Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Better they do weekly damage tunings to push specs into better states as the weeks go on vs huge buffs or nerfs that may overdo it for long periods of time.
    No (my spec) which is in the worst state any spec has ever been in in this game needs at least a 30% damage buff right now, all other specs need to be nerfed by at least 50% and then we're close to being balanced. Knee jerk reactions always lead to success.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's almost never how it works in M+, but it's the opposite way round: you pick the sickest pumpers and then craft your strategy around whatever utility you have available.

    It's how people misunderstood Shroud on Rogues for a long time - they thought Rogue would always be meta in M+ because Shroud always allows skips, but the reality is that Rogue was taken for its performance, and Shroud was simply something that you also had at your disposal and made use of.

    There's a few exceptions here and there especially for things like MDI which have specific demands, but by and large, M+ is first and foremost about performance.
    explain s2 you always had a priest for mass dispell/ pi you always had a augmentation for the buffs to other players which again are UTILITY

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Nothing on rogues or beast mater huh? Nahh they're fine
    dont think your safe yet wait till the 5th

  3. #23
    Destruction Warrior? Sounds cool! Lemme roll one!

    jokes aside, that's hardly a class balance pass, waiting for some real tuning. DH aoe burst, BM, rogue, all need a serious swing o' nerf bat. WW monk, feral, devastation evoker, spriest need a buff. Aug needs massive bugfix, the spec is a mess right now. Would rather see aug removed or reworked completely tbh, but we all know it's not going to happen, not until a major expansion in a distant future. Still rooting for aug to become the first mail armor TANK. Hell, make it intellect-based tank and keep some aug group buffs, that'd be fun, and it won't be trying to break core WoW gameplay as the actual aug does rn, impossible to balance.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i disagree since s2s m+ comp was meta due to its utility after augvoker and spriest dmg got hammer like 3 times that season.

    ok heres a question i just saw a blue post on wow head saying more buffs and nerfs are coming on the 5th.

    which classes do u think should be nerfed and which should ge nerfed? and why?

    Source

    Assa nerf in raids and Havoc in M+ are easy choices. Then you can start thinking about bringing other classes up to specs which are not outliers.

    SP was also doing mad dmg in S2.5 and after the nerfs they would have been swapped out by holy/disc but holy pala was doing much better performance which is the main reason to keep it. Same with guardian, any other tank could replace them, but druid was so much tankier that it didn't matter. Yes, good utility makes strong classes even more desirable, but it's not a deal breaker. Augs have insane utility because they literally are THE SUPPORT spec, which makes them unique and quite frankly, irrelevant in this discussion. Lets see how this plays out now - currently it's still good for very organized environments, but few more nerfs and no amount of utility will outweigh them being a liability. In fact in most keys at them moment getting a augmentation is just flat downgrade unless you get really good evoker and rest of your team is performing excellently which will only be 0.1% players. Players who went up by 300-500 points by playing evoker while they could never get there with their main will have a reality check this season and it will be fun to watch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not or Aug wouldn't still be meta in high keys, it's no longer the optimal dps setup.
    It's kinda disingenuous to only focus on a outlier - unique support spec which was designed with only that in mind. Any other spec in the game wouldn't stand a chance and you know it.

    It still is viable with organized groups tho and it also buffs classes which are absolutely broken right now, nerf those classes and evo value will go down even more.
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2023-11-28 at 09:54 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Players who went up by 300-500 points by playing evoker while they could never get there with their main will have a reality check this season and it will be fun to watch.
    Augmentation Evoker is a great solution for the "friends" that could not keep up with performance with the normal roles to be played with in more difficult content.

    Blizzard overtuned it just way to far. The utility (ONLY) spec needs a hard ceiling, it never made any sense that the aug-composition in M+ outscaled competitive tripple DPS setups in everything.

    META choices are post nerfs allways a shitshow in M+. The 0.5% can make it work, because some players are just very good mechanically and in competitive settings. The vast majority of META class hoppers will have a harsh reality check and getting stuck with >500 R.IO rating above their own ability and experience.

    Not the first time that META rerollers are stuck with what ever they reached during the broken 2-3 weeks of a season. Luckily most give up and you can filter them out after a few weeks of the season in your PUG keys, since they wont time or even play a lot of keys, because "out of a sudden" M+ is no longer fun for them.

    => on the long run during the M+ season, this goes away by its own, you just have to wait a few weeks and check keys done during a season
    -

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Always in favor of buffs instead of nerfs problem is blizz is completely incapable of buffing properly. If you look at SP for example they're like 20% behind on ST so wtf is a 5% buff gonna do? And when you get to M+ balance is even worse.
    It's almost like every shadow priest told blizzard that psychic link is a bad idea. Writing was on the wall in 10.0.5 that shadow will never be good on single target as long as they rely on psychic link to do aoe.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Assa nerf in raids and Havoc in M+ are easy choices. Then you can start thinking about bringing other classes up to specs which are not outliers.

    SP was also doing mad dmg in S2.5 and after the nerfs they would have been swapped out by holy/disc but holy pala was doing much better performance which is the main reason to keep it. Same with guardian, any other tank could replace them, but druid was so much tankier that it didn't matter. Yes, good utility makes strong classes even more desirable, but it's not a deal breaker. Augs have insane utility because they literally are THE SUPPORT spec, which makes them unique and quite frankly, irrelevant in this discussion. Lets see how this plays out now - currently it's still good for very organized environments, but few more nerfs and no amount of utility will outweigh them being a liability. In fact in most keys at them moment getting a augmentation is just flat downgrade unless you get really good evoker and rest of your team is performing excellently which will only be 0.1% players. Players who went up by 300-500 points by playing evoker while they could never get there with their main will have a reality check this season and it will be fun to watch.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's kinda disingenuous to only focus on a outlier - unique support spec which was designed with only that in mind. Any other spec in the game wouldn't stand a chance and you know it.

    It still is viable with organized groups tho and it also buffs classes which are absolutely broken right now, nerf those classes and evo value will go down even more.
    I actually think dh and assassin rogues are gonna be hurting and I hope they hold off on nerfs.

    All the data we have now doesn't take into account that every other melee dps is getting a leggo with a 3 million 2min aoe cds cleave and an absurdly powerful stacking dmg buff.

    The fact that the melee classes that are outliners currently are those who can't equip it makes me hopeful blizzard is accounting for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •