10+ Year Old Account

Add old-school PvP rewards to mythic+

Why don't they add %-based rewards for ranking in keys? Is it being considered?

So many people do keys now, I think it would be awesome if they had an extra elite-transmog set, and different titles based on what % you are at the end of the season - something equivalent to how rival, duelist, glad used to be.

It's a very tricky topic... I am against removing items from the game and would welcome old pvp rewards returning but people against it have some very strong arguements.

They have always been prestige rewards you needed skill to obtain. You could never buy any pvp beyond vanilla simply by grinding.

You also have no way to replicate the difficulty of any given season since class balance changed constantly. One of my pvp sets is extraordinary rare to see even though design wise its saught after simply due to how weak mages were that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    Why don't they add %-based rewards for ranking in keys? Is it being considered?

So many people do keys now, I think it would be awesome if they had an extra elite-transmog set, and different titles based on what % you are at the end of the season - something equivalent to how rival, duelist, glad used to be.

There is? For "r1" only tho. (same as gladiator X titles work in PVP)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrold View Post
    It's a very tricky topic... I am against removing items from the game and would welcome old pvp rewards returning but people against it have some very strong arguements.

They have always been prestige rewards you needed skill to obtain. You could never buy any pvp beyond vanilla simply by grinding.

You also have no way to replicate the difficulty of any given season since class balance changed constantly. One of my pvp sets is extraordinary rare to see even though design wise its saught after simply due to how weak mages were that season.
    I totally agree with you. I also have an old set I cherish that I don’t want them to allow some new avenue to get

I think my original title/thought didn’t clarify what I meant. Let me try again.

Given how many people do keys competitively, there ought to be expanded rewards for M+, similar to how oldschool PvP rewards worked — they could add a (new) transmog set at 2.5k and a (new) weapon illusion at 3k or something, and lots more titles than only for the top 0.1%.

So many people do M+ and I don’t get why Blizz isn’t capitalizing on that way more.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s my point. Why only for r1? There’s room for lots of added stuff for M+ as a huge player base pushes keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    I totally agree with you. I also have an old set I cherish that I don’t want them to allow some new avenue to get

I think my original title/thought didn’t clarify what I meant. Let me try again.

Given how many people do keys competitively, there ought to be expanded rewards for M+, similar to how oldschool PvP rewards worked — they could add a (new) transmog set at 2.5k and a (new) weapon illusion at 3k or something, and lots more titles than only for the top 0.1%.

So many people do M+ and I don’t get why Blizz isn’t capitalizing on that way more.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s my point. Why only for r1? There’s room for lots of added stuff for M+ as a huge player base pushes keys.
    Ahh I did misunderstood. I agree it is odd that mythic plus doesn't have it's own armor color yet. There is even a reward dead zone around 25s where you wont get a title but you clearly pushed to a higher level of play.

I would be up for having a unique armor color and season weapons for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You already get ranked rewards for each level, you unluck the equivlent tier-set transmog for Normal/Heroic/Mythic based on what keys you complete (combined with the Catalyst)
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Just add an enchant or something at 3k, and make sure 3k is reasonable for skilled players every season.

Anything more than that and you'll just have people crying folks are buying boosts for it like they do in PvP.

I don't understand why there isn't any challenge mode equivalent amor or weapons. Like there's leveling gear that looks so good yet 0 for endgame content.

Old rare sets should remain rare.