Lightbulb People that want a tinker class...

Don't we have engineering?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, you're right! I always thought it was a half useless profession, but it does seem to be a fully fledged playable class. Dang how did we miss it.

PS. I don't want or need a tinker, or any new class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordustrasz View Post
    We do.
    Does engineering let you pilot a mech suit in combat and deploy turrets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Ah Yes, what a smart thread, I'm sure that no one has ever brought that up in any other the other 300+ threads about Tinker that you could have read.

By the way, if Tinkers can't happen because Engineering, then Bard can't happen because Holy Priest :

@Teriz Take a look at this thread.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

I don't want tinker. Or bard.
    Give me something cool instead.

If they did more with professions providing compelling gameplay, I wouldn't mind.

But they don't, so a Class is still on the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordustrasz View Post
    Professions =\= Classes

When I think of a tinker class, I imagine piloting a mech in combat, or building mini forts that people can take refuge in like in Lego Universe, or running around with a flamethrower or raygun.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the completely unique hot take OP, this changes everything I'm sure.

Didn't we have a Death Knight styled sword and armor in Naxxramas? Clearly means we don't need Death Knights any more

Oh, and you can get Illidan's blindfold and the twin glaives in TBC. Better just remove Demon Hunters

Why do people on this forum act like Tinker concept is unpopular?

D.Va, who is pretty much a Tinker, is one of the most popular and iconic videogame waifus of the 2010s.

Arcane, the LoL TV series that was universally praised, takes place in Tinker Land and features Tinkers.

Sure Tinkers are not as cool as Magic users, but they are still a mainstream concept.

They're not going to throw away that concept because of Engineering lmao. Following that logic, they would have thrown away DH because Warlock had Metamorphosis.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why do people on this forum act like Tinker concept is unpopular?

D.Va, who is pretty much a Tinker, is one of the most popular and iconic videogame waifus of the 2010s.

Arcane, the LoL TV series that was universally praised, takes place in Tinker Land and features Tinkers.

Sure Tinkers are not as cool as Magic users, but they are still a mainstream concept.

They're not going to throw away that concept because of Engineering lmao. Following that logic, they would have thrown away DH because Warlock had Metamorphosis.
    I think an interesting swerve to this thread would be what type of Tinker class would people want? It’s quite possible that Blizzard might keep Goblin and Gnome engineering to the profession, and have the class be styled after a more advanced form of engineering.

A class that directly utilizes Titan technology for example would make quite a bit of sense now that we have Earthen as their Machine Speakers and would obviously work with the theme of the upcoming Titan expansion. Further a Titan based technology class could rather easily work with far more races than a goblin/gnome styled tech class would. The good news is that some Tinker WC3 and HotS abilities like Pocket Factory, Robo-goblin, Turrets, and Gravity Bomb could still transfer to a Titan tech class.

If so, it would be a lot of fun in a Battle Ground.

Last edited by Fantazma; 2023-11-30 at 01:07 AM.