Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    That's the thing, the people who complain about wows gearing don't consider queued content as solo content.
    They want a literal singleplayer game.
    If I don't have to talk to anyone and can jump in whenever I want I consider it solo content. Playing with bots would offer almost the exact same experience.

Unless the game has chased away most of them (which is possible) the great majority of WoW's players don't want challenging content. Ghostcrawler was clear about this when he was tweeting while he was still at Blizzard.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

No, the highest level will be delves, but they are basically just MoP scenarios for solo players and capped at Heroic ilevel.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I was playing Hearthstone recently and that game is refreshing on that front; you can feel putting your brain hard at work without relying on others "being online" or whatnot; I was wondering if WoW has something similar lately.

I remember we had the Mage Tower in Legion and the return to it last expansion; is there something similar today; can you play WoW and feel like you do something very hard without relying on others in the same team?
    No, and thankfully.

Towers are too simple. The SL feature was too complex with a very mixed reception.

None of it is sustainble for the game. Time spent better elsewhere for the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Unless the game has chased away most of them (which is possible) the great majority of WoW's players don't want challenging content. Ghostcrawler was clear about this when he was tweeting while he was still at Blizzard.
    Ah, I was looking for this tweet earlier, thanks!

The closest thing is probably the mage tower during Legion timewalking weeks.

God, reading the replies in that thread is one of the funniest things I've seen today.

I think the m+ threads on this forum have pretty much showed us the toxicity is either the people starting it, or someone doing 3 m+ dungeons per season and getting one toxic group which makes his personal experience very toxic.

Meanwhile we got people who have done a thousand dungeons with just a handful of toxic guys.

I'm on my 4th KSM this season and I've met one or two assholes.

Lucky you. Perhaps too lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    Lucky you. Perhaps too lucky.
    Looking at the threads about this, few assholes per hundred keys seems to be the average.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    The closest thing is probably the mage tower during Legion timewalking weeks.
    Didn’t they make that be available permanently?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Didn’t they make that be available permanently?
    correctooo

Other GC tweets:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...29787176140800
    It will force it for the people who want challenging content, which historically has never been a huge percentage of our players.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...25539268677632
    Ulduar was popular for the tiny percent of players who saw it. Flex mode normal would have helped it a ton.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...78717850640384
    I don't know that's why they quit, but there definitely was not as large an audience for challenging dungeons as we hoped.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...65830572998656
    We offer hardcore raiding b/c it's fun not because it's popular.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...55632502845440
    But there is not a great business model for a hardcore-only MMO with WoW production values.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...93830291095553
    This sounds like the myth that hard content forces players to rise to the challenge and not quit.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...90301669830657
    In fact casual players are probably more likely to opt out of hard content for which rewards will be quickly replaced.
    And then, the last quote in my sig.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2024-02-14 at 04:50 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Looking at the threads about this, few assholes per hundred keys seems to be the average.
    I probably shouldn't say much on this topic honestly. I have done very few M+ keys this expansion. Like nothing above a 9. Now in shadowlands I did a bunch and got the achievements and the mount. And I ran into a bunch of assholes. Not enough fingers and toes to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    I probably shouldn't say much on this topic honestly. I have done very few M+ keys this expansion. Like nothing above a 9. Now in shadowlands I did a bunch and got the achievements and the mount. And I ran into a bunch of assholes. Not enough fingers and toes to count.
    The scene has changed a lot.
    The community turned very chill somewhere between SL and DF and pugging is now quite pleasant experience.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Why? The Mage Tower was considered challenging for most people (it had "buffs on the ground" etc.).

Also I'm thinking of 1v1 content with mechanics of that sort.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't have to be hard. That's a sub-context someone else brought in replies in here. I'm personally interested in fun 1v1 content (that might need complex mechanics like "buffs on the ground" similar to the Mage Tower etc.) and I'm not interested in hard or easy (those are tune issues and approximately irrelevant at this stage (handled later as needed)).

[since it would be essentially a form of PvP: "hard or easy" would be auto-tuned by the rank]

- - - Updated - - -

You lied by implying I have no arguments in any of my posts. My posts are almost exclusively arguments, so you're either lying or you can't notice the obvious.
    The threat literally asks for "skillful" content. If you need skill to finsih something it is harder... that just goes with it.
    You cannot make easy content that requires skill. That goes against the definition of the word.

But yougot banned again... so maybe you read this in a few weeks^^

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The threat literally asks for "skillful" content. If you need skill to finsih something it is harder... that just goes with it.
    You cannot make easy content that requires skill. That goes against the definition of the word.

But yougot banned again... so maybe you read this in a few weeks^^
    to be fair, his original thread was about 1v1 pvp, not this threads topic. it got merged with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    to be fair, his original thread was about 1v1 pvp, not this threads topic. it got merged with this one.
    Actually post creator has been banned lol. Imo there is no chance to make valuable and serious 1vs1 pvp content in WoW.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Shadowlands' Ascended Trials where you control an NPC? Was difficult back then for Wisdom and Humility difficulties... trivial now in DF, where they kill the boss quick though.

So do them as a level 60 ifyou want to retain a challenge.
    oh do they (the NPC) scale to your level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, which is surprising given how popular it is in other MMORPGs such as Runescape. You can solo hard content for BiS gear in that game, then you come over to WoW and it's like "lolnope"

oh do they (the NPC) scale to your level?
    You had to use boons and the right equipment to do the higher difficulties back when it was current. In DF there's no difficulty what so ever even on the hardest, you just kill them quick without trying.