Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Are we able to get the legendary questline thing now?
    It's not really confirmed how it will work. If it is like Naz'suro then yes, it should be possible as personal loot from Fyrakk from any difficulty starting next week. But until we get a blue post (likely after the first few drops next week) it will not be clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Maybe its me, but Fyrakk felt like a let down. No mythic phase and final phase just copied from Holandrus? It seems that its true that the extra patch was scrapped, as final patches always have a mythic only phase.
    The fight was so damn complex that an extra mythic phase would just be mean. Not that it has stopped them before but it would definitely push the raid to a third reset.

This was insanely good raid. Liquid and Echo doing sub 2% pulls, constant barrage of p3 pushes. Probably the best final boss race ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    At this point they should just do the RWF on the PTR, inviting only the 3-5 top guilds who play it professionally, and then they can balance it "normally" at release for the rest of the players.

The only problem would be spoilers, but heh, does anyone really care
    Id imagine people would still consider the live kills the real ones and follow whoever was racing for those and nothing would have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    Of course the only way Echo can win is if Blizz patches the boss for them cuz it's they find it too hard. Did it for Raszageth and now for Fyrakk. We saw what happens when they don't have Blizz rigging the fight cough Sarkareth cough.

"Gz" Echo I guess.
    Bro makes shit up and gets mad at his made up bullshit.

Of course the only way Echo can win is if Blizz patches the boss for them cuz it's they find it too hard. Did it for Raszageth and now for Fyrakk. We saw what happens when they don't have Blizz rigging the fight cough Sarkareth cough.

"Gz" Echo I guess.
    Hahahahaha, are you mad that your team didn't win?

You are just embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    This was insanely good raid. Liquid and Echo doing sub 2% pulls, constant barrage of p3 pushes. Probably the best final boss race ever
    Easily the best race since streaming has started.

"Gz" Echo I guess.
    I think you are talking outside of your mind since the last hotfix on Fyrakk was the 4% nerf literally applied 3hours before Echos usual raiding schedule for this day ended - just when liquid got started raiding that day which forced Echo to pull up their 20hrs raid day two days ago.
    If anything the nerf came in favor of NA yet Echo managed to pull this off despite their insanely long raid day fearing that liquid might get a kill with the nerf whilst them sleeping AND despite head start.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Bro makes shit up and gets mad at his made up bullshit.
    Honestly just sick and tired of "Liquid"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    The raid is already balanced as the tough challenge it's meant to be, but it is done around the raid having pretty much BiS gear, not one-week farm gear, which is why only a few elite players can clear it in just 10 days out of the 6-7 months that a major patch normally lasts.

The nerfs that usually come later are only meant to help bad players to get some progress too, lest they get frustrated and quit. Too many guilds die because people have this weird mindset that they should be able to clear mythic difficulty when they're clearly not good enough for it, even after the nerfs. Mythic has always been a difficulty for great players who find enjoyment in tough challenges, not for self-entitled average joes with delusions of grandeur who need to kill some WoW bosses to feel good about themselves as if that gave some significance to their lives.
    Echo was only 9ilvl behind top Ilvl this tier. 480 avg will take a long time for even good mythic guild. 489 avg will take months for most guild that don't do splits.

both Tindral and Fyrakk are mechanicaly overturned for every guild outside of top 20ish. I would not be surprised to see first set of nerf in less than a month.

RWF is cool and all but the fact that people expect the raid to be well tuned for 3 guild who did 30+ splits in the fist two week is not healthy for the rest of the player base and that just a fact

Field Marshal
    Does the guild win anything besides the glory?

Quote Originally Posted by Claeske View Post
    I'd imagine there's some sponsor stuff the winner benefits from but that's between the runners and their sponsons.
    Blizzard doesn't give them anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    RWF is cool and all but the fact that people expect the raid to be well tuned for 3 guild who did 30+ splits in the fist two week is not healthy for the rest of the player base and that just a fact
    Unfortunately that is the case for many things in WoW. In order to cater to, or avoid exploitation by a tiny percentage, the entire game has to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You act like these bosses don't get mountains of nerfs after the race is done. The boss that most people kill is usually only half as strong as the boss they kill, -and- you're also much more geared by then as well.
    More geared? I think not. The amount of resources they pour into this doesn't compare with what regular players do. WF being done in blue gear is a myth, they're all full 4-set and around 479-482 with one off at 475. And with special Shadowflame weapons from Fyrakk - which you might not even get because you don't get through several chars and several splits to optimize your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Claeske View Post
    The notoriety alone lands them a lot of viewership which translates in $$$, sponsorship from different firms usually related to gaming/esports and streaming contracts with different platforms. Liquid for example used to be Limit, but the esports organization "bought" them and pays them just to play under their name.

If what you're asking is if there's a prize pool from Blizzard, there is not - that's also why the competition isn't even completely fair (different reset/patch releases, arbitrary boss nerf timings, etc), but rest assured, the organizations and their players get very good payout out of the whole ordeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    why almost all of them are dwarves btw ? i'm sure it's for the racial but is there some sort of bleed in the fight ? sorry if mentioned before but just curious.

also, did it count as a horde kill ? if yes, why ? it sure looks like an alliance kill from where i stand.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by hzjf View Post
    if that racist max guy werent a part of liquid you might be able to cheer for them
    uh thats WHY i cheer for them XD

Quote Originally Posted by hzjf View Post
    if that racist max guy werent a part of liquid you might be able to cheer for them
    I cannot stand that max guy. He is a racist bastard. Now I know why I hate Liquid

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Because we don't all play the strict comps of world first guilds?
    The game you see on that video is not the same game we play. These bosses will get giga nerfed and class balance patches will go out.
    The best part of the RWF is when it's over and the game isn't held to ransom anymore and we can have balance patches again.
    It is tho, every raid and guild i have seen or been in... is like that. They just refuse to invite them, its pretty funny. Like in the Vanilla days. Who would get ret pala over a mage or a healing pala? Barely anyone, ive seen many people have real life fights over this. Just trying to get a spot into a raid of 40. The game is still the same, more or less. Hek, even in keys... people take other classes over them too. Also, dragonlands does have a balancing problem for other classes too. Its almost as bad as the old days of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    This makes me wonder, do any raiding guilds (like ever lol) take any ret paladins for dps? I cant remember even 1 time that happened. Same goes for in game. Serious guilds never have free spots for them, just when its alt gearing time they get a spot lol. Its pretty funny how everyone wants new classes every expansion, but we got whole dps class that is barely usable (outside of fans and for fun) Actually, there are quite a few specs that seem to be underperforming in raids or mythics. I didnt notice that in Shadowlands or BFA, it seems more of a Dragonlands kind of thing.

P.s. Gz btw, i just watched the video!
    Would only happen if Holy or Prot are really terrible, since you need exactly 2 paladins.

Note only one druid for mark, one mage for intellect etc.

I don't particularly like raid buffs but they are working as intended in that sense.
    “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” -Eric Hoffer