Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    I would agree that letting any class have two additional AoE stops by choosing Drachthyr as their race would be bad for the game. All players with M+ ambitions would re-roll to Drachthyr. IF Blizz decides to let Drachthyr be other classes, they will need to convert at least one of those to being a class ability rather than racial. Maybe tail sweep is more of a martial arts move that requires training. All humans have legs, but we're not all Chuck Norris.

    "I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

  2. #102
    People just want something to complain about. You can do a bit of mental gymnastics to justify almost any posts, even simply gloating ones, since it's still relevant to the topic. And that person's opinion might add nothing, but let's be real, so are most posts on any forum. If you wanna start chastising people for not adding value with their online posts, you've got a long and thorny road ahead of you. So you know, get over it. Someone bumping a year old topic to the top ain't that bad in the grand scheme of things, and this is not even an imageboard, where old posts get sent to the void if they get pushed down low enough.

    OT I don't think Dractyr are in any way special. Eventually they will get more classes. Hell, I do believe that eventually we will have no class restrictions at all, or very few of them. And yes, gameplay will take precedent over lore, like it always did. And one race being OP is nothing new, I still remember mythic Archie, where a bunch of classes had to be goblin or gtfo.

  3. #103
    Old God Kathranis's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    10,413
    I don't mind the necro, it's good to call out posters that are frequently wrong about their assessments or predictions so that their future posts are taken with appropriate skepticism.

    As for Tail Swipe and Wing Buffet being OP, the obvious solution is to just to redesign the racials to be weaker and add an Evoker talent that improves them to their current baseline:


    Tail Swipe
    Channeled (2.5 sec cast) 1.5 min cooldown
    Lash out with your tail, knocking enemies into the air. Effectiveness increased when empowered.

    I: Knock up to 3 enemies behind you into the air. Reduce their movement speed by 30% for 1 sec.

    II: Knock all enemies in a cone behind you into the air. Reduce their movement speed by 50% for 2 sec.

    III: Knock all enemies within an 8 yd radius around you into the air. Reduce their movement speed by 70% for 4 sec.


    Wing Buffet
    Channeled (2.5 sec cast) 1.5 min cooldown
    With a powerful flap of your wings, knock away enemies in front of you. Effectiveness increased when empowered.

    I: Knock enemies back 5 yds. Reduce their movement speed by 30% for 1 sec.

    II: Knock enemies back 10 yds. Reduce their movement speed by 50% for 2 sec.

    III: Knock enemies back 15 yds. Reduce their movement speed by 70% for 4 sec.


    Permeating Chill is now baseline.


    New Talent: Honed Instincts
    Tail Swipe and Wing Buffet are now instant cast and behave as if fully empowered.


    Not only does that make them less effective and less reliable to use, it gives them the flavor of empowered abilities.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2024-06-23 at 02:13 PM.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    There is no logical justification why a priest is not able to use a sword when they know how to use daggers.
    Ahh, but as Mages can use swords, clearly arcane power is needed to wield a slightly-bigger-than-a-dagger-but-only-sometimes sword.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Why? Simple.

    Blizzard in all their..."genius" put into the Evoker class a lot of abilities that are considered to be natural for the Dracthyr, such as Hover or Tail Swipe or Wing Buffet.

    If Blizzard was to allow Dracthyr to be Warrior for example, they wouldn't be able to justify how the Dracthyr suddenly forgot how to hover or how to tail swipe, and that would be both weird as well as dumb as fuck.

    In order to allow Dracthyr to be other classes as well, Blizzard would have to first revamp the Evoker class in order to remove all these inate natural abilities that the Dracthyr have and which don't exist for other classes, and sure as hell they won't be doing that.

    So chillout with wanting to play other classes as a Dracthyr, it's not gonna happen.
    Well it is happening and if they wanted tailswioe and wing last nerfed for other classes they only need introduce a shared cooldown effect or lengthen their cooldowns and insert a talent into the evoker class that leaves it as a default.

    They could also simply transfer wing buffer and/or tail swipe to the Evoker class only but I wouldn’t recommend that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I don't mind the necro, it's good to call out posters that are frequently wrong about their assessments or predictions so that their future posts are taken with appropriate skepticism.

    As for Tail Swipe and Wing Buffet being OP, the obvious solution is to just to redesign the racials to be weaker and add an Evoker talent that improves them to their current baseline:


    Tail Swipe
    Channeled (2.5 sec cast) 1.5 min cooldown
    Lash out with your tail, knocking enemies into the air. Effectiveness increased when empowered.

    I: Knock up to 3 enemies behind you into the air. Reduce their movement speed by 30% for 1 sec.

    II: Knock all enemies in a cone behind you into the air. Reduce their movement speed by 50% for 2 sec.

    III: Knock all enemies within an 8 yd radius around you into the air. Reduce their movement speed by 70% for 4 sec.


    Wing Buffet
    Channeled (2.5 sec cast) 1.5 min cooldown
    With a powerful flap of your wings, knock away enemies in front of you. Effectiveness increased when empowered.

    I: Knock enemies back 5 yds. Reduce their movement speed by 30% for 1 sec.

    II: Knock enemies back 10 yds. Reduce their movement speed by 50% for 2 sec.

    III: Knock enemies back 15 yds. Reduce their movement speed by 70% for 4 sec.


    Permeating Chill is now baseline.


    New Talent: Honed Instincts
    Tail Swipe and Wing Buffet are now instant cast and behave as if fully empowered.


    Not only does that make them less effective and less reliable to use, it gives them the flavor of empowered abilities.
    Exactly. This would be the most likely approach

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    I would agree that letting any class have two additional AoE stops by choosing Drachthyr as their race would be bad for the game. All players with M+ ambitions would re-roll to Drachthyr. IF Blizz decides to let Drachthyr be other classes, they will need to convert at least one of those to being a class ability rather than racial. Maybe tail sweep is more of a martial arts move that requires training. All humans have legs, but we're not all Chuck Norris.
    If it came down to one or the other, I think tail sweep makes more sense to give to the other classes. The reason is because I think hover will stay evoker and deep breath will for sure. In fact, I think all of the wing stuff other than soar and glide will stay evoker, so it makes sense for wing buffet to stay evoker too. I could totally see a warrior tail sweeping, but using wings for offense would be unwieldy with 2h weapons, armor, etc. (dracthyr really need full transmog for the other classes to work too!).

  7. #107
    I reckon tail swipe and wing buffet will be changed to have a shared cooldown and evokers will get a passive that gives them separate cooldowns.

    Either spell is strong, but at a 1,5min shared cd, it's only somewhat stronger than Tauren/HMT. Especially with the announced changes to M+ in TWW where interrupting spell casts with knockup, knockback, disorients and stuns won't put the spells on cooldown by default.

    We already have a precedent of shared cooldown racial abilities in Goblins anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I don't mind the necro, it's good to call out posters that are frequently wrong about their assessments or predictions so that their future posts are taken with appropriate skepticism.

    As for Tail Swipe and Wing Buffet being OP, the obvious solution is to just to redesign the racials to be weaker and add an Evoker talent that improves them to their current baseline:


    Tail Swipe
    Channeled (2.5 sec cast) 1.5 min cooldown
    Lash out with your tail, knocking enemies into the air. Effectiveness increased when empowered.

    I: Knock up to 3 enemies behind you into the air. Reduce their movement speed by 30% for 1 sec.

    II: Knock all enemies in a cone behind you into the air. Reduce their movement speed by 50% for 2 sec.

    III: Knock all enemies within an 8 yd radius around you into the air. Reduce their movement speed by 70% for 4 sec.


    Wing Buffet
    Channeled (2.5 sec cast) 1.5 min cooldown
    With a powerful flap of your wings, knock away enemies in front of you. Effectiveness increased when empowered.

    I: Knock enemies back 5 yds. Reduce their movement speed by 30% for 1 sec.

    II: Knock enemies back 10 yds. Reduce their movement speed by 50% for 2 sec.

    III: Knock enemies back 15 yds. Reduce their movement speed by 70% for 4 sec.


    Permeating Chill is now baseline.


    New Talent: Honed Instincts
    Tail Swipe and Wing Buffet are now instant cast and behave as if fully empowered.


    Not only does that make them less effective and less reliable to use, it gives them the flavor of empowered abilities.
    I think the easiest way to fix dracthyr racials is to have them share CD. Evokers then can have talent or even baseline passive to allow them use Wing Buffet and Tail Swipe without one triggering CD for the other.

    However, dracthyr racials are not just these two. You also have Glide, which allows you to cheese certain knockback mechanics just by pressing jump key, so that alone would be highly effected on most classes.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    How long does it have to be dormant to be considered a necro?
    When it gets closed by a mod and some ppl get banned

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Why? Simple.

    Blizzard in all their..."genius" put into the Evoker class a lot of abilities that are considered to be natural for the Dracthyr, such as Hover or Tail Swipe or Wing Buffet.

    If Blizzard was to allow Dracthyr to be Warrior for example, they wouldn't be able to justify how the Dracthyr suddenly forgot how to hover or how to tail swipe, and that would be both weird as well as dumb as fuck.

    .


    ??????????????

    Are we pretending like WoW is not a fantasy world where Priests use holy power to levitate or Mages summon an avatar of a dragon's head to spew fire?

    Like I feel out of all critiques, this is a really obtuse one. If non-Dracthyr were able to become Evokers, is it really that farfetched to imagine dragon wings sprouting from the back of the player while they're hovering / when they use Wing Buffet or a phantom tail spawning and whacking away enemies for Tail Swipe ala Mage's Dragon Head spell?

    I mean come on. It's not exactly a rocket scientist thing. Multiple instances in WoW's history have utilized things like this. Warlocks had phantom demonic wings when they had the Dark Apothesis glyph and that was 12 years ago - the technology exists, lol.

    As for things like "Warrior's forgetting how to hover" there's a logical explanation for that, too. "Dracthyr that have gone down the path of warrior have gotten too buff to fly / their time wearing plate/mail has rendered their wings much weaker."

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Why? Simple.

    Blizzard in all their..."genius" put into the Evoker class a lot of abilities that are considered to be natural for the Dracthyr, such as Hover or Tail Swipe or Wing Buffet.

    If Blizzard was to allow Dracthyr to be Warrior for example, they wouldn't be able to justify how the Dracthyr suddenly forgot how to hover or how to tail swipe, and that would be both weird as well as dumb as fuck.

    In order to allow Dracthyr to be other classes as well, Blizzard would have to first revamp the Evoker class in order to remove all these inate natural abilities that the Dracthyr have and which don't exist for other classes, and sure as hell they won't be doing that.

    So chillout with wanting to play other classes as a Dracthyr, it's not gonna happen.
    You’re an idiot, they have already said they are gonna allow them to play other classes. Waste of time to read this pointless dribble. And you’re banned, so it’s whatever at this point.

  12. #112
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondule View Post
    You’re an idiot, they have already said they are gonna allow them to play other classes. Waste of time to read this pointless dribble. And you’re banned, so it’s whatever at this point.
    You are responding something almost a year old dude, calm down

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •