Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Buy more then. Like I said, you could buy thousands.
    If you can buy ammo "by the thousands" so you never run out of ammunition... then what's the point of ammunition at all, aside from being a gold sink and to take the space of a bag slot on you? It doesn't offer any sort of real gameplay aside from "spend gold" nor does it offer any sort of advantage. The damage from the bullets were baked into the guns anyways.

It's the same point as mages needing arcane dust to make portals, paladins needing candles for their blessings, and priests needing incense for their Fortitude spells. They're just a needless step that at best is a waste of gold, at worst is an inconvenience as you run out of them since you forgot to restock.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Let me sum this up as quickly as I can: it's too much work for Blizzard to bother, and is another thing they feel they have to Ballance, even if it's not power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    No, we're really not lol. You're literally proving my point here when I said people are wildly exaggerating it here. Because why would you go into Fyrakk when you already have low amount of arrows? Just take 2 minutes of going back to town in between bosses.
    You do know that, when you have thousands of arrows in your quiver, it's atually easy to forget that you even need to buy those damn things eventually while you're distracted enjoying the game and focusing on the bosses, so, yes, running out of arrows in the middle of a boss fight, or worse, in the middle of a M+ run is not that unfeasible as you claim it is.

Case in point: even today, people sometimes forget to repair their gear before entering a M+ run, and if there's many deaths, their gear end up in the yellow and some equipment even break.

And having to hold arrows negatively affects you because quivers would take one of your bag slots. At best, it's a gold sink, and at worst, it's an annoyance and inconvenience. And even at its best it really adds nothing meaningful to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    The Last of Us.
    Amazing arrow management. You find or craft them scarcely. Crossbow ones can even be retrieved from corpses you just killed, until they break.
    Well, yes, but the Last of Us is a survival-like game, where you have limited resources. You're not supposed to just go around shooting arrows at everything you see, like a MMORPG.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Kudos for the effort!

Overall I'm usually in favor of these kind of approaches, nowadays I play different classes and I have the same keybindings for all, so when I change between them it feels more like a different appearance of the same basic class rather than different ones.

I personally do not think that it would work for new skills. It just cannot be possible to add new skills on every game update (although is one of the most exciting updates when that happens).

What I think this could be used for, would be for a mix of cosmetics/customization and as some sort of new class trainer, so whenever you would play a different class, you would need to "learn the way of that class" instead of just opening the spell book.

Makes sense that a rogue will become a rogue following way different steps than a shaman. That would be a great immersive addition indeed!

That kind of stuff is always great in concept, but execution is crucial. How do you avoid it being a chore? How essential is it to play/progress your character, how do other systems integrate into it? How feasible is it to f.e. design new poisons/totems, that actually have a use and not just sit in your spellbook.

Bullets/Arrows shouldn't make areturn imho, they are a part of being a useless chore, that in the worst case absolutely hinders you from playing your class, for basically no benefit at all.

Stuff i would like are Warlocks discovering Rifts to the nether to summon and enslave new demons, basically new pet customizations for their existing demons. Mages gathering lore/books or stories from NPCs in the new place to store in their library, Rogues being able to steal valuable to place in a trophy hall. Something that is fun to do, if you are a collector but doesn't really alter your power or how you play your character in instanced content.
    Last edited by Jaggler; 2023-12-11 at 09:50 AM.

I feel genuinely sorry for OP that this idea discussion turned into a debate about whether or not hunters should be able to buy ammunition. Way to kill an actual thought process and also not at all what this should be about.

For the actual topic: I am very much for more flavor/fluff content that doesn't translate into player power. All the Dragonracing stuff hints toward Blizzard understanding that not everything needs to be player progression content. I really hope they adapt this philosophy more, maybe in the future we'll see more things like green fire questline.

I certainly enjoy reading the op...
    As for hunter arrows...make them retrievable. When looting a corpse give a good chance, say 90%, that part of the looting are the arrows used in "good condition."

Ever since they removed it back in the day, I've always wished they would give Rogues back the use of bows and guns. They've done some weird things to this class over the years that ive always hated lol Like we can equip bows and guns, but we cant use them. Weapon types are tied to spec, so i cant actually use Warglaives of Azzinoth as sub spec, even though i can equip them and so on. (I realize Warglaives are ancient at this point, but its more about that arbitrary restriction lol. Also i farmed them before DH's even existed in the game and i should be able to use them like how i could before they revamped the classes in WoD, regardless of spec.)

But yeah, my dream in terms of increasing Rogue flavour and visual complexity would be to allow us to use bows and guns again, and let those weapons show on our character model along with our equipped melee weapons. It would give us more immersive visual flavour, a new item slot to fill and potentially more interesting ranged gameplay abilities, rather then just shurikens and magically appearing pistols via Outlaw spec.

They kinda did something like this currently in Classic SoD, with one of the Runes being a ranged attack that utilizes our equipped ranged* weapon, so im kinda hoping they are using SoD to brainstorm whacky new ideas for Retail lol

Immersion by its nature is about restrictions. In this regard I see rogues with throwing knives and shuriken, (poisoned or no), but nothing about about hunter weapons.