Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    They said that bel'ameth is getting more work on it in future patches for people still wondering, they mentioned it will continue to be developed into patch 10.2.6 at least, so its not done yet, just the basic outline, by the end I expect it will probably look more "city" ish.
    Source, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Source, please?
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...jc1Ny42MC4wLjA.

I don't see where it says they will develop the city in the next patches. "It's a work in progress" is too vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    They made a better immersion with the night elf starting zone back in 2004 that they made in 10.2 in 2023...

The developers needs a wake up call, stop focusing on flappy drakes and player retention content and make stunning worlds again with basic storylines.
    the only way that would happen is if they did a WoW 2 that you would get a world built from the ground up again so you have the full leveling adventure and everyone starting from scratch. im a big believer one of the biggest reasons people enjoy classic is because they all start at the same time so you get a forced sense of community and you're doing the long as grind with tons of people around.

With expansions doing vertical integration all the time and even making new zones within an xpac and forgetting all old zones, we're constantly being tunneled into singular zones which imho is bad design to not use the world. that the the campaign being short as fuck after the launch campaign and missing so many details

Blizzard thinks like you and that's the reason why Dracthyrs start in Exile's Reach and they've got no starting zone. Oh, boy, I wish they had created a whole starting zone just for Dracthyrs...
    ... They did. They literally did. It's the Forbidden Reach.

Did you actually not play a dracthyr at all?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... They did. They literally did. It's the Forbidden Reach.

Did you actually not play a dracthyr at all?!
    Sarcasm: the use of remarks that clearly mean the opposite of what they say, made in order to hurt someone's feelings or to criticize something in a humorous way.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Darnasus was made the way it was made cus the game was old... now we can do more. Yet... they dont. You are right, its pretty sad...
    Darnasus feels like a ffing metropole compared to that BS we got xD

Current wow devs (especially in SL/DF) are ffing clueless about designing WORLD.

Last good thing they created was Kul Tiras. Its freakingly epic land mass! And Boralus is easily in top 3 capitals for me.

But the way how they built sl/df zones (aka nothing but a theme parks with its quarters) is beyond bad.

City being established for 2 weeks - "WHY THERE ARE NO MILLENNIA-OLD TEMPLES HERE, BLIZZ? MY FANFIC DREAM IS RUINED"
    People just arrived here, settling in camps - "WHY THERE IS NO BIG CITY, BLIZZ? Have we had enough suffering??"
    Kids and non-grown adults these days are hilarious. Its our first capital in process of building. Aside from that was Orgrimmar back in WC3, will you moan about it not looking how it was in WoW?
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2023-12-13 at 07:25 AM.

These should have been the Night elf capitals:

Sarcasm: the use of remarks that clearly mean the opposite of what they say, made in order to hurt someone's feelings or to criticize something in a humorous way.
    Sarcasm: as easily decipherable in internet forums as spoken accents are to a deaf man.

Good morning fellas:

As the title says, the new capital city of Bel'ameth lacks ambition from Blizzard since they could have created a proper Night Elf capital city on a tree. It would have been pretty cool to put all those buildings on the branches of Amirdrassil and around its trunk. Something like this:

I strongly believe it would have become a unique capital city. What we got instead is a village around a puddle.
    Completely agree. This is my biggest issue with it. It's just a village. There is space on top however to make a city probably the size of Darnassus if they use platforms etc and maybe caves inside the tree. This shows my biggest problem with DF too, it just feels a bit stale and unpopulated. Our base is the only capital and we're terrorizing the smaller guys. In Legion we floated in in our own city and befriended the local population to attack the main capital there Suramar as well as we saw nearly all of the threats on the horizon in the Nighthold, the corrupted tree and Tomb of Sargeras. On the Dragon Isles there is so much space for so many cultures but instead we see the same bland architecture everywhere and it just becomes this clean hospital vibe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    City being established for 2 weeks - "WHY THERE ARE NO MILLENNIA-OLD TEMPLES HERE, BLIZZ? MY FANFIC DREAM IS RUINED"
    People just arrived here, settling in camps - "WHY THERE IS NO BIG CITY, BLIZZ? Have we had enough suffering??"
    Kids and non-grown adults these days are hilarious. Its our first capital in process of building. Aside from that was Orgrimmar back in WC3, will you moan about it not looking how it was in WoW?
    Thing is, the track record of Blizzard is making old content obsolete. If you expect them to continue building this city you're betting against the odds. The logic of Rome wasn't built in a day doesn't necessarily fit well in a Blizzard game. Next thing we should see would be cut trees and quarries then? Some people mining iron for nails or a quest line specifying that they use a building technique which does not require nails? We need to feed the workers. So they add an island full of grains. Then we can start thinking about adding a couple of buildings..

Cutting down trees? Currently not part of Night Elf culture.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I would guess it's more to do with upper management micro-managing the developers and putting a stop to anything they deem not worth the cost if it's not going to make them money.
    Link proving upper management micro manages.

They give you a budget. YOu try to stick to that. They don't care how you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Sarcasm: as easily decipherable in internet forums as spoken accents are to a deaf man.
    Nah, it was pretty clear I was being sarcastic. You just didn't detect it, but it's fine, I don't blame you, pal.