120 34.88%
  • C

69 20.06%
  • D

49 14.24%
  • F

18 5.23%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    It's good but for me the story was all over the place.
    7/10 overall

Worst expansion yet.

Shadowlands: the expansion no one wants to remember.

Dragonflight: the expansion no one can remember.

I'm serious. Shadowlands at least had the cool factor of Covenants, and was aesthetically pleasing with the hyperspace flight paths, the floating golden islands of Bastion with the threads of blue magic hanging overhead and the unique fantasy weather conditions like the falling feathers or the blood rain, cool fights like chasing Sylvanas across the chains, etc. Dragonflight is just painfully generic artstation land that copied GW2's flying but worse. Only thing I can remember is the Tindral fight where you chase him to different platforms.

Give it a F

Too much woke about it...
    Don't care about babysitting dragons baby in daycare...
    story writing been terrible
    Mythic+ so lame repeating rinse and repeat seasonals. Not fun anymore Toxicity takes over.

unsubbed and uninstal itl was the best decision i ever made

My lowest rating so far: C

Kinda tied with Shadowlands though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Worst expansion yet.

Shadowlands: the expansion no one wants to remember.

Dragonflight: the expansion no one can remember.

I'm serious. Shadowlands at least had the cool factor of Covenants, and was aesthetically pleasing with the hyperspace flight paths, the floating golden islands of Bastion with the threads of blue magic hanging overhead and the unique fantasy weather conditions like the falling feathers or the blood rain, cool fights like chasing Sylvanas across the chains, etc. Dragonflight is just painfully generic artstation land that copied GW2's flying but worse. Only thing I can remember is the Tindral fight where you chase him to different platforms.
    Its what the majority of the community wanted and Blizzard responded.
    According to Blizzard and the feedback they received,:
    We were sick of cosmic, otherworldly expansions
    We wanted more grounded, "close to home" stories
    We wanted characters we recognize
    We didn't like systems and mission tables
    We didn't want to go "from one world ending invasion to the next"
    We were tired of faction conflicts

Dragonflight deliberately checked all those boxes. You are free to disagree with many of those points as I do with some as well. Warcraft's story is in constant fluctuation and at this point in its storyline most major villains and Azeroth-dooming threats have been eliminated or are busy brooding for their next attack. We are at a peaceful time right now, so much so that when forces like Fyrakk arrive literally the entire planet can teleport over to assist in the fight - because they're all bored.

The expansion is not over yet. Ask again once TWW prepatch date is announced

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Its what the majority of the community wanted and Blizzard responded.
    You don't get a good product by asking people what they want. You get a good product by understanding what people will want.

There's a big difference. Asking them is offloading the insight to the customers and then slavishly copying what they say. But there's no reason to expect the typical customer will be good at understanding what other customers, or really even themselves, will want. Nor does a comment like "the game needs X" mean that every way of providing X would be satisfactory to that customer. There are always unstated constraints that, when ignored, turn solutions into exercises in the monkey's paw.

I don't think the people at Blizzard understand what their customers want.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2024-02-08 at 04:22 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I was going to give it a B but then they added the Lego axe and balanced all plate class around it so have it give it a C. The Reason being

A. Should have allowed normal flying after people reach level 70. I hate dragon riding due to eyesight issues. Using dragon riding makes it so I can't focus at all. Not to mention they created a dungeon where it is required of you to have it and then did it again in the final raid. Sure you can argue in the dungeon you can go to the flight patch who would use it though? Your group is going to kick you out for it.

B. The new zone they added in gets old after a week. There aren't enough to keep players active and it becomes a bit boring. Is also very small. Although blizzard did learn their mistakes with elites so in Emerald Dream you can actually solo them. So that's a plus

C. They added a new spec mid-patch in S2 which completely dominated the M+. That spec alone literally makes key 2 to 3 levels easier. It made the game so unbalanced and to the fact a lot of the dungeons in S2 require dispelling to make it easier and over buffing guardian druid they created the most unbalance comp in M+ ever. Literally, if you are an Aug evoker you get free invites to for free. Aug evoker should never be added to the game is too OP too game breaking and it is still OP to this day. Unless Blizzard nerf it (nerf the utilities it provides and buff its damage) Is going to remain meta next expansion is lock in a spot for for M+.

D. The handle of the lego bow from the 1st raid. Again a gain mess. Literally it boost BM hunter ST by a good 10% those with the bow was doing too much damage and those without the bow is was doing jack and in good old blizzard fashion nerf it to the ground. This should have been tested before making it to live.

E. The lego axe. Very RNG which is fine but why does it require such a long annoying and GOLD drain quest to get it? It should just drop like the bow from Raze and also the bow from Sylvanas. No quest no gold sink. When I got the axe and start doing the quest it was boring and annoying making the player farm all these materials then the gold sink. By the time I had the axe for my pally I don't even want to play the pally anymore. I was mad about the whole deal.

F. Spec was unbalance but that's expected

C.

Pretty crappy expansion, not as bad as Shadowlands but close

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You don't get a good product by asking people what they want. You get a good product by understanding what people will want.

There's a big difference. Asking them is offloading the insight to the customers and then slavishly copying what they say. But there's no reason to expect the typical customer will be good at understanding what other customers, or really even themselves, will want. Nor does a comment like "the game needs X" mean that every way of providing X would be satisfactory to that customer. There are always unstated constraints that, when ignored, turn solutions into exercises in the monkey's paw.

I don't think the people at Blizzard understand what their customers want.
    While I fully agree. I would say neither does the playerbase. Its simply too large and varied to please everyone.

Some people like leveling.

Some people like raidlogging.

Some people like RPing.

Some people like Pvp.

Some people like Mythic+.

Some people like alts.

Some people like dailies and world content. Some like world content but hate dailies.

Some people like classic.

Some people like retail.

And many players are some combo of those groups and want them to mesh nicely together. And many players despise certain groups, and never want to touch them. Then there's people who seem to want to spend their entire life hating on this game rather than just...finding another game.

Blizzard can only appease so many people with any one design choice. Much of what Al Gorefiend statement was complained about for multiple expansions. I'd say its at least a starting point.

It's the first expansion since Legion where i stayed subbed throughout the whole expansion. (bfa quit after first tier, sl quit even during first tier).
    M+ has been enjoyable outside season 2 (didn't really like the dungeons in that season), raids where pretty good, questing and zones are very good, the added events are mostly 'do once, then dont look back', but in general i don't really care for that kind of content.

The biggest factor however is the removal of mandatory chores to keep up. I can now get my 2500 io on a few characters, clear the raid on hc and call it a season, then just log twice a week to do our community raid and m+ night. All the other nights go to other games, i've cleared so much off my backlog during SL, and i never fell behind in power because i didn't login every day.

The expansion in itself is nothing special. It's not bad but not phenomenal either, i'd say like a 7/10. The removal of bullshit mandatory powergind however is 10/10 and has made all the difference on wow being playable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    S: Dragon, Legion
    A: Mist, WotLK
    B: Warlords, BC
    C: Vanilla, Cata
    D: BfA
    -∞: SL
    I would say. I just my tier vise what i enjoyed most over those years.

S: WotLK, Classic (vanilla)
    A: Mist, Legion
    B: BC, Dragon
    C: SL, Classic (relaunch)
    D: Warlords
    E: Cata
    F: BfA
    Last edited by czarek; 2024-02-12 at 12:32 PM.