Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Damn you can do all that in dragonflight! Amazing!
    No, you can't. Since MOP they removed daily quests because people used to hate them and changed them to another featured called "World Quests".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    And which of these don’t exist in dragonflight, if you choose to engage in them? They literally allow exist plus a ton more.
    Daily Quests. They are no longer the way the used to be since MOP

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    No, you can't. Since MOP they removed daily quests because people used to hate them and changed them to another featured called "World Quests".
    There are literally daily quests in dragonflight that aren't even world quests. Even if you wanted to use that lame cop out, it's still wrong. Literally showing you have 0 clue what you're talking about.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    No, you can't. Since MOP they removed daily quests because people used to hate them and changed them to another featured called "World Quests".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Daily Quests. They are no longer the way the used to be since MOP
    Would a rose, by any other name, smell as sweet? World Quests are Daily quests. Daily quests are world quests. The only differences are how you pick them up and that you don't have to turn them in when you complete them. That and there is far greater variety in world quests than there ever was in daily quests.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There are literally daily quests in dragonflight that aren't even world quests. Even if you wanted to use that lame cop out, it's still wrong. Literally showing you have 0 clue what you're talking about.
    Also this ^^^

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    1.Gathering
    2.Leveing
    3.Reputation
    4.Long quest chains
    5.Daily quests
    6.Traveling to the entrance of Dungeons/Raids
    7.World PvP
    1. You can gather in Dragonflight and even expand your skills/acquire gathering gear, vastly more in-depth system compared to Classic gathering
    2. Every version of WoW has leveling... are we forgetting Classic has a rampant boosting problem? (wtb sm/mara/zg/mana labs etc boost)
    3. Dragonflight has reputations too... including several expansions worth of old reps to go and farm. Meanwhile in WOTLK you 4 of the reps you equip a tabard and do mindless heroic spamming, one rep is exclusive to raiding, sons of hodir you buy relics for like 100g and get exalted within minutes.
    4. Dragonflight has some of the best written side quests in the game; blue dragon aspect questline, Old Hatreds, Ysera, etc. The main story is pretty poor but the side questlines are some of the best questlines ever written.
    5. See your quote below, how the hell is doing dailies any different than doing world quests in Dragonflight? I can't tell if you're serious when you say that enemies dying in seconds is an issue for retail when they die at the same speed if not faster in WOTLK. If you think doing dailies is fun world content, you might have a mental disability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    Fly from point A to point B in 800% flying speed and whipe an enemy in seconds for a World Quest and not finding a partner to do those Elite World Quests in Zaralek + Dragon Isles, is not even remotely close to the difficuly in Classic.
    6. Traveling to entrances is considered world content? lol? For the record, you have to travel to mythic + instances and raids in Dragonflight too. Once again, another sign you've never actually played Retail beyond doing the main quests.
    7. Once again, you've clearly never turned on War Mode in Dragonflight. There is so much of it in the new zone.

    Meanwhile in Dragonflight, there are several world events which are constantly packed since 10.2 release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    No, you can't. Since MOP they removed daily quests because people used to hate them and changed them to another featured called "World Quests".

    - - - Updated - - -



    Daily Quests. They are no longer the way the used to be since MOP
    Dude, have you even played Dragonflight? Yes, there are blue ! in Dragonflight. Even if there weren't, Daily Quests are the lowest quality content.
    Last edited by Shuttle; 2023-11-14 at 03:47 AM.
    Shuttle of Illidan

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    6. Traveling to entrances is considered world content? lol? For the record, you have to travel to mythic + instances and raids in Dragonflight too. Once again, another sign you've never actually played Retail beyond doing the main quests.
    7. Once again, you've clearly never turned on War Mode in Dragonflight. There is so much of it in the new zone.
    I tried leveling through DF with warmode on and had to turn it off, I was getting ganked so much. I attempted to do a PVP world quest with my HC/Mythic raid geared DH and got WRECKED until I finally gave up. To find that much pvp in wrath, I had to be in a battleground or Wintergrasp, even on a pvp server.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    You're completely delusional. Can you even name five activities you can do in WOTLK open world?
    No dude. The drama here is the fact that you guys don't want to admit that WoW Dragonflight is bad. It have a terrible score in User Reviews. People left DF like they did in Shadowlands and you are trying to find a weak point in all of this since 6 pages ago.

    You guys don't want to admit that WoW became a game of sit in SW/Orgrimmar day and night waiting for the next queue to pop up for M+ and LFR. The World is dead as content and you guys are not going to make me think any different the moment i go to each of the zones in DF to try to complete the content with no people around to do it. There is no one doing those World Quests, Rares and Elite Quests. There have been pages and pages about the same thing over and over again.

    I proposed that maybe the solution would be making TW World Quests and zones for an entire expansion, to make the world be relevant again, including the past expansions. There are no people in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor in retail. There are no plays around the world because there is no reason to do so. Just sit in the city and wait for the dungeon. OP main post is about it.

    You guys are completely delusional by thinking that DF is the best thing that ever happened for WoW. Is actually why this thread was created by someone else and people are sharing their opinions about it (mostly negative).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I tried leveling through DF with warmode on and had to turn it off, I was getting ganked so much. I attempted to do a PVP world quest with my HC/Mythic raid geared DH and got WRECKED until I finally gave up. To find that much pvp in wrath, I had to be in a battleground or Wintergrasp, even on a pvp server.
    I hated playing WOTLK in a PvP server back when i was a new horde character. I had to move my first character to Area 52 and from there...i never returned to those PvP servers. Back then was getting ganked by an Undead Rogue or Gnome.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    You guys don't want to admit that WoW became a game of sit in SW/Orgrimmar day and night waiting for the next queue to pop up for M+ and LFR. The World is dead as content and you guys are not going to make me think any different the moment i go to each of the zones in DF to try to complete the content with no people around to do it. There is no one doing those World Quests, Rares and Elite Quests. There have been pages and pages about the same thing over and over again.
    I think you're just terrible at WoW which is why you need to play the easiest version of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    Is actually why this thread was created by someone else and people are sharing their opinions about it (mostly negative).
    PS, the original poster has posted that he has changed his mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viratan View Post
    They are abandoned because they are previous expansions we already played. Of course Blizzard doesn't keep previous expansion content relevantt, with some exceptions like timewalking and transmog. This has been their design since BC. As soon as BC came out, classic became irrelevant (for the most part). As soon as WOTLK came out, BC became irrelevant. In fact, we didn't even have transmog until Cata, so there was no reason to farm old world content in WOTLK, BC, etc.

    What you are talking about making past expansion content relevant is not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is making the current expansion's open world content more relevant. And after reading the replies in this thread, I think it may be more relevant than I initially gave credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viratan View Post
    I think you are right. I'm getting back into Dragonflight and I see it actually has a lot of content in the open world, especially crafting heroic level gear!
    Last edited by Shuttle; 2023-11-14 at 03:55 AM.
    Shuttle of Illidan

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    snip
    No dude, i'm not going to continue with this. You are trying so hard to win an argument of "But DF have this...and that...and back then we used to also have that...". No dude, back then that content was relevant. Today, i could fully skip it, still get OP gear with M+ and Raids and forget about the world content. Call it Quests, Daily Quests, World Quests....what ever.
    Back in WOTLK, you NEED to do content outside of the world to get at least 187 item level for several sources, including dungeons, reputations, pvp, etc. I know that, because I played that game. I still remember the item levle of the items, because back then i farmed them. I know the price to get up to item level 200 by crafting item level 187 armor or farm for it. Or using Titansteel to do it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I think you're just terrible at WoW which is why you need to play the easiest version of it.
    Easiest version of it is called: Dragonflight.
    Don't tell me you need skill to have higher item level, because that is a lie. M+ is easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    PS, the original poster has posted that he has changed his mind.
    And everyone else don't. Including me.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    People left DF like they did in Shadowlands
    False, dragonflight player retention is the highest of any xpac ever unless you want to claim they are lying to their investors in their quarterly reports lol...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    M+ is easy.
    Link your IO, if you actually want this comment to be taken serious.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    No dude, i'm not going to continue with this. You are trying so hard to win an argument of "But DF have this...and that...and back then we used to also have that...". No dude, back then that content was relevant. Today, i could fully skip it, still get OP gear with M+ and Raids and forget about the world content. Call it Quests, Daily Quests, World Quests....what ever.
    Back in WOTLK, you NEED to do content outside of the world to get at least 187 item level for several sources, including dungeons, reputations, pvp, etc. I know that, because I played that game. I still remember the item levle of the items, because back then i farmed them. I know the price to get up to item level 200 by crafting item level 187 armor or farm for it. Or using Titansteel to do it.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Easiest version of it is called: Dragonflight.
    Don't tell me you need skill to have higher item level, because that is a lie. M+ is easy.


    And everyone else don't. Including me.
    Please continue to stay inside playing Classic; do not vote, do not have children, do not operate a motor vehicle.

    Blizzard is doing a great justice to society by keeping you indoors playing.
    Shuttle of Illidan

  11. #251
    Seems like OP should just go play classic wow, since they cherish it so much. I've had my fill of classic and everything in-between it and retail. They made it to cater to the nostalgic players that prefer to live in the past. As for me, I cannot be bothered to go back and do what I've already experienced...because I've already experienced it. Which is why I'm always looking forward to the next big thing in future expansions.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    False, dragonflight player retention is the highest of any xpac ever unless you want to claim they are lying to their investors in their quarterly reports lol....
    You have the suscriptions numbers?. I don't think you have.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Link your IO, if you actually want this comment to be taken serious.
    Nop. Simple as that.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    No dude. The drama here is the fact that you guys don't want to admit that WoW Dragonflight is bad. It have a terrible score in User Reviews. People left DF like they did in Shadowlands and you are trying to find a weak point in all of this since 6 pages ago.

    You guys don't want to admit that WoW became a game of sit in SW/Orgrimmar day and night waiting for the next queue to pop up for M+ and LFR. The World is dead as content and you guys are not going to make me think any different the moment i go to each of the zones in DF to try to complete the content with no people around to do it. There is no one doing those World Quests, Rares and Elite Quests. There have been pages and pages about the same thing over and over again.

    I proposed that maybe the solution would be making TW World Quests and zones for an entire expansion, to make the world be relevant again, including the past expansions. There are no people in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor in retail. There are no plays around the world because there is no reason to do so. Just sit in the city and wait for the dungeon. OP main post is about it.

    You guys are completely delusional by thinking that DF is the best thing that ever happened for WoW. Is actually why this thread was created by someone else and people are sharing their opinions about it (mostly negative).

    - - - Updated - - -

    I hated playing WOTLK in a PvP server back when i was a new horde character. I had to move my first character to Area 52 and from there...i never returned to those PvP servers. Back then was getting ganked by an Undead Rogue or Gnome.
    maybe, and I'm just throwing this out there, we don't admit that "You guys don't want to admit that WoW became a game of sit in SW/Orgrimmar day and night waiting for the next queue to pop up for M+ and LFR. The World is dead as content and you guys are not going to make me think any different the moment i go to each of the zones in DF to try to complete the content with no people around to do it. There is no one doing those World Quests, Rares and Elite Quests." because THAT IS NOT OUR EXPERIENCE. I see players every time I go out into DF, regardless of zone or world-event. Every single time, and I play some weird hours, where you would expect the overall population to be lower.

    I don't know if it's because you're on a RP server, or if you're just not noticing people as much, or if you're flat out making crap up. I don't know, but your experience is not the same as my experience, when it comes to Dragonflight. Your proposed solutions would do virtually nothing to help the problem you've described and would mostly make the problem worse by spreading the playerbase out over more zones and expansions.

    You can keep telling me your experience all day long, and I'll believe you, but you go further than that and tell us that we're wrong about our experiences, which is condescending, at the very mildest. No one has said DF is the best thing that ever happened to WoW, literally no one in this thread that I have read has said that; I haven't even seen anyone saying it's the best expansion, in this thread, though it's possible I missed that. Some of us have said that it's a step in the right direction or that certain aspects are as good or better than they have ever been, but that's not the same thing as saying DF is the best thing that ever happened to the game. This is, once again, a straw man argument.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    Please continue to stay inside playing Classic; do not vote, do not have children, do not operate a motor vehicle.

    Blizzard is doing a great justice to society by keeping you indoors playing.
    Is this related to this thread or just attacking me personally because you can't defend your point?

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    You have the suscriptions numbers?. I don't think you have.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Nop. Simple as that.
    Holy shit, now YOU'RE asking for actual numbers, but you don't acknowledge that your entire argument consists of numbers that you pulled out of thin air or numbers that don't mean what you say they mean? You're a hypocrite and I'm done. Have a nice life.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    You have the suscriptions numbers?. I don't think you have.
    Do you not understand what retention means?

    Do you not understand what blizzard means by saying it has the highest retention?

    It means players didn't "leave like SL" which you claimed.

    It has nothing to do with subscriber numbers, now you're just trying to shift goal posts once again after being caught lying once again.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Seems like OP should just go play classic wow, since they cherish it so much. I've had my fill of classic and everything in-between it and retail. They made it to cater to the nostalgic players that prefer to live in the past. As for me, I cannot be bothered to go back and do what I've already experienced...because I've already experienced it. Which is why I'm always looking forward to the next big thing in future expansions.
    OP seems to have read the feedback in the thread and then gone back to the game and realized there's a LOT more going on in the open-world than they had originally thought.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Seems like OP should just go play classic wow, since they cherish it so much. I've had my fill of classic and everything in-between it and retail. They made it to cater to the nostalgic players that prefer to live in the past. As for me, I cannot be bothered to go back and do what I've already experienced...because I've already experienced it. Which is why I'm always looking forward to the next big thing in future expansions.
    I used to think like that, but sadly, I'm not sure where WoW is going if Dragonflight content is their model to create The World Soul Saga. I want to believe they are going to make something great but....idk. BFA, Shadowlands and DF makes me distrust that they will actually be able to create an awesome expansion, specially when they announced that they are going to give "Earthen" Dwarves to the Horde.

    And about Classic. Is not that bad. Is fun for someone like me, that played classic so many years ago. But once i get tired of it, i will never return to it.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    No dude. The drama here is the fact that you guys don't want to admit that WoW Dragonflight is bad.
    Current ratings based on googling "wow dragonflight reviews"
    7/10IGN
    84%OpenCritic
    9/10GameSpot
    Audience summary rating 3.9/5

    Now i always take reviews like this with a grain of salt and prefer to make my own decisions on whether an expac is good. Because in my circles, my wow guild(a guild that used to have a raiding FF14 freecompany) everyone likes wow more then ff14. I think people have personal beliefs and even though games share the genre of mmo they are very different and attract different audiences. People that like 1 may or may not like the other. Using dejectors of 1 is hardly any type of evidence that the other is "good or bad".

    I havent been in org for more then 2minutes at a time over the last 5 months. I log in and I go do something. Funny enough when i log in my wotlk char I go grab dailies in dalaran and q for a random to get my emblems. Then after the 5man(if i still need it) I sit in dalaran some more looking for either a weekly raid group(for more emblems) or a VoA (for tier/emblems). I have no desire or need to go out and do dailies. But on retail, I've been living in the new zone for hours a day getting everything done on my main or alts. Getting the new rep(not just through dailies or instanced content like older versions of the game).

    You can not like DF I have my complaints about it too. But spouting all this garbage like that DF is somehow objectively bad is just a bad take. Hold your L and log off for the night.

    Edit: wanting things like all old content to be relevant is nonsense talk. Balancing drops and consumes is just obnoxious unless you expect allt he consumes to just become the same thing with different mats. Because if they weren't 1 would be best and essentially make it the only choice.(obviously on a spec to spec basis) and could you imagine needing to split up and farm all the old raids for a bunch of niche trinkets. Boy o boy cant wait to do gruul again because some one needs the updated DST every patch. Yippee
    Last edited by Elbob; 2023-11-14 at 04:09 AM.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    Nop. Simple as that.
    Well I figured it out for myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    waiting for the next queue to pop up for M+
    Your IO is 0, has always been 0 and you have never sit foot in a M+ since you think you wait on a que to pop for it. Thanks for the lulz.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •