Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    The only thing WoW 2 would improve that couldn't be done in WoW 1 would be an updated graphics engine.
    Blizzard has their own custom C based engine for Wow. Acting like it was developed in 2003 and has never received an update is nonsense. The engine gets updated just as frequently as the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Does anyone really still want wow 2? I want a revamp... but i don't want to loose nearly 2 decades of stuff i gathered....
    I mean its gonna have to end eventually :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

WOW 2 is needed primarily because the core story and characters from the RTS that the MMO was built around are basically all used up. All they have been doing since the launch is gradually watering that story down and retconning it in various ways in new xpacs. As a result you got a game that is a frankenstein monster of quests, story lines that exist outside the current story in different zones. Then on top of that the game play of the MMO took the races of the RTS and merged them into factions for game play purposes. Because the original purpose was primarily for questing and dungeons not actual PVP, which is why there were no arenas in vanilla. So the game was never about war in the open world in a real sense because the engine couldn't support it and didn't have it.

Then on top of that, the original classes were very D&D inspired and even had things like weapon skills and CC an buffs as core elements. But people somehow didn't like that some classes were too "niche" and didn't have identity outside the specific utilities they brought. And it was funny at the time having players in those classes in PUGs not even knowing how to use their utilities correctly which were critical. So over time the classes have been revamped multiple times and now they are totally different than they originally were.

Leaving a game that is almost 20 years old with a bunch of lore that is all over the place and classes at various states of disrepair. And looking at the expansions you see how badly the lore was butchered for the sake of making expansions and things to do. TBC retconned the Eredar and Sargeras and co being pure evil and demons, which part of the bigger problem of how these expansions work. The you had WOTLK where they tried to wrap up the entire undead/scourge story line but wound up just keeping them around anyway. Because they cannot really expand the lore in a real story driven way because the world is populated with players who like their zones. But much of the problem revolves around the original story of the races in WOW, especially how human and elven society was destroyed in the past. So there aren't many towns and cultures to explore within the world except for making up new ones for an expansion such as Legion. And Legion even went further in destroying the lore of classes and abilities in universe in terms of arcane, druids and magic which was a shame. Instead of expanding on the possibilities of classes they limited them further using artifacts and weapons as a substitute for actual skills. Not to mention we as players fought against literal demi gods in the universe and then went to the realm of death itself.

So all of that to say, much of all this history of accumulated revisions to the lore and story have not left the game in a good state.
    But would WOW 2 really fix it? Would they really be able to revamp Azeroth and fix classes and abilities? Would they really fix raiding and dungeons? Would they really be able to fix the lore in terms of Azeroth the titan in the planet and the situation concerning the old gods and pantheon? Would they really fix the legion story line? Would they really fix the status of the undead/scourge given that they cant get rid of a playable race. Not really sure how WOW 2 would fix those things because it would have to use the current WOW in whatever state it is in as a starting point. It isn't like starting from the RTS as a greenfield evolution of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Not true at all, I play d2 as do my friends, Nd it has been a massive complaint the lack of content, especially with the *new* content most of the time just being seasonal stuff that is not really new. Especially since most of that "new" content is just stuff on the store.

Oh also ff14 literally has a massive uproar right now in its community about "game is dying" cause how many subs it's losing from how long content is taking to come out. I'm sure it will rocket back up once their new expansion comes out, but saying ff14 does not have a content delivery problem is false.
    Still waiting to hear what D2 season had no new content...
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    unfathomably based

people forget that wow was about exploration and immersing yourself in the world, being just an "adventurer" not collecting 1000's of mounts and achievments
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    That's why HC has been such a big hit. It legitimately has brought back those feelings.
    This. I'm having an absolute blast in HC, I thought it was going to be horrible but I can't stop playing. Not sure how long is going to last, but for the moment, I'm enjoying it like never before. The game is just so good, it's proof that you don't need to put out content all the time, just do something right and it'll be timeless.

Also, everybody is friendly and willing to socialize, make groups, and help each other. The whole "OMG people won't want to socialize anymore!" is such a lame argument, you just have to provide the need for it.
    Last edited by GabrielKnight; 2023-09-29 at 04:31 PM.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    This. I'm having an absolute blast in HC, I thought it was going to be horrible but I can't stop playing. Not sure how long is going to last, but for the moment, I'm enjoying it like never before. The game is just so good, it's proof that you don't need to put out content all the time, just do something right and it'll be timeless.

Also, everybody is friendly and willing to socialize, make groups, and help each other. The whole "OMG people won't want to socialize anymore!" is such a lame argument, you just have to provide the need for it.
    When Classic came out it had that feeling for quite awhile, but it faded due to GDKP and raid buffs damaging the social aspects, plus once the leveling experience had fewer players involved it became a big problem. HC has negated all those issues, and it's really an amazing lesson in game design that provides a stark counterpoint to how the designers approach retail. All it took was one tweak to the game rules and suddenly everything changes, as opposed to the constant over-engineered nonsense we get in retail, piling complex solutions on top of each other to solve the issues caused by the last complex solution.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Wow 2 exists, it's called "The Burning Crusade".

Christ....
    It will be called classic+

WoW 2 would be cool, but classic+ is by far the best risk they can take seeing how popular the sentiment of nostalgia for the Blizzard of old is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting to hear what D2 season had no new content...
    ??? Not no new content, too big of gaps between too little content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    WoW 2 would be cool, but classic+ is by far the best risk they can take seeing how popular the sentiment of nostalgia for the Blizzard of old is.
    I think Classic HD could have been cool. All the new models, visually improved areas, dungeons and raids and then maybe completely reworked TBC including the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think Classic HD could have been cool. All the new models, visually improved areas, dungeons and raids and then maybe completely reworked TBC including the story.
    The problem with this is people's impossible expectations.

"I want that thing I once knew, but I want it to be new and updated, but also exactly the same as it used to be, please. But brand-new, too."

No, new graphics would completely kill the vibe of classic, and many classic enjoyers hate them.
    Last edited by Khain; 2023-09-29 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    No, new graphics would completely kill the vibe of classic, and many classic enjoyers hate them.
    Fuck 'em.

All this holdout bullshit is getting too old. Yes, there are some purists who play classic because fucking 2004 textures and 100 polygon models, but there is equal if not greater amount of people sitting on the wall because they can't bring themselves to play a game that looks like literal ass in 2023.

So yes, retail+ graphics, but no retail BS systems would probably be quite a deal.

Don't be the "you think you do, but you don't" guy.

Fuck 'em.
    Yeah, fuck the players that keep that version alive. Let's create one that they don't like so it thrives with players that won't like it at all! Sounds like an actual idea from the current Blizzard team.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Yes, there are some purists who play classic because fucking 2004 textures and 100 polygon models, but there is equal if not greater amount of people sitting on the wall because they can't bring themselves to play a game that looks like literal ass in 2023.

So yes, retail+ graphics, but no retail BS systems would probably be quite a deal.
    This is where I'm at. I don't play either Retail or Classic because what I really want is a mix of the two. But it's hard to say how many people feel this way, and even if by some chance we're the majority, we surely have different opinions as to what that mix should entail.

??? Not no new content, too big of gaps between too little content.
    We get a season every 3 months. Which season are you talking about?
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    We get a season every 3 months. Which season are you talking about?
    https://gamerant.com/bungie-no-comme...iny-2-content/
    Some good example
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

This is about missing cosmetics. Let's try again.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    I don't like this take and I don't think Old content should stay where it is exaclty like it is now. Wow feels extremely bloated right now putting off new players. While I don't agree to make an entire new game form scratch.

Keeping adding new content over new content is a short term solution for an addicted playerbase, but what do you do when those people slowly quit the game?

That's why I would like for wow to get a revamp expansion and update the old world to make it fresh and less bloated but keep most dungeons, rewards and legacy achievements for people to farm.
    Shouldn't it be opposite? Aren't tons of content, accumulated for years, good thing for players? Isn't lack of content on start - major reason, why new MMOs can't launch? What you ask for - is actually deadly for this game. Blizzard don't have resources to provide lots of new content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Wait... side tangent. I'm in total agreement with no WoW 2, but D3 was abandoned right after release?!?! Its been out for over 11 YEARS and still getting updates! What?!
    What we as players expect - is endless "You buy DLC - we make new one for you using your money" support cycle. Releasing just one DLC and then nothing for 11 years - is abandoning game, yeah.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Lacking reading comprehension I see
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨