15+ Year Old Account

Best source of flightstone farming?

What is the best and most efficient way to farm flighstones? The 45 or so you get per keystone is pretty awful, and I don't consider that to be a good farming method. I am aware the raid drops flightstones - that can't be farmed. I'm talking about a repeatable way to farm flighstones, other than keystones.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Do your rep weeklies, world bosses and storyline quests, Superbloom and the Timeways events give them too, every hour they're both up. I wanna say the flowers in the Emerald Dream give some too, but I don't feel like logging in to check.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    What is the best and most efficient way to farm flighstones? The 45 or so you get per keystone is pretty awful, and I don't consider that to be a good farming method. I am aware the raid drops flightstones - that can't be farmed. I'm talking about a repeatable way to farm flighstones, other than keystones.
    I know you said the keystones aren't great for it, but if you're decently geared, joining +2 pugs where you can absolutely blast the dungeon, you'll get 45 + 25bonus for bumping someones rating, and I think that's the fastest actually farmable method.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Aside from doing your world quest chores every three and a half days (only worth doing if you haven't finish grinding your reputations yet), and aside from the weekly superbloom (if you haven't already outgeared the 460 ilevel gear you get from the weekly quest), then really it's just doing lots and lots of keys.

IIRC rated PvP might give flightstones and/or crests now, but I haven't done it this season. But if you need flightstones to upgrade gear then you're probably a PvEr who would get better gear from mythic+ anyway, and you have a chance at getting crests and gear from that so you mind as well be doing that instead.

If you're flightstone starved instead of crest starved you planned your upgrades poorly, and keys are pretty generous on the flightstones they give as long as you make sure someone is getting rating from the run. Generally you get enough flightstones to upgrade for the amount of crests you get so if you're flightstone starved you should stop sending upgrades on items you can replace same week.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you're flightstone starved instead of crest starved you planned your upgrades poorly, and keys are pretty generous on the flightstones they give as long as you make sure someone is getting rating from the run. Generally you get enough flightstones to upgrade for the amount of crests you get so if you're flightstone starved you should stop sending upgrades on items you can replace same week.
    Yes and no. Actually we should have an option to exchange some crests into stones. Especially when crests are season capped. Im starving for stones and have a lot of crests i didnt need at this stage...

I've been told but not verified myself, that the best value of flightstones gained vs time was doing the HC version of the mega dungeon.

Take it with a grain of slat since it is hearsay, maybe someone can attest if it is true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You almost get the amount of crests from one run. Nowhere near the same of stones given.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Why are you only getting 45 per key? I get 55 + 25 bonus flightstones.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    I've been told but not verified myself, that the best value of flightstones gained vs time was doing the HC version of the mega dungeon.

Take it with a grain of slat since it is hearsay, maybe someone can attest if it is true or not.
    I run that at least once a week on my alts for the vault. It drops zero flightstones and in fact first night it came out healer left after first boss because no stones dropped.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seeds drop a few, treasures drop a few both in Emerald Dream and on Dragon Isles in general. This includes dirt piles. Picking up the green blobs during the dream event also rewards stones, almost as many as treasures.