Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmm..."WoW economy" s'funny.
    A cesspit out of botters and boosters. More like the nightmare of an economy.

Hmm..."WoW economy" s'funny.
    Oh it is. We got websites telling how to make money and people still can't figure it out and think it's a unfiltered nightmare or something, like they didn't have an idea what economy actually is.

People need to invest in some form of "bitcoin" to find out how genuine "WoW Economy" is.

People need to invest in some form of "bitcoin" to find out how genuine "WoW Economy" is.
    WoW's economy is the polar opposite of decentralized. What are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The economy isn't part of his AO3 story so he doesn't understand
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

That the game could change or even shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    A cesspit out of botters and boosters. More like the nightmare of an economy.
    Yea, but what are we going to do?. People always tell me here, that the reason I fail to make gold is because "I don't know what to sell". Like, for fuck sake, I have been playing this game since 1.8, I know how the AH works (specially in Moonguard) and people say "Is normal for minerals, herbs and skins to be worth almost nothing". And I'm like....WTF dude, the game is designed for us to farm these mats in order to craft or sell them to other players but.....They don't want to admit that botters are killing the market for these mats and boosters are inflaiting the WoW economy with gold earned by buying gold from the Token or chinese gold sellers.

And they keep going and going that Tokens doesn't create gold and that gold comes from other players (yea right, i also believe in unicorns). Blizzard only care about sales and Tokens are also mention in those "Financial Results" for each year.

But what i'm going to do? trying to convice these guys that both the Token and Boost are part of the problem?. No thanks. Let them blame everything else (including my skills in using the AH) other than those two main factors (Token and Boost), that didn't solved the gold selling problem and the bots.

Edit: I never see this going on with ESO, where crafting mats are expensive, because it requires time from players to get them, specially furniture crafting mats and jerwelcrafting mats. FF14 also have good prices for mats that I farm with Mining and herbalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    And they keep going and going that Tokens doesn't create gold and that gold comes from other players (yea right, i also believe in unicorns). Blizzard only care about sales and Tokens are also mention in those "Financial Results" for each year.
    Tokens create gold once those tokens are used to run bots.

But what i'm going to do? trying to convice these guys that both the Token and Boost are part of the problem?
    Just counter the lies. Only botters and boosters profit from that system. Well, and Blizzard. And botters and boosters are the only ones to defend that sick perversion of gameplay.

The only ones that could fight botting and boosting successfully are blizzard.

You as a customer can stop playing their games in answer to their abnomination of money making. Beside that, simply show anyone what they really are. Critizize them on social media. Vote down their games. All that. Be not a fan of them. They deserve no fans.
    Last edited by schmonz; 2024-02-12 at 10:16 PM.

Do you seriously think that Blizzard would just shut down the economy on a whim? They know where their bread is buttered. That's not happening. The comparison to bitcoin is exceptionally confusing given how purposefully centralized WoW's economy is.

Do you seriously think that Blizzard would just shut down the economy on a whim?
    No.
    Not on a whim..
    And that would make me laugh out loud.

No.
    Not on a whim..
    And that would make me laugh out loud.
    The economy in a game with millions of subscribers isn't going to be shut down any time soon. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is held together tenuously by the collective anxiety of mutually assured destruction for all of its proponents. It's one step removed from FTX and it's only a matter of time before the floor drops out. The two still aren't comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    You as a customer can stop playing their games in answer to their abnomination of money making. Beside that, simply show anyone what they really are. Critizize them on social media. Vote down their games. All that. Be not a fan of them. They deserve no fans.
    I agree. Down vote their games in Steam is one step. Not buying expansions or paying a subs is another. Not even with gold, screw that system, I don't play to pay WoW.
    They turned this game into garbage with Dragonflight. I have no reason to play endgame content, because is really bad. Just look at that writing in DF and those aweful dungeons in DF that I hate to even play. They turned Kalec into an emo and Chromie into a stupid child.

Where is the WoW that I used to enjoy farming Saronite to craft items that would actually sell for gold + farm orbs from raids/dungeons to craft items that would actually sell. They turned professions into a more horrible grind with this new system of talents that require more grind and favor the none-life players. I have a real life and a job, i play games to have a good time, not to be a second job. I'm not going to compete with bots and WoW Tokens to get gold. They killed the economy in my servers (Moonguard and Area 52) and turned one of my favorite activities in the game into something boring and not enjoyable.

For real, they didn't solved anything with Boosts and Tokens. All the bots are now in the Dragon Isles farming ore in Moonguard unstopable. Or those druids killing adds to farm cloth. Is a freaking nightmare. No reason for me to play professions.

Economy? Do you understand, what it implies? That some players play game and others provide services to them. For example you need materials to craft gear and other things to do M+/raids. Where they come from? Some players should grind them. And grinding them is usually extremely boring process, that implies competition. So, such content should be worth playing. Material should have relatively high gold prices. Because if player can collect just 4 flowers per hour - these flowers should be worth time wasted vs other activities, like just doing dailies/WQs.

Second thing - ok, you've earned lots of gold. What can you spend it on? Free game time? Some services? Remember, that back in old times gold was almost useless. So what? You work in game just to be able to do it for free? Is such game worth playing? Don't you think, that you're just slave?

That's why devs try to beat bots. They think, that bots make such slavery ineffective and therefore not worth playing by real humans. Problem is - it's not fun no matter if bots make it ineffective or not. Whole MMO genre is about making players do, what they don't like to do.

Thing, you should understand. Genre is defined by features, players like to play, not some "canonical" ones. It's not right to say "It's MMO, so it should have economy". Game shouldn't have feature just because it should. If feature isn't fun - it should be removed.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNotSmilesTimes View Post
    I literally just spent a large chunk of this week mass mining to get the achievements and stuff and max out some characters mining with 0 issues.
    except 50 people reported you for being a bot

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    except 50 people reported you for being a bot
    huh? /10char

You people live in a fantasy reality lol

Yea, but what are we going to do?. People always tell me here, that the reason I fail to make gold is because "I don't know what to sell". Like, for fuck sake, I have been playing this game since 1.8, I know how the AH works (specially in Moonguard) and people say "Is normal for minerals, herbs and skins to be worth almost nothing". And I'm like....WTF dude, the game is designed for us to farm these mats in order to craft or sell them to other players but.....They don't want to admit that botters are killing the market for these mats and boosters are inflaiting the WoW economy with gold earned by buying gold from the Token or chinese gold sellers.
    If you knew what to gather and sell you wouldnt be here gaslighting yourself "yes yes its the bots why Im poor, not because I have absolutely no idea how to make money!"

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the WoW that I used to enjoy farming Saronite to craft items that would actually sell for gold + farm orbs from raids/dungeons to craft items that would actually sell.
    It is there.
    You just for some reason, attention if I had to guess, refuse to check what is the saronite of today.
    There was so much money to be made from just running dungeons and disenchanting the loot that didn't go on you that it made orb farms blush, but what were you doing? Complaining how there is no money to be made on forums.

As for the professions, I think you already said you want instant gratification instead of rewarding your effort put into the profession?
    If only there was an explanation why professions everyone could pick with no effort stopped making money.
    It can't be the law of supply and demand, can it?
    Nah, has to be bots.
    Last edited by Ghostile; 2024-02-14 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    If you knew what to gather and sell you wouldnt be here gaslighting yourself "yes yes its the bots why Im poor, not because I have absolutely no idea how to make money!"

- - - Updated - - -

It is there.
    You just for some reason, attention if I had to guess, refuse to check what is the saronite of today.
    There was so much money to be made from just running dungeons and disenchanting the loot that didn't go on you that it made orb farms blush, but what were you doing? Complaining how there is no money to be made on forums.

As for the professions, I think you already said you want instant gratification instead of rewarding your effort put into the profession?
    If only there was an explanation why professions everyone could pick with no effort stopped making money.
    It can't be the law of supply and demand, can it?
    Nah, has to be bots.
    It not only has to be bots, it has to be because there's a correlation between bots existing and Blizzard benefiting from them. You can provide proof after proof that botting and boosting makes up single percentage points of Blizzard's total revenue pie and these guys simply reset to factory defaults every three posts and go back to regurgitating the same fucking conspiracy over and over again. It's really quite fascinating to see how these guys are so dedicated to their self-perpetuating cycle of misery that they eventually resort to bouncing platitudes off one another to feel better about their inability to accept that the game simply moved on without them. Sunk cost fallacy is a helluva drug, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNotSmilesTimes View Post
    huh? /10char
    as in you said you had no problems when you herbed for a whole week.
    and im saying the only problem youll encounter is other people thinking you are the bot