Poll: Which talent style do you prefer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    A choice implies one or the other, the other will always remain "blank".

As i like choice the current system appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Either I took some brain damage at some point, or this is somewhat incoherent
    It's just some OCD dude either not knowing or simply forgetting he has OCD.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Depends on the game, I think, but every option except Mists probably falls within my preferences.

There's room for a little bit of all of the options in any good RPG, I feel, but for a game like WoW, I appreciate more of a lean toward the "Classic" style, trees that you can't fill out completely and that you can sort of mix, match and customize to fit your build, playstyle, or comfort level with the mechanics. Between the "Glyphs" style and the "Artifacts" style, I would choose Glyphs as a companion system to the Classic style on top of it for character progression, and then maybe Artifacts for other subsystems that focus more on content progression.

The Artifact style as the main talent system I feel works for a different style of RPG than what WoW is. RPGs that really show their love for collection, exploration, completion, etc, actually have a definitive end that you're progressing toward, and are generally less demanding on the strategizing and puzzle-solving mechanical aspect of gameplay, I think are more worthy of that kind of main system, rather than an MMORPG.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2023-12-04 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I didnt like how few talents we got with the Mists system. I think the number of talents is fine, we should just.... be able to get all of them.
    nah i love current system and i think it amazing inheritance from wrath system
    i don't agree we need to get all, i prefer exactly what we have, just add 2 new rows every exp (one for minor/passive, 1 for major) and done, that's all i want from it
    i don't understand what is the new system and as someone who remember DK preview pre-wrath and how it was changed massively at wrath launch i'm waiting for the exp first to see how it will ends
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    nah i love current system and i think it amazing inheritance from wrath system
    i don't agree we need to get all, i prefer exactly what we have, just add 2 new rows every exp (one for minor/passive, 1 for major) and done, that's all i want from it
    i don't understand what is the new system and as someone who remember DK preview pre-wrath and how it was changed massively at wrath launch i'm waiting for the exp first to see how it will ends
    What was different about DK pre-launch? I played Burning Crusade and Wrath but didn't exactly pay attention to the Death Knight stuff till it was in my hands.

Any videos of the old previews?

I love the new talent trees.

But man it's absolutely ridiculous how crazy rotational complexity has gotten along with the trees. If you're trying to do anything more than mythic+5 you better know the best builds and how to play them.

Even the easiest specs are still harder to play than the moderate specs of yesteryear because apparently we can't have easier builds doing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

7+ Year Old Account
    I like actually two types. One is classic like in just classic and in retail actually and mists to just pick up one in line. Cant decide which is better. I like both :P Prob classic/retail is more atractive and fits more to RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I love the new talent trees.

But man it's absolutely ridiculous how crazy rotational complexity has gotten along with the trees. If you're trying to do anything more than mythic+5 you better know the best builds and how to play them.

Even the easiest specs are still harder to play than the moderate specs of yesteryear because apparently we can't have easier builds doing well.
    Yes and no. There is always at least 2 build working well for each spec. Except this i wount say over +5 maybe over +11. Easyer spec are harder ? Mmm not sure about this. Just switched from shadow pri to retri pala and pala feels like faceroller vs sp rotation
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-12-04 at 02:09 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't enjoy the idea of swapping specs around for specific dungeons or raids, so i typically just avoid groups with that kind of requirement. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I don't run into groups who think they need that requirement when they really don't (like.....while leveling), but its something you try and ignore when it happens and move on.

I prefer to just set the setup I enjoy and leave it there. Perhaps have a loadout for pvp vs pve or solo vs group play but that's about it.

Mist style trees encouraged me to swap around much more, but were less fun? If that makes any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What was different about DK pre-launch? I played Burning Crusade and Wrath but didn't exactly pay attention to the Death Knight stuff till it was in my hands.

Any videos of the old previews?
    the easiest one i remember was that runes didn't have schools, u had 6 runes (which sadly what we have now), it was hated and was considered too simple and insulting to us players they think we are too stupid to handle different schools
    that's the part i remember because i remember i loved the idea of more complex runes of different schools, but that's it, sorry can't remember anything else
    As for video no way, i think youtube didn't even exist back then
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Anything but the Mists of Pandaria talent trees.

Those were boring af.
    "WoW's storytelling has become increasingly less interesting due to the writers trying to hamfist western-centric liberal ideas into every storyline. They are erasing the interesting and unique warcraft cultures with liberal and western values, rendering them boring and unimaginative." - Floot

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I've come to think that a lot of the complaining re: MoP Talent Trees can be explained as misdirected complaints stemming from bad class design. Don't get me wrong, I do prefer the old WotLK trees over what has come since, but after playing both WotLK Classic and Dragonflight, I've come to the conclusion that larger trees didn't really fix any of the complaints that I had, in fact they arguably added more.

Go back to the MoP system, double the size of the current system, it doesn't really fix the fact that the vast majority of classes now bear absolutely no resemblance to their launch iterations.

will add, just to see if anyone feels similarly, I think the new talent trees have exacerbated the problem that I first noticed when they added PvP talents, where one has both too many and not enough buttons. With the vast amount of active abilities, and variations in builds (eg, ST Raid, AoE Raid, M+, BGs, 3v3s, etc.) that exist, a person who plays competitively in most of those scenarios will find themselves having to either swap out keybinds, which is no fun and counterintuitive, or have a bloated number of keybinds, most of which wil lbe dead in any given scenario. Only tangentially related, but I don't see many discussions on the subject and thought I'd add it.

Regardless "Some nodes" is probably ideal, but nodes are more or less irrelevant, foundational class design matters much more.