Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    bfa 2.0... yay, corruption 2.0 /sarcasm mode off

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "da mailboxes are big so the continent is actually small!"
    Jesus, some of the shit you people come up with makes flat earthers look intelligent.

Its called proportions. It's something you usually learn in 3rd grade.

And it's not the mailboxes only.

Everything is out of proportions in Dragon Isles. Zones are just..... "meh". They are built for the size. And 0 details, meaning, purpose, fantasy... nothing....
    Just random theme park.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Its called proportions. It's something you usually learn in 3rd grade.

And it's not the mailboxes only.

Everything is out of proportions in Dragon Isles. Zones are just..... "meh". They are built for the size. And 0 details, meaning, purpose, fantasy... nothing....
    Just random theme park.
    The only stuff that's larger is the dragon related structures which feels like that's kinda obvious that it would be.

Hitei straight up gave you picture comparisons to show your bush example was also off, but stuff like Loamm, Iskaara, and Maruukai are all on par with everything that came before. Hell, the Dragonscale Basecamp is probably even smaller than most daily locations.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerEelemental View Post
    This is MMO champ, a big chunk of the people here are in their bi-monthly phase of 'i hate everything about the game and noone can like it anymore cause i don't'. This is just pure addiction at work, those people don't play wow for fun, they play cause they are addicted to it to their cores.

I've worked for 15 years with people who are suffering from heroin and cocaine addiction, and the general behaviour of these people is remarkably similar, as in one period they will love anything about the drug and tell everyone how great it is, and then you get a period where they absolutely hate it and have to tell everyone how bad it is, but meanwhile they still use it.
    You'd be surprised how many other quirks and behavioral patterns are 1-on-1 the same with these people and people who are addicted to other things.
    Oh man I didn't expect to be hit with actual interesting psychology.

That being said it's really sad to see if these people are addicted, how many of them there are. I have my issues with wow, but overall for me the game is quite fun, I wouldn't play it otherwise. I do often see posts where people seem to not actually be enjoying the game but more just needing that next dopamine spike from a reward and often wonder if that's the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    As others have said, there's a lot of bitterness over the state of the game. Dragonflight is a better expansion than Shadowlands but I think the game really lost its soul after Legion. I've been playing since '04 and DF is the fastest I have ever quit an expansion. Even though I enjoyed most of what the expansion has had to offer at launch there's just something about the lore and gameplay loop that isn't doing it for me anymore. The game has been stacking systems and hamster wheels since BC and it's gotten to the point where it all feels the same even when it's new. I'll probably come back for the launch of the next expansion but I have never been less 'hyped' for new content.
    It's ok to not be into the game after playing it for a long time and getting bored, that doesn't mean the game is bad though. I think people confuse themselves being bored of the game with the game being bad a lot. The last expansion before dragonflight that I played seriously was Wrath of the Lich King, and every expansion since then has felt somewhat boring and uninteresting to me... even the widely praised legion, which I did like.. I just couldn't get excited about the raiding or dungeons for some reason... Turns out that was me. I wasn't enjoying the class I was playing, and the game had kinda gotten old for me.

So.. I stepped away for the latter half of legion, all of BFA and most of shadowlands only coming back to level my characters to keep them up to date.

In dragonflight I came back and was enjoying the classes so much that I decided to raid again and haven't looked back.
    Sure wow still has it's boring moments but overall for me the games the best it's been in years... I'm even enjoying the story..

Also about the story. What's wrong with it? I personally think we are finally going to see a multi expansion story which is something I've wanted for a long time...

Maybe you should just not be hyped at all? I'm never hyped for new content in wow, I just let it happen and say 'oh neat' when I find cool things to do. Over exposing yourself to leaks, new articles and other information about upcoming stuff is another reason you stop enjoying the game.. It's time to enjoy the game itself, stop deep diving into "systems" and "mechanics" and just... play something that feels fun and play how you want. If nothing feels good... maybe wow isn't a game you like anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

One huge question I find myself asking is... wtf do people have against islands?

I mean I'd enjoy a revamp of azeroth too but last time they did that the expansion it came from was almost universally hated.
    Admittedly it would be a lot less work this time around since they don't have to recraft the zones for flying but overall a full revamp is a ton of work.

frankly I think to do it write they would have to basically release wow 2 and do a content purge which is another universally hated idea for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Maybe you should just not be hyped at all? I'm never hyped for new content in wow, I just let it happen and say 'oh neat' when I find cool things to do. Over exposing yourself to leaks, new articles and other information about upcoming stuff is another reason you stop enjoying the game.. It's time to enjoy the game itself, stop deep diving into "systems" and "mechanics" and just... play something that feels fun and play how you want. If nothing feels good... maybe wow isn't a game you like anymore.
    This, imo, is a huge problem with the wow playerbase. The freakin data-mining spoiling everything before its even live.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Calling it right now, it's going to be dwarf centric and the beginning of the trailer will be a nod to the first person we see 20 years prior - a dwarf!

Dragonflight is the best the games been in over a literal decade.
    It amazes me that some people actually think this. I think DF is the worst expansion of all time and unsubbed faster than ever. Then again my least favorite prior to this was probably MoP and for some reason nowadays people look back on it fondly too. Further proof that I am clearly not the target audience anymore if I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It amazes me that some people actually think this. I think DF is the worst expansion of all time and unsubbed faster than ever. Then again my least favorite prior to this was probably MoP and for some reason nowadays people look back on it fondly too. Further proof that I am clearly not the target audience anymore if I ever was.
    That makes sense, as Dragonflight has the best non-instanced endgame content ever and MoP had the worst non-instanced endgame ever. MoP had the worst daily quests & rep grind ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That makes sense, as Dragonflight has the best non-instanced endgame content ever and MoP had the worst non-instanced endgame ever. MoP had the worst daily quests & rep grind ever.
    ...What? It's literally rep grind content rebranded. The best overworld content by far was in Legion, it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    ...What? It's literally rep grind content rebranded. The best overworld content by far was in Legion, it's not even close.
    IDK, I feel like open world content has been getting better over time but it depends on how fast you want to progress OVERALL. I do think the weekly progression systems WoW have are not enjoyable ever, but it's what we work with I suppose. Same crap has been there since Legion for open world.

More classes have more builds that are viable.
    Specializations aren't locking classes into one play style
    Professions are highly relevant and remain so this late in xpac
    5 man content is optional
    raid content is optional
    world content is optional
    Levelling characters is fast but still meaningful if you play them normally.

You don't feel obligated to do certain parts of the game even though you don't like them
    Story is reasonably interesting and engaging
    Raid content is accessible to all level of players if they want to do it.

If there's any flaws in the game I think it's that catch up mechanics are too easy and I'd like to see them be a little bit more challenging
    and secondly I'd like to see more ways to gain reputation outside of open world content.

I don't really see how anyone could think the game is in a poor state at the moment... frankly it's kind of mind blowing. The game is objectively in the best state it's ever been in... It feels like an RPG that I can play my way without being forced into things I hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It's all optional though... There's nothing ground breaking from maxing reps it's mostly cosmetic stuff.. Most people don't feel obligated to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    Water lake Quest?
    Eh, yeah that sounds weird now that you say it.
    The underwater quest in the lake with all the grappling poibts where you have to click the stuff that washes into it from deeper underground.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The game is objectively in the best state it's ever been in.
    I don't think you know what objectively means.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    DF isn't great but it's a vast improvement over SL and BFA.

MoP is an expansion I wish I hadn't quit before it even dropped. The story lines are actually rich and deep. The zones are absolutely beautiful. MoP was when Blizzard I think really tried to do something special but a lot of people (myself included) didn't give it the time of day (some never did, I finally did and take everything I said back) - maybe the dungeons or raid times were tough but as a whole, I think MoP was very strong. Certainly far stronger in my eyes than Cata, WoD, BFA, and SL, and also better than DF.

To put it simply though: DF actually has some fun stuff. Dragonriding alone is a lot of fun and adds a whole new dynamic. I can only hope it gets added to the rest of the game.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by BeerEelemental View Post
    This is MMO champ, a big chunk of the people here are in their bi-monthly phase of 'i hate everything about the game and noone can like it anymore cause i don't'. This is just pure addiction at work, those people don't play wow for fun, they play cause they are addicted to it to their cores.

I've worked for 15 years with people who are suffering from heroin and cocaine addiction, and the general behaviour of these people is remarkably similar, as in one period they will love anything about the drug and tell everyone how great it is, and then you get a period where they absolutely hate it and have to tell everyone how bad it is, but meanwhile they still use it.
    You'd be surprised how many other quirks and behavioral patterns are 1-on-1 the same with these people and people who are addicted to other things.
    Why do you think this is? Could it be because wow is literally designed to trigger your dopamine receptors AND get you addicted?
    Guess what else triggers your dopamine receptors... Cocaine...

So no real shocker why people get seriously addicted to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    You must be new here. Mmo champion is for the bitter vets that want to play but hate current design. This is the Mos Eisley of WoW sites.

Im also pretty disappointed and am subbed for hc classic. Looks like I'll be staying there.
    I'm actually a quite satisfied vet from 2004 :-D dragonflight is a very pleasant experience compared to shadowlands or bfa. The story could've been a little bit less generic, but gameplay wise it's top notch for me and also very alt friendly. One of the biggest improvements was the elimination of borrowed power and the associated grind. At the moment you can simply play a different character without feeling guilty and still experience progress.
    Last edited by noctim2; 2023-10-02 at 07:45 AM.

more boring " grounded" stuff because bellular and taliesin didnt like shadowlands yawn
    i mean ill still play and raid -but had fun with the shadowlands aesthetics and themes and now theyll never do it again because they were off the mark a bit and got lambasted by influencers
    think about all of the cool lore speculation with denathrius and the jailer and first ones, wont ever get that again, itl be random dwarfs and youll be fighting some earthen ones or something we already fought ages ago that dont really expand to the lore like shadowlands did just rehashed things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinglong View Post
    Guess another small island expansion. Maybe Microsoft will give WoW a bigger budget, we need that old world revamp and maybe even outland/northrend touched up or draenor finished.
    I remember people saying we needed an old world revamp back in 08/09. Cataclysm delivered on that. How did that work out, again?

Fuck the old world. Let it stay dead.
    Hi

So bfa 2.0? come the fuck on man... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    The Dragon Isles are freaking massive I don't know what you're on about.
    "Massive"....Yea right. No wonder why so many people are already tired of that massive island with nothing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yzmor View Post
    I do, I get it. It's boring, just because it's so "massive" it doesn't make you more immersed in its world & story, i can't professionally explain the reasons, I can only tell you how the game currently makes me feel personally, and DF just totally makes me disconnected both from the story and the world it takes place in (thus WoW as a whole) despite their efforts to ship the most content ever.

Loads of content and a good patch cadance do not equal good content. I mean obviously one can deliver both uninteresting and interesting content in higher quantities the same way, quantity never equals quality.

So yeah, I get you @Altmer & @Dazmalak +1 here.
    I agree with you. Is just a big map with nothing to do. Dragonflight has been one of the most boring expansions that I have ever played. They only made it big so Dragon Riding actually feels impressive, but in truth, the island is mostly empty. Nothing from the Dragon Islands actually made me impressed or interested in them. With such poor writing in the story + characters that doesn't even inspire = a big empty landmass with boring repetitive activities with poor reward.

Now, If we talk about FF14 maps, that is another story. There is so much to do in those maps and the visuals are impressive. Specially in Shadowbringers.