Poll: What is your prefered raid size for a season

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerEelemental View Post
    The current format where raids are around 8-9 bosses is pefect imho. It's not too short and not too long, normal and HC can be cleared in 1 night each when on farm, which is good. One smaller raid (1-2 bosses) later in the patch would be nice, where that's possible on developer time.
    I largely agree that large (but not massive) raids work best. I do think that just 3 raids of 8-10 bosses are not enough for an expansion though. Imagine if DF had a small 1 boss raid with Adamanthia at Forbidden Reach and then we got the Primalist Future as a second raid with the Claws of Vyranokk plus Vyranokk.

My main idea in this thread was exactly this; if we are going to be having two small patches every season, having a small raid on the .5 patch or a 1 boss raid on the .7 patch would work great, could be done with reused assets and would keep raiders active for much longer given that the majority of raiders have reached their goals before the season ends and either burn out on farm or even worse, burn out trying a difficulty that is above their collective skill level. Giving a mid season small raid would keep raiders engaged, indirectly nerf the raid better than having Blizzard just push the numbers down further and help more with gear parity (since raiders are bound by the raid lockout while dungeoneers are not).
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-12-07 at 09:51 AM.

Mini raids like ToV (3 bosses) can be fun if they're used sparingly and are released at the right time (in between "real" tiers and not increasing the time between the two).

6-7 boss raids like Highmaul, Emerald Nightmare have been fun warm ups to an expansion.

The perfect tier is 10 bosses. 9 is on the verge of being too short, although some GOAT raids like ToS were 9. 9 is ok if the raid before or after was 10. Dragonflight raids were all too short. Less than 9 is unacceptable for a tier.

10-11 is perfect, when you get to 12 you start having too many filler bosses. SoO was a great raid but 14 bosses?? I can think of 3 fights I'd remove right now and that raid would still be sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Mini raids like ToV (3 bosses) can be fun if they're used sparingly and are released at the right time (in between "real" tiers and not increasing the time between the two).

6-7 boss raids like Highmaul, Emerald Nightmare have been fun warm ups to an expansion.

The perfect tier is 10 bosses. 9 is on the verge of being too short, although some GOAT raids like ToS were 9. 9 is ok if the raid before or after was 10. Dragonflight raids were all too short. Less than 9 is unacceptable for a tier.

10-11 is perfect, when you get to 12 you start having too many filler bosses. SoO was a great raid but 14 bosses?? I can think of 3 fights I'd remove right now and that raid would still be sick.
    For SoO the better alternative imo would have been a 4 boss raid released with 5.3 from Immerseus to Sha of Pride. Then SoO would have started at Zaela.

And DF is really the reason I started this topic. I felt we did not get enough raid encounters but at the same time I am not sure I would have wanted the raids to be larger. A couple of small raids released after the major patch would have been great at keeping raiders active and I felt there were clear opportunities for this (The Primalist Future subzone is just perfect for an AU raid vs Vyranokk, especially given she is now an ally).
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-12-07 at 03:46 PM.

Bro. This thread jebaited me. I thought it was about the number of players in the raid. I was ready to indulge in yet another nostalgia bait thread.

But anyway: I like big raids. Supplemental small raids always feel a bit weird. Massive, sprawling raids where the environment shifts as you move through it are one of the few things WoW does well and I feel like that's an aspect that's been missing from this expansion's many medium sized raids.

I pick none of the above, I have always loved several smaller raids per tier.

I pref massive Raids or multiple Small Raids, like we had in 4.0 and 5.0

But the current raids are always kinda... disappointing to me. They feel small, most bosses are boring to play anyway (so i dont see the quality > quantitiy argument) and it would be nice if not just the Last 2 bosses would be kinda challenging to play. like 3/4 of the raid is first try or takes like 3-4 trys until you beat them, even on heroic.
    Last edited by saixilein; 2023-12-07 at 05:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    8-10. Anything more and I start seeing drop in quality.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    8-10. Anything more and I start seeing drop in quality.
    Is that really observable?

I found Antorus, Nyalotha and Sepulcher to be better than average as raids.

8-10 is a good balance.

7+ Year Old Account
    8-9 boss, lets you have a ramping difficulty while not being to long to prog. I don't mind 10-12 boss for final raid of an expac though.