Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    i wish they opened up that old, um warlock set from Wotlk, the one putress is wearing
    the mask is siiiiiiiiick

    - - - Updated - - -

    i like lifting the restrictions, but Heritage based items should stay/be restricted
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2024-02-08 at 06:18 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Z3ROR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    2,707
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wha? The game has been full of mogs like this for decades, you even list sanctum of domination.

    Also this is the most edgelord set I've seen in awhile.
    Yes, only for rogues/leather-wearers. Not for other armor-types.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    And how about a specific server without this restriction and xmog is completely free for everyone? Would you think this is a good idea?
    Yes, they're called private servers and that type of server has never been very popular.

  4. #24
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Unda da bridge, mon
    Posts
    2,038
    Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    It does have an effect on the game. It takes away from what people have understood about it 20 years now. It takes away class flavor and the ability to recognize other classes. It homogenizes the game. The game is more than the buttons you push. Your way of complete openness towards these type of things would result in this game basically ending up like Fortnite. Why not put more Disney mogs in the game? We already have Harrison Jones.
    There's plenty of armor agnostic mog already, though.
    Plus, there's tons of common and "recolor" gear that is shared across plate wearers, for example, so a warrior can look like a death knight.
    And, it still stands today that a Hunter can put on cloth or leather armor if they wanted a specific non-performance mog (because not everything is about numbers, right?), so they have the freedom to "down-equip" armor, but a mage is stuck with cloth only.

    Like, I get your argument and I'm not trying to invalidate it, just counter points to consider.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    There's plenty of armor agnostic mog already, though.
    Plus, there's tons of common and "recolor" gear that is shared across plate wearers, for example, so a warrior can look like a death knight.
    And, it still stands today that a Hunter can put on cloth or leather armor if they wanted a specific non-performance mog (because not everything is about numbers, right?), so they have the freedom to "down-equip" armor, but a mage is stuck with cloth only.

    Like, I get your argument and I'm not trying to invalidate it, just counter points to consider.
    Yes, I get that, but the existence of armor agnostic mog doesn't mean it should all be free for all. Look at the backlash to any type of homogenization out there, in music, architectural, political or cultural. They don't have freedom to mog that "down-equipped" armor. Having frames to work with is good and violating people's understanding of them pushes away more than it attracts for very little reward to those who stay. How many want their hunter to look like a crow, like this guy? In the most alt-friendly state of the game, why can't people simply play the class their fantasy is attached to? I've never logged on my lock thinking "Fuck, I can only wear cloth on this guy." I have however been motivated to go on more mog runs filling up mail, leather, whatever was lacking. If you log on a new cloth toon with a fuckton of plate mog and the possibility to use it, how would you get that motivation instead of just having what you got?

    As of recolors, yeah, but rarely can you completely equip the complete tier of any other class. For production reasons they've done it like that, which I'd rather push them to fix so we can get more random looks like in vanilla, rather than using it as an argument for a mage to look like a hunter. Because it's literally different and in many peoples' eyes downright stupid. Mine too, it would be just stupid and look like a private server.

  6. #26
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    27,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3ROR View Post
    Yes, only for rogues/leather-wearers. Not for other armor-types.
    I mean that ain't even true, warlocks, dk's, both have many edgelord sets, and with them cloth and plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    It does have an effect on the game. It takes away from what people have understood about it 20 years now. It takes away class flavor and the ability to recognize other classes. It homogenizes the game. The game is more than the buttons you push. Your way of complete openness towards these type of things would result in this game basically ending up like Fortnite. Why not put more Disney mogs in the game? We already have Harrison Jones.
    Lolwat? Transmogrification was armor-type wide from the start, so any hunter can dress like shaman and any druid like monk. And if you're looking at anything else than color of HP bar to identify class, then you're doing it wrong.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans czarek's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    2,824
    This reminds me heroes of newerth ;d

    Last edited by czarek; 2024-02-12 at 02:14 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •