Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Max last night said he's not worried about turning streams off because, and I quote, "Liquid pays us a fuck ton of money"
    Now that is one high quality source and proof to make assumptions about their earnings.

I have worked in wealth management in Luxemburg and I pretty much know that 100k is fuck ton to someone and someone wouldn't bother even showing up if we are talking about numbers less than 10 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Echo completely crushed Liquid once again. Overcoming the headstart and 2 perfectly timed nerfs for NA. GG ECHO.

Now it's time for Max's excuse catalog. I CAN'T WAIT!!
    Holy shit imagine being such a fucking weirdo.

On topic, congrats to Echo for a great kill, I dont always engage with the RWF but watching Fyrakk this tier was insane.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't really follow WoW streamers but I did see him on Echo's event and he was solid all around. But honestly I liked them all; they had managed chemistry and had their own little stories which made them feel like a friends' group watching the race. Which imo is what you want to achieve in such an event, the illusion that the person watching is joining in a social circle. It was a solid illusion of community.

For me the ideal way to show the race would be a mix of the two; both a caster team to fill in the time when they are going dark, do some replays and pre/after show as well as player streams with live comms. I'd mostly watch the casters and if the pull was promising I'd switch to the player streams.

imo the worst production error I saw during this weekend was at least twice (not sure on which team's stream) they switched perspective just as Blazes were going out which meant you did not see anyone actually react. And to a lesser extent I did not like how in Echo's stream they only picked the perspective of a small number of players. I could have used a few more tank and healer views. I get we'll never get melee views (or tank views during add pile up) but I felt we were mostly watching Gingi and one of the evokers.

Which also must suck for Gingi cause every time he failed a seed we got to see it
    Preach and Alex (Fatboss) used to raid together for a couple of expansions, plus most of the European members of the caster team interact a lot and attend Preachcon to the point they're pretty much all friends. Plus before his first child was born I think Preach raided with a lot of Echo members who were part of Method.

Guys I had to go sleep before work and did not saw the kills. Can someone tell me what was the time difference between Echo and Liquid kills?

When I went off Liquid had many good pulls in a row while Echo was very inconsistent. What happened? Echo got suddenly godlike pull or they got better while Liquid get worse?

So a fuck ton of Money...can we say, they get def. more than Echo? This makes it even more Pathetic to end 2nd. Swap Max with a better RL and you will win more World First. jm2c

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Guys I had to go sleep before work and did not saw the kills. Can someone tell me what was the time difference between Echo and Liquid kills?

When I went off Liquid had many good pulls in a row while Echo was very inconsistent. What happened? Echo got suddenly godlike pull or they got better while Liquid get worse?
    I think Echo's kill was around 7 hours before Liquids. If the time was right (going from UK times) it was 11:15pmish UK for Echo's kill and 6:30amish the next morning for Liquid.

And yes Echo got their godlike pull. The last phase really was only going to go down by either with a godlike pull as everything needed to be absolutely perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post

Of course they did. Only a godlike pull was going to kill this boss.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

GGs. Literally put my phone away in bed 10 minutes before it was killed, so unfortunately missed the kill. Incredible how they overcame not just the headstart, but also the 2 poorly timed hotfixes. Wasn't having much hope for this tier after smolderon went down after 50 or so pulls, but the final 2 bosses: Holy shit those are some bangers.
    Glad the better guild won this time around and can't wait for the kill video.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmug View Post
    Liquid and Max not taking this loss well lol. Banning everyone who mention the word echo,max or nick. Imagine being this cringe

- - - Updated - - -

People aren't bashing NA. They are bashing Max being a hypocrit
    Not nmearl;y as crings as Echo fanbois rushing in to his chat to gloat. Echo fanbois are just as bad as they claim Max is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's been in the code since DF beta.
    Ah, I stopped playing after Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Eh no not really. I say that confidently because it was something I was personally keeping an eye on. Yesterday, when the concurrent viewerships were at their highest, Echo was hitting 100k+ viewers (sometimes up to 130, 150k), while Max would get maybe 30-40 and Liquid another 20-30.
    Max was at 100k+ and Liquid was at 50k+ yesterday during the heated part of the race when echo was 130k+. Your numbers are way off.

https://twitchtracker.com/maximum Max 105k peak
    https://twitchtracker.com/teamliquid Liquid 62k peak
    https://twitchtracker.com/echo_esports Echo 171k peak

Echo was higher but the combined total between liquid and max is way closer than you're saying.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-11-27 at 10:38 PM.

Sadge Method struggling on this boss - the same guys literally die every p1/p2 .

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not nmearl;y as crings as Echo fanbois rushing in to his chat to gloat. Echo fanbois are just as bad as they claim Max is.
    Most of the people banned were Liquid subs saying GG Echo, or Liquid fanbois blaming Nick for a wipe he didn't even cause.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Preach and Alex (Fatboss) used to raid together for a couple of expansions, plus most of the European members of the caster team interact a lot and attend Preachcon to the point they're pretty much all friends. Plus before his first child was born I think Preach raided with a lot of Echo members who were part of Method.
    Preach has had close ties to Method for a very, very, long time. He used to raid in our guild on Al'Akir/Zenedar for a period during Cataclysm as well and the guild knew him for quite a while (I think Vanilla times even). Around cataclysm he started exploring making videos for every class on YT.
    Retired (top 20 raiding) WoW during Warlords of Draenor
    Quit (casual) WoW during Battle for Azeroth

Still interested in watching the RWF!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Max was at 100k+ and Liquid was at 50k+ yesterday during the heated part of the race when echo was 130k+. Your numbers are way off.

https://twitchtracker.com/maximum Max 105k peak
    https://twitchtracker.com/teamliquid Liquid 62k peak
    https://twitchtracker.com/echo_esports Echo 171k peak

Echo was higher but the combined total between liquid and max is way closer than you're saying.
    Gingi was streaming too. So was Kush.

Method made it to 8.41% with 427 pulls before the reset. I feel bad for them but top three is still a great result.

Skyline finally killed Tindral after 1000 pulls, just one guy left alive: https://clips.twitch.tv/FrozenPierci...czG2ZWoyTRbyL_

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Method made it to 8.41% with 427 pulls before the reset. I feel bad for them but top three is still a great result.

Skyline finally killed Tindral after 1000 pulls, just one guy left alive: https://clips.twitch.tv/FrozenPierci...czG2ZWoyTRbyL_
    Think they did v well - just lost the steam towards the end. Actually surprised they decided to extent the lock out instead of reclearing... surely 7 more mythic bosses is a fair chunk of ilvl?

They just seem to be missing that extra gear the top two have sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    Doesn't surprise me https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattcra...-funding-wave/

I think people aren't really aware of how rich TL really is, their WoW division is just a very minor investment for them. Those raiders in TL are definitely eating well. Like it or not, without TL the viewership for RWF and Echo would drop dramatically (I only watch because of close competitions, otherwise it gets boring). I remember Paragon used to be that case, they'd get the kill week(s) ahead of other guilds.
    It was a different era for world first raiding. They also did not post kill videos (usually) until more guilds killed it, they didn't want to take away their accomplishment of figuring out a new boss and finding a strategy.

And Method finally wrap up the top 3, after extending their lockout and getting the kill.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    And Method finally wrap up the top 3, after extending their lockout and getting the kill.
    Yep, happy for them. They are by far the best 3rd guild, but they are still a lot behind Echo and Liquid.

My sensation is that they are not WAY less skilled than the others (pulls number is roughly the same) but they are slower, for whatever reason.