Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    Great idea. The bad news, tho, is that Metzen cannot save WoW. Sorry to all you Metzen fans. He does not design the game. And the lore was just recently a problem. The bigger problem is gameplay. And we will not get any new game director anytime soon.
    Gameplay is legit the best part about wow wdym lol. WoW has, by far, the best gameplay on the mmo market and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Gameplay is legit the best part about wow wdym lol. WoW has, by far, the best gameplay on the mmo market and it's not even close.
    Tell me, what does WoW do from a gameplay perspective that means Final Fantasys gameplay "isnt even close" because i would argue its almost identical from a gameplay POV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Tell me, what does WoW do from a gameplay perspective that means Final Fantasys gameplay "isnt even close" because i would argue its almost identical from a gameplay POV.
    Final fantasy 14 is crazy sluggish it's not even close to how crisp wow is cmon lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this is what an older audience wants or not but the game story could be less obvious, more subtle, smaller more personal stories to interact with. The story-telling is all so dumbed down, obvious and pays way too much homage to Afrasiabi's desire to make everything EPIC. Smaller can be better.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Final fantasy 14 is crazy sluggish it's not even close to how crisp wow is cmon lol
    Yep, WoW just has that je ne sais quoi, even just moving around feels good. Started Skyrim a couple years ago and had to stop less than 10min in (after like an hour on the char creation screen) because it just felt like the character was sliding across the floor.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yep, WoW just has that je ne sais quoi, even just moving around feels good. Started Skyrim a couple years ago and had to stop less than 10min in (after like an hour on the char creation screen) because it just felt like the character was sliding across the floor.
    Yeah that's an issue I have with ESO I try very hard to like the game, but combat is just bleh with the auto cancels and weaving in and you're right it feels like my character is sliding across the floor lol

The short answer is no.

Obviously.

The point of a business is to make money. Who is worth more money now? The 21yo who just got a job or the 50yo? You have a potential life long 60 years of payments versus 30 years of payments.

You don't have to like it. But that is the logic. We are bags of life long money for companies. The larger we are the more tantalising we are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    When i see what blizzard did with this game in Dragonflight i think they aim toward younger people more like 6-8 year olds these days.
    Its all about love, peace and feelings.

This picture dont need any words it pretty mutch tells it all what Warcraft became.
    Blizzard listend to the Peacecraft community and got ride of faction conflict so we will never see a new Gul'dan, Garrosh or Illidan ever again we will get a overflow of Thrall, Anduin, Baine and Jaina characters talking about their feelings.
    Haha

I gotta laugh at posts like this.

This is ALL WoW has become! A valentine's transmog set!

In the meanwhile... lot's of new badass tier sets and weapons were added this expansion. It's been the best one for transmog since Legion.

But hey... you HAVE to use the pink set or you aren't doing WoW right. This is all it is now!!!

Am i... am i doing it right?!

I don't think i have the drama chops for this. XD
    Last edited by Swnem; 2024-02-23 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The only thing Blizzard needs to do is go back to making stupidly epic cinematics that aren't trying too hard to be pretentious, family-friendly, or deep, and just give the audience cool action to look at.

More of this:

Less of this nonsense:

This x 100000000000.

We ended up from this:

to this:

Edit:

HELL EVEN THIS, which was ONLY 2 exps ago (remember, this was done in BFA. last good expansion)

How they butchered Night elves is beyond deadly sin.
    Last edited by Palapop; 2024-02-19 at 02:40 AM.

B...BfA the "good" expansion?!

This thread is providing the best laughs. XD

Do you really care that much what the NPC's are doing? That is not the game you play. That's a 2m cinematic. It's nothing to your game experience.
    How was the gearing? How was the grinding? How was the gameplay? How were the zones? How were the bosses? How did your spec play? Those are the things that matter.

NPC's can be on pink unicorns for all i care if all of the above are fun. Heck addons auto-skip this stuff. XD
    Last edited by Swnem; 2024-02-19 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    B...BfA the "good" expansion?!

This thread is providing the best laughs. XD

Do you really care that much what the NPC's are doing? That is not the game you play. That's a 2m cinematic. It's nothing to your game experience.
    How was the gearing? How was the grinding? How was the gameplay? How were the zones? How were the bosses? How did your spec play? Those are the things that matter.

NPC's can be on pink unicorns for all i care if all of the above are fun. Heck addons auto-skip this stuff. XD
    Some people play Videogames for the Story.

Crazy, I know, but who are you to dictate to others what they should play WoW for?
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to be aimed at the people it used to be aimed at since thats what pulled people in..

Nowadays it seems to be aimed at people that mostly exist in California.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Some people play Videogames for the Story.

Crazy, I know, but who are you to dictate to others what they should play WoW for?
    tbf playing wow for the story is like playing ffxiv for the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't know if this is what an older audience wants or not but the game story could be less obvious, more subtle, smaller more personal stories to interact with. The story-telling is all so dumbed down, obvious and pays way too much homage to Afrasiabi's desire to make everything EPIC. Smaller can be better.
    Just being an adventurer is more fun than being the biggest hero of all time just for leveling through Dragonflight.

I imagine Blizzard has a team of people responsible for knowing this, so I will defer to them, as I literally know zero about the process of "aiming at an older audience" vs what they are doing now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    I imagine Blizzard has a team of people responsible for knowing this, so I will defer to them, as I literally know zero about the process of "aiming at an older audience" vs what they are doing now.
    From BFA onwards given the stories I don't think they have a clue what audience they're aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    From BFA onwards given the stories I don't think they have a clue what audience they're aiming for.
    I think the audience they'll be forced to aim for going forward is "people who will still play as we monetize the hell out of them".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want them to continue to make fun and challenging raid encounters, dungeons, and opportunities for skill expression.

If they keep doing that, then the content they made for the washed up boomer gamers doesn't matter to me.
    Be sincere; be brief; be seated

I'd rather we get new people
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

Honestly no. I do think it has lost some of it's edge. But part of what makes WoW appealing is it has always had this "rule of cool" about it.

I think a great analogy is that a lot of films try to stick to PG/PG 13. Look at Deadpool. That first movie was a huge risk to have an R Rating because you already limit some of your potential audience.

The same could be said of just how WoW looks. It's always been heavily stylized so it can run on a wide variety of hardware. That's where the expression that it can run on a toaster comes from. Sure they have upgraded the tech, etc. But WoW wouldn't be where it is if it didn't try to cast a wide net.

While there is room for them to tell some darker stories? I don't think just tailoring it towards an older audience is going to be the answer either. People who played WoW back in Vanilla are grown adults and have families now. A huge part of WoW is the social aspect and those players who grew up with the game would likely be the same ones to play it with their kids.

If anything they need to cultivate new players all the time. And I feel like they have taken steps to try and do that. Things like Exile's reach, etc come to mind.

Anyway just my 2 cents.