Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    10.2.7: Troll & Draenei heritage armor. How do you think they will be?

    Hi there guys:

    I'm posting this thread to ask you one simple question: how do you think the new troll and Draenei heritage armors will be? You have to send a picture (official art, fan art, etc.) of a Troll and/or a Draenei wearing an armor.

    These are my suggestions:

    Draenei:


    Last edited by Nork; 2024-01-30 at 07:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Im thinking honestly it will be these:



    This one was the og draenei art years ago and it makes perfect sense for this to be their heritidge armor, it reflect the idea of them being exiles, while it could be vindicator related we know apparently their story is tied to their spiritual hall of the dead.

    As for trolls, I think its gonna be shadow hunter for sure, I can see it having something to do with Rokkhan and Zekhan and the idea of both succeeding Voljin and finding a future for the darkspears.

    As for the armor itself well, they have a refference from Samwise as far back as 1999
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2024-01-31 at 06:55 AM.

  3. #3
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,442
    They cant go wrong with a warcraft3 witchdoctor/vol'jin kind of armor with a fetish on the back and hopefully a old school glaive as a side quest or w/e. That will happen when they will release troll beards in 6 years maybe 7 if we are lucky

    For dreanei I think the og bc art above me makes the most sense, altho It also feels like broken armor to me, maybe its the plate that does that idk. I wouldnt dislike a Velen like transmog, but that would feel to priest like and could be something aka the Sylvanas gear in the future. The staves on those art are also very nice, give those as well.

  4. #4
    I just want a good looking kilt for trolls that doesn't klip horrendously, and some nice looking HD mask.
    I love tiki masks.

    But when it comes to the story there are some worrisome stuff about the Darkspear story.

    The good thing is that it will focus on Loa and there are trolls from other tribes. Which is interesting take, I think other tribes could be used as a context to say where Darksppear were and where they're now.

    And I'd love to explore the Darkspear Loas.
    And we had datamined Lukou

    She was meant to be the Loa of Healing and Respite and was supposed to look like a stunningly beautiful troll female with massive compassion in her eyes for all trollkind.

    And in the datamines it's a Draenor Podling with title"Loa of regeneration" >.>

    Then we have Har'Koa, Drakkari Loa of Tenacity. I like Har'Koa and Darkspears are Tenacious, but I'd so much rather have Dambala instead - Loa of Deceit and Treachery.
    And Dambala supposedly died in SL, but I think Loa of Deceit could pull it off. And make it that it was merely avataror his substitue.

    The reason why I want Dambala to be important Darkspear Loa was to highlight how such Loa could be used to protect people from deceit and treachery. That you have to know how it works in order to prepare for it. And that is a valuable trait when you are underpopulaterd you have to have many tricks in your disposal to turn things around.

    This is the kind of neuance I'd like to see in game, and not "He is trecherous, therefore evil, therefore bad, therefore off you go".

    But Rokhan getting more screentime is always welcome. He has amazing voice actor, and guy begs to be more utilized.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

  5. #5
    Please don't make the Draenei heritage armor look like paladin armor... That'd be like saying they worship the Light and only the Light. All those Broken Draenei like Nobundo or Akama who found other ways to survive don't exist because all the Draenei need is the Naaru and the Light.

    The Troll one, I would say don't make it too regal or grandiose, because that's the Zandalari's schtick. Darkspear are meant to be seen as outcasts where they broke off from the Gurubashi to form their own life, all the other troll tribes reviled them. They should have an armor that reflects that... maybe not as a Shadow Hunter, but something close to it.

  6. #6
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,486
    I'm 100% sure that whatever we get it will be the laziest single minded design possible. Shaman shit for trolls paladin shit for Draenei

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Maljinwo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    5,346
    The troll armor should, by all accounts, be something that looks like proper Shadow Hunter Attire. That's the definitive look of a Darkspear troll

    For Draenei, I hope it's a combination of traditional Draenei robes/clothing as seen in the concept art with some armor pieces.
    We have enough 'Crystal armor' between BC, WoD and Legion


    Also, can we get Rokhan his own model? Dude is standing in Orgrimmar as the Horde's main representative in its capital and he looks like a generic NPC.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  8. #8
    I'm afraid the Draenei will be getting crystal-encrusted armour, probably plate-looking, because the "Main class" for Draenei is Paladin, and for Trolls, tiki mask, lots of skulls, the basic "Savage Shaman"-package, which means nothing much to the other classes.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Also, can we get Rokhan his own model? Dude is standing in Orgrimmar as the Horde's main representative in its capital and he looks like a generic NPC.
    All this fuss over years just to end up having troll in Grommash Hold again xD.

    Seriously tho I guess it dependson his revelancy. But don't exect it anytime soon, He had his armor upgrade and that's all (it the same armor he first used on Talanji's coronation).
    I only hope that he gets development that would make him stand out from Vol'Jin and that he will have distinguish style. Apparently "Horde is a family" concept failed.
    And unlike Vol'Jin Rokhan extended his hand to other troll tribes, so he already has better track reckord despite only having meaningful spotlight in BfA and that also had it's hiccups.

    With thatbeing said we don't even know if he will have any involvement in WW, Talanji was leaked, but that could be also a placeholder. But usually whenever Talanji goes Rokhan is there too.

    My biggest fear is that since there is whole thing with forgiving and forgetting would be that both of them would be hit with the friendship bat, and would stop being anti-Alliance and "got over grudges".

    That is even bigger fear than if the heritage was about defense from murlocks. Thankfully, that can be crossed out, since there will be subject about Loas and other tribes.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2024-02-01 at 06:37 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    For Draenei, I hope it's a combination of traditional Draenei robes/clothing as seen in the concept art with some armor pieces.
    We have enough 'Crystal armor' between BC, WoD and Legion
    You mean this?


  11. #11
    Im honestly, worried, that the Troll armor, will just be a copy of the ZAndalari, just with a few alterations.
    But im hoping it will be a case of Maghar/Normal orcs.
    Many different versions of the armor, since due to troll skins being "Kind of" many different tribes the armor should relfect that i feel.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Im honestly, worried, that the Troll armor, will just be a copy of the ZAndalari, just with a few alterations.
    But im hoping it will be a case of Maghar/Normal orcs.
    Many different versions of the armor, since due to troll skins being "Kind of" many different tribes the armor should relfect that i feel.
    That would make no sense, since darkspear and Zandalari aesthetics are very different.

  13. #13
    I think the Draenei as introduced in BC have changed a lot and are now always shown in a similar way as the lightforged: They are basically paladins or priests. That monk-like artwork looks cool but it's hardly their identity now unless the heritage quest addresses it.

    I'd love to get more draenei story focus not centered around the light or naaru, their content got shafted in wod and the lightforged in legion were mostly Turalyon's minions with no clear culture.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    That would make no sense, since darkspear and Zandalari aesthetics are very different.

    yea I know since Zandalari, is more Aztec, and Darkspear is more Jamecian but I just worry you know?
    Last edited by Romanthony; 2024-01-31 at 08:54 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    yea I know since Zandalari, is more Aztec, and Darkspear is more Jamecian but I just worry you know?
    I don't think there is reason to worry, considering what we have seen so far in terms of heritage armorVoid Elf and Blood elf, Nightbone and Night Elf, Highmountain and Tauren all look very different, so i wouldn't worry about that too much.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I think the Draenei as introduced in BC have changed a lot and are now always shown in a similar way as the lightforged: They are basically paladins or priests. That monk-like artwork looks cool but it's hardly their identity now unless the heritage quest addresses it.

    I'd love to get more draenei story focus not centered around the light or naaru, their content got shafted in wod and the lightforged in legion were mostly Turalyon's minions with no clear culture.
    I mean before WoD we did not even know that the leader of the rangers and artificers were on equal ground to the Vindicators and Auchenai. It is sad that they did not get more spot light but we do know that there was a Rangari tradition and while the artificers were not center stage, they are still very important in Draenei content; Romuul absolutely is among the highest ranking Draenei on the Exodar (imo probably second only to Velen). Then Legion gave some emphasis on the Arcane traditions of the Draenei.
    That said, it is sad that the Lightforged did not simply become a different skin option for Draenei. But I hope that we will eventually get Broken. For me what I most want is for the Draenei to have a proper city since they are a decidedly urban people and WoD gave them some of the best looking assets in the game (imo, THE best looking assets).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    yea I know since Zandalari, is more Aztec, and Darkspear is more Jamecian but I just worry you know?
    Also, Zandalari should be more imperial and ornamental while the Darkspear are more grounded.

  17. #17
    I'd love a heritage set that pays homage to that OG Draenei concept art posted above. As for Darkspear Trolls, I'd imagine something shadow hunter-esque.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    I don't think there is reason to worry, considering what we have seen so far in terms of heritage armorVoid Elf and Blood elf, Nightbone and Night Elf, Highmountain and Tauren all look very different, so i wouldn't worry about that too much.
    Hmm true maybe im just worrying for nothing then. So thanks

  19. #19
    I am Murloc! Grazrug's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,047
    Despite being genocided I wouldn't be surprised if they make Draenei a global power by giving them all remaining Legion ships while the Darkspear remain backwater savages living in tents with only minor local influence considering Blizzard hates Horde races fully.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Allthis fuss over years just to end up having troll in Grommash Hold again xD.

    Seriously tho I guess it dependson his revelancy. But don't exect it anytime soon, He had his armor upgrade and that's all (it the same armor he first used on Talanji's coronation).
    I only hope that he gets development that would make him stand out from Vol'Jin and that he will have distinguish style. Apparently "Horde is a family" concept failed.
    And unlike Vol'Jin Rokhan extended his hand to other troll tribes, so he already has better track reckord despite only having meaningful spotlight in BfA and that also had it's hiccups.

    With thatbeing said we don't even know if he will have any involvement in WW, Talanji was leaked, but that could be also a placeholder. But usually whenever Talanji goes Rokhan is there too.

    My biggest fear is that since there is whole thing with forgiving and forgetting would be that both of them would be hit with the friendship bat, and would stop being anti-Alliance and "got over grudges".

    That is even bigger fear than if the heritage was about defense from murlocks. Thankfully, that can be crossed out, since there will be subject about Loas and other tribes.
    Horde isn't allowed to take grudges it is a trope by now.

    Adaptational Self-Defense: A recurring trend best seen in Mists of Pandaria is for any conflict between the Horde and Alliance to be retconned to be entirely the Horde's fault. For example, Varian started the war in Cataclysm in the original lore, but it was later retconned so Garrosh and the Horde started it.

    Angst? What Angst?: The writers of World of Warcraft since Mists of Pandaria, rarely allow the Horde to have grievances with the Alliance. Meaning while Alliance NPCs can mention the Horde doing stuff like destroying Southshore or massacring Hillsbrad, the Horde isn't allowed to mention things like Kul'tiras committing Van Helsing Hate Crimes against the Horde, the Alliance firebombing Camp Taurajo or the Explorer's league backed by Ironforge massacring tauren tribes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The troll armor should, by all accounts, be something that looks like proper Shadow Hunter Attire. That's the definitive look of a Darkspear troll

    For Draenei, I hope it's a combination of traditional Draenei robes/clothing as seen in the concept art with some armor pieces.
    We have enough 'Crystal armor' between BC, WoD and Legion


    Also, can we get Rokhan his own model? Dude is standing in Orgrimmar as the Horde's main representative in its capital and he looks like a generic NPC.
    Why? He is not the main troll leading figure. Now or ever before. He was a sidekick since Rexxar campaign.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Horde isn't allowed to take grudges it is a trope by now.
    It's really not a Horde thing. Nobody is allowed to hold grudges. Don't forget about Worgen and Nelves that were wronged by the Forsaken and should hate them with burning passion, and yet had to get over it.

    But that's modern writing with it's "modern sensibilities".
    Last edited by Ramz; 2024-02-01 at 06:35 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •