looks amazing, but it does not look terrible either.

WoW's problems actually could be fixed with design decisions imo, but as said here they are just way too far down this rabbithole now. Blizzard in general really has a design philosophy which to me is the antithesis of MMORPGS's. 2004 was an anomaly as they hired mmo experts to make the game. That is not going to happen again. WoW was a major hit out the ballpark and I just do not see them ever replicating that again. Their bread and butter really is competitive games.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It would be ideal if they can rehire some of the old guard that made OG WoW great, they kind of got Metzen back already. The current WoW team don’t even seem to like anything involving war… in a game called Warcraft. They are playing it way too safe to avoid any more controversies and in return the game gets bland and boring.
    The last three expansions all involved wars though, no idea what you're talking about.

BfA is obvious.
    SL was a war against Zovaal and his endless mawsworn forces, we had entire maw assaults about this.
    DF has a war against the primalists and it had one against the dragonkin who were straight up planning terrorist attacks against Valdrakken.

I feel like people seem to miss that a good amount of the original crew were still there for Cataclysm and for WoD. Maybe it wasn't just the people who made the game at that point, but the fact that they had 3 RTS worth of story to pull upon and wrap up and they dumped all that in the first 2 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The last three expansions all involved wars though, no idea what you're talking about.

BfA is obvious.
    SL was a war against Zovaal and his endless mawsworn forces, we had entire maw assaults about this.
    DF has a war against the primalists and it had one against the dragonkin who were straight up planning terrorist attacks against Valdrakken.

I feel like people seem to miss that a good amount of the original crew were still there for Cataclysm and for WoD. Maybe it wasn't just the people who made the game at that point, but the fact that they had 3 RTS worth of story to pull upon and wrap up and they dumped all that in the first 2 expansions.
    Cataclysm's issue was it was way too early form of wow2 in terms of skills/talents and while Deathwing could have been interesting, they kind of dropped the ball on what the expansion should be about. But there are a lot of great things in cata, Goblin and Gilneas starting areas are fantastic, the art and concept of some zones are really good, it just all doesn't congeal very well. Wod is pretty damn great too, there just wasn't 2+ years of content. I maintain a "classic" version of wod with a 1 to 1 1/2 year time frame would be one of the best wow expansions, not one of the worst.

Does anyone really still want wow 2? I want a revamp... but i don't want to loose nearly 2 decades of stuff i gathered....

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Does anyone really still want wow 2? I want a revamp... but i don't want to loose nearly 2 decades of stuff i gathered....
    Separate servers...always should be seen as an alternative.

WoW 2 wouldn't mean WoW just got deleted. We currently have classic servers, whats to say they don't just keep the retail servers going? Even keep dropping content for them? WoW 2 could mean console support, a different play style, Improved graphics and a completely new story that they could run into the ground later on.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Major reason, why we hate Diablo 3 and love Wow
    "Love WoW", says the guy whose profile name is "WoW is dead"

because Diablo 3 has been abandoned not long after it's release,
    Gained a new expansion, a new class, and still getting seasons... "abandoned soon after release".

Yeah it would be even worse than WoW 1. If they somehow got all the TBC devs together to make a WoW 2 then I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The real problem with WoW has always been that there are 3 man indie dev teams that push out more content than the whole multidollar Blizzard WoW team.

It's always too little, too late. Patches are way too infrequent with too little content.
    What MMO produces more content than wow?

Certainly not other major ones like gw2, eso, or swtor
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore