Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    ITT "I have never stepped foot in a FF14 raid, just saw vids in youtube but lemme explain y'all why they are bad". Priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameonna View Post
    You dont have this feelings every new expacs or patch? Because to be honest, if you felt it for classic and wow hc you should get it when actual new things come on retail too? Or your take is totally bias.

Yeah thats a shame, too bad that the gigachad of old that got sued for harassement would not make wow 2 i feel really sad about this......wait i dont!

- - - Updated - - -

Ghostcrawler aka Greg Street aka yet another old blizz employee that got sued for harassement and mysteriously went away from riots right during the law suit that blizz was in? Yup really good example...
    Sure I do, but its not the same. It never will be either. Thats the whole point. People that want wow 2 wants something that can never be made again, especially not within the same game (wow).

When speaking of the old devs - They were the ones who made classic. The original, base game. Alot of people like that version of wow for many reasons. The harassments were (are) horrible, but the fact remains - speaking game development and world building, the old devs hit the nail.

But sure, go ahead and derail it about something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean it isn't just that....
    If they make a Wow 2 any mystery we had back in 2004 will legit be gone in less than a week. Datamining, sites like this one and wowhead, and just the internet in general will have the game half solved before most of ya'll hit level 20. You can't really avoid it either because trying to avoid spoilers in an MMO would be impossible when half the playerbase practically expects you to of solved it already.
    Yeah, I agree. There were datamining and info available to look up back then to, but not near the scale of today. Wow 2 would be datamined to hell and back long before launch day in 2023.

I remember back when playing wow vanilla. It took a long time before thottbot was something I used regularly, and even that was a pain in the ass compared to how its now. I (and prob many others) literally booted up wow and ventured into a huge world I knew nothing about. I explored it, learned and found out stuff by playing it alone and with others. It was a shared adventure. That part can never be recreated again. Different times.

To me, WoW 2.0 means a complete change in the game itself. You're in a new beginning, with different in-zone quests, different specs, changes to races and classes, independent factions, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    For the sake of argument, let's assume you're right. Let's just assume you're right: just 'same drops, different numbers'.

You do know that Diablo III gained a full new expansion called "Reaper of Souls", right? Released two years after D3's release. So, tell me again how was Diablo III "abandoned soon after release" again?
    Never said it was abandoned after release. What happened after that expansion? Nothing pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Did you know there are new dungeons and raids every season now?

That's a real question because it often seems like very few people here play the game lol
    In Diablo?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    What does this even mean? Is this one of the boomer "addons ruined WoW" regurgitated opinions?
    I think it means you like just looking at your status on 3rd party websites and having a really stale game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You are just wrong, especially about D2 and FF14. People in the D2 community aren't unhappy about lack of content. We are unhappy about bad story, relentless microtransactions, and stale seasonal systems.
    Not true at all, I play d2 as do my friends, Nd it has been a massive complaint the lack of content, especially with the *new* content most of the time just being seasonal stuff that is not really new. Especially since most of that "new" content is just stuff on the store.

Oh also ff14 literally has a massive uproar right now in its community about "game is dying" cause how many subs it's losing from how long content is taking to come out. I'm sure it will rocket back up once their new expansion comes out, but saying ff14 does not have a content delivery problem is false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Never said it was abandoned after release. What happened after that expansion? Nothing pretty much.
    The simple fact it gained an expansion debunks the other poster's claim that Diablo III was "abandoned shortly after launch".
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Not true at all, I play d2 as do my friends, Nd it has been a massive complaint the lack of content, especially with the *new* content most of the time just being seasonal stuff that is not really new. Especially since most of that "new" content is just stuff on the store.
    Which season did not have new content? Let's be specific, since we both play the game.

Oh also ff14 literally has a massive uproar right now in its community about "game is dying" cause how many subs it's losing from how long content is taking to come out. I'm sure it will rocket back up once their new expansion comes out, but saying ff14 does not have a content delivery problem is false.
    They have a major patch every ~4 months and these patches have been jam packed during Endwalker.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

the game needs what ffxiv did so long ago, giant void meteor crashes down deletes EVERYTHING. Then watch the playerbase freakout as we all start over again.

9/13/23

WoW 2 will be classic+

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    the game needs what ffxiv did so long ago, giant void meteor crashes down deletes EVERYTHING. Then watch the playerbase freakout as we all start over again.
    "Are you okay there, bud? That Hogger guy knocked you out real bad, you were unconscious for quite a while. Hope you had nice dreams, haha! Come on, let's turn this quest in and head over to Westfall next."

5+ Year Old Account
    After reading the title of this post, I was really hoping the post would say: "F*** off." Not because I agree with that statement but because it'd be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Separate servers...always should be seen as an alternative.
    And the moment this goes live, MMO-C goes crazy with "Why does X version get Y, I want Y too".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "Are you okay there, bud? That Hogger guy knocked you out real bad, you were unconscious for quite a while. Hope you had nice dreams, haha! Come on, let's turn this quest in and head over to Westfall next."
    It could actually be not that bad... As long as Danuser isn't allowed anywhere near pen and paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Ok, maybe graphics engine was wrong choice to describe what an upgrade from WoW 1 to 2 would entail. Would you prefer if I said WoW 2 would probably be more realistic and detailed over the stylized cartoon aesthetic that WoW 1 has. And if WoW 2 doesn't change the graphics "style" from WoW 1, what would be the point of WoW 2?
    When we think about Overwatch 2, wow 2 could be the exact same game, but with worse monetarization, a 2-3 year long content hole and a pissed Community

Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Again. Wow 2 isn't needed. Major reason, why we hate Diablo 3 and love Wow - because Diablo 3 has been abandoned not long after it's release, while Wow has so called "endless progression" system. Pruning has already caused enough damage to Wow. Progression reset would be complete disaster. Devs should think about making NEW content. Old content should stay where it is.
    Wait... side tangent. I'm in total agreement with no WoW 2, but D3 was abandoned right after release?!?! Its been out for over 11 YEARS and still getting updates! What?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The simple fact it gained an expansion debunks the other poster's claim that Diablo III was "abandoned shortly after launch".
    Yet you responded to me randomly then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Yet you responded to me randomly then?
    Excuse you? You were the one who replied to me first when I replied to the other poster.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    unfathomably based

people forget that wow was about exploration and immersing yourself in the world, being just an "adventurer" not collecting 1000's of mounts and achievments

9/13/23

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    unfathomably based

people forget that wow was about exploration and immersing yourself in the world, being just an "adventurer" not collecting 1000's of mounts and achievments
    That's why HC has been such a big hit. It legitimately has brought back those feelings.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady