1. #1

    Killing Spree stops.. after ONE mob dies?

    Imagine an AoE button that stops when the first mob dies.

    Imagine.

    What a sad, pathetic AoE spell that would be, right? Well... HERE WE ARE.

    The rogue rework included a radical redesign of [Killing Spree] changing from a "use-anytime" spell into a combo point finisher; you had to accumulate combo points to use it, and the more combo points you had, the harder it hits and the more strikes it does.

    So imagine going into a trash mob of 10 or so mobs, having 7 combo points, pressing the button and HERE WE G-... oh. The mob you were targeting died, so KILLING SPREE INSTANTLY CANCELLED.

    Horrible. Feels utterly horrible.


    [Killing Spree] won't be reverted, I know that. However, what should be reverted is it's ability to continue working even if the mob you were targetting when you pressed the button dies. That's what it used to do! That's what it SHOULD do.

    Can you imagine being one of the nine of those 10+ trash mobs, seeing a rogue activate Killing Spree, and bracing for a MASSIVE AOE.... only for it to abruptly end after just one of them dies?

    "Whew! For a moment there, I was worried."

    Can you image the insanity of a mage's [Blizzard] ending after just one of the trash mobs dies? Or a Hunter's [Multi-Shot] stopping after just one mob dies?

    INSANITY.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Imagine an AoE button that stops when the first mob dies.

    Imagine.

    What a sad, pathetic AoE spell that would be, right? Well... HERE WE ARE.

    The rogue rework included a radical redesign of [Killing Spree] changing from a "use-anytime" spell into a combo point finisher; you had to accumulate combo points to use it, and the more combo points you had, the harder it hits and the more strikes it does.

    So imagine going into a trash mob of 10 or so mobs, having 7 combo points, pressing the button and HERE WE G-... oh. The mob you were targeting died, so KILLING SPREE INSTANTLY CANCELLED.

    Horrible. Feels utterly horrible.


    [Killing Spree] won't be reverted, I know that. However, what should be reverted is it's ability to continue working even if the mob you were targetting when you pressed the button dies. That's what it used to do! That's what it SHOULD do.

    Can you imagine being one of the nine of those 10+ trash mobs, seeing a rogue activate Killing Spree, and bracing for a MASSIVE AOE.... only for it to abruptly end after just one of them dies?

    "Whew! For a moment there, I was worried."

    Can you image the insanity of a mage's [Blizzard] ending after just one of the trash mobs dies? Or a Hunter's [Multi-Shot] stopping after just one mob dies?

    INSANITY.
    Are you this dramatic over everything in your life? It sounds like it’s most likely a bug

  3. #3
    i mean crazy thought here but maybe dont KS the low hp mob then? DoTs also go away when mobs die. And trying to defend it because its a combo finisher doesnt mean much when rogues puke out a finisher every 5-10seconds

  4. #4
    Use it on the beefiest mob in the group, like whichever is the level 71 (Elite, unstunnable kinds), then it should definitely last all hits.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    i mean crazy thought here but
    "This ranged spell had it's range reduced from 10 yards to 1 yard! WTF?!"

    "Well, use it when you're 1 yard away. Geez, WoW players will complain about anything..."


    Sigh... I will never understand the rush of superiority some WoW players feel when they show the world how just low their standards can be.

  6. #6
    Immortal SL1200's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    7,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    i mean crazy thought here but maybe dont KS the low hp mob then? DoTs also go away when mobs die. And trying to defend it because its a combo finisher doesnt mean much when rogues puke out a finisher every 5-10seconds
    Reads like something a skilled player might do.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    "This ranged spell had it's range reduced from 10 yards to 1 yard! WTF?!"

    "Well, use it when you're 1 yard away. Geez, WoW players will complain about anything..."


    Sigh... I will never understand the rush of superiority some WoW players feel when they show the world how just low their standards can be.
    but you're a melee so you are within the melee range of the pack anyway? Again just pick the higher hp target. Range has nothing to do with it, if you are intentionally picking an isolated AND low hp target you deserve losing the cd even more. Its cool you just want to be mad and i know im giving you the 4head answer but its spot on and a choice most dps make constantly. Continue hitting low hp until fully dead or move on to the next one. It all depends on what your next button is. I also avoid ToD'ing mobs that are at 100k or less because I'm wasting the cd in a dungeon when it can do over a million.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    but you're a melee
    Range has nothing to do with it
    Every now and then, I'm reminded that people like this exist.

    "Imagine if they did that to you."

    "But they didn't?"

    ".... yes, but pretend they did. Imagine YOU were sitting by yourself, and someone taunted and bullied you."

    "BUT THEY DIDN'T! No one bullied me! I'd like to see them try!"

    "No... see... you have to... *sigh*..."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Every now and then, I'm reminded that people like this exist.
    per your own example you where in a pack of mobs and simply targeted the wrong one. We are already using your hypothetical and apparently you cant even set up your point which is hilarious. So what exactly are we pretending here?

    "So imagine going into a trash mob of 10 or so mobs, having 7 combo points, pressing the button and HERE WE G-... oh. The mob you were targeting died, so KILLING SPREE INSTANTLY CANCELLED."

    These are YOUR words from YOUR post. My response is target a mob with KS that won't die before the KS is done. But apparently I'm rejecting your hypothetical xD. YOU put yourself in melee of that group of mobs, YOU targeted the low hp mob, YOU chose to KS the mob that would die before it was done. I'm not rejecting a single part of your scenario so your previous post is hilarious. Try again

  10. #10
    Everyone on here complaining about OP making a valid complaint and everyone calling him crazy, yet acting 10 times crazier lol. All need to mellow out a bit. The spell is “Clunky” that’s the right word for it. Just make it less clunky. The casuals will be happier for it and it won’t affect these elites. Jobs done. Not every encounter is a dungeon or raid encounter either. Sometimes when you aoe out in the world things just melt. Trying to face melt like other classes and it stops is just bad and unfun. Is everyone worried that this change is going to cost them some development time on new content or something?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •