Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Bel'ameth is a wasted opportunity to create a capital city on a tree

    Good morning fellas:

    As the title says, the new capital city of Bel'ameth lacks ambition from Blizzard since they could have created a proper Night Elf capital city on a tree. It would have been pretty cool to put all those buildings on the branches of Amirdrassil and around its trunk. Something like this:






    I strongly believe it would have become a unique capital city. What we got instead is a village around a puddle.
    Last edited by Nork; 2023-12-10 at 08:04 AM.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire BB8's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away
    Posts
    492
    I agree it shows lack of effort to create a village around a puddle.
    As a roleplayer myself, I would love to have something to wander in for hours.
    Who knows if they develop it more. I really hope.
    Last edited by BB8; 2023-12-10 at 10:49 AM.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Uvania's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    477
    They made a better immersion with the night elf starting zone back in 2004 that they made in 10.2 in 2023...

    The developers needs a wake up call, stop focusing on flappy drakes and player retention content and make stunning worlds again with basic storylines.

  4. #4
    The game tends to scale between illogical and idiotic and has so for years now. You're meant to simply accept it all..."just because!"
    Now go out and kill things and don't forget to renew your subscription for a year.

  5. #5
    Darnasus was made the way it was made cus the game was old... now we can do more. Yet... they dont. You are right, its pretty sad...

  6. #6
    Idgaf what cities look like as long as we dont have a reason to use other than the newest hub. Glad they dont put time in stuff that simply has no use.

  7. #7
    Orcboi NatePsy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VIC, Australia
    Posts
    5,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    They made a better immersion with the night elf starting zone back in 2004 that they made in 10.2 in 2023...

    The developers needs a wake up call, stop focusing on flappy drakes and player retention content and make stunning worlds again with basic storylines.
    I would guess it's more to do with upper management micro-managing the developers and putting a stop to anything they deem not worth the cost if it's not going to make them money.

  8. #8
    The world tree is still a sapling, they need to wait for it to actually grow before building another Darnassus.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I would guess it's more to do with upper management micro-managing the developers and putting a stop to anything they deem not worth the cost if it's not going to make them money.
    And if they made a sprawling city which didn't have use yet, this forum would be up in arms with developers developing useless cities instead of writing a proper story.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    The world tree is still a sapling, they need to wait for it to actually grow before building another Darnassus.
    No, it's not. The tree is full grown.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    No, it's not. The tree is full grown.
    Absolutely not, it sprouted from the dream once it was ready to take root in Azeroth, it has a long way to go before it is a fully fledged world tree. It's tiny.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Absolutely not, it sprouted from the dream once it was ready to take root in Azeroth, it has a long way to go before it is a fully fledged world tree. It's tiny.
    The tree grew up within the dream. That tree is not gonna grow more. Its size is more or less the same as Shaladrassil, which was a full grown World Tree.
    Last edited by Nork; 2023-12-10 at 10:07 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Idgaf what cities look like as long as we dont have a reason to use other than the newest hub. Glad they dont put time in stuff that simply has no use.
    Sad but true. Capital cities are underused, I don't see them putting much time and effort into one that is not the current hub.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Clone's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kamino
    Posts
    3,035
    People will bitch about its vertical layout.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    People will bitch about its vertical layout.
    Wait for the War Within then. It's an expansion in a tube.

  16. #16
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,627
    Im sorry but that would be an incredible waste of resources. Its not even a city in game. It has very little content around it. Theres a reason new races dont get cities anymore. Because no one uses them and they are incredibly resouce intensive to make. Like Raid Art level intensive. Be happy you are getting anything. Cries in Echo Isles. Least gnomes have a cool city in the lore.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Im sorry but that would be an incredible waste of resources. Its not even a city in game. It has very little content around it. Theres a reason new races dont get cities anymore. Because no one uses them and they are incredibly resouce intensive to make. Like Raid Art level intensive. Be happy you are getting anything. Cries in Echo Isles. Least gnomes have a cool city in the lore.
    Says the guy advocating a world revamp.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    They made a better immersion with the night elf starting zone back in 2004 that they made in 10.2 in 2023...

    The developers needs a wake up call, stop focusing on flappy drakes and player retention content and make stunning worlds again with basic storylines.
    You say this but the second you could fly/did any exploring you realized teldrassil was literlaly just a fucking stump and it looked fucking awful, it was not a world tree with a city on it, it was a stump with some branches on it and a city on top.
    This new city is a million times better then darnassus.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You say this but the second you could fly/did any exploring you realized teldrassil was literlaly just a fucking stump and it looked fucking awful, it was not a world tree with a city on it, it was a stump with some branches on it and a city on top.
    This new city is a million times better then darnassus.
    tbf anything is better than darnassus. The most popular feature of darnassus was the boat to gtfo of darnassus.

  20. #20
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,866
    on one hand: yeah it is lazy
    on another: even in classic i don't remember nelf players themselves going to Darnassus (was playing alliance), heck i remember nelfs going to wetlands and elywnn forest to lvl, with only 1 human mage going to nelf zones to get his saber mount at lvl 40 (which of course wasn't before lvl 51 because no one had gold for mounts at that time)
    i'm sad but i completely understand it

    i meant by classic 2004.. what we call it now, retro? vanilla? old wow?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •