Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking that in the time the city has been burning, the Night Elves have created a world tree, lived in it, had it burned down, created ANOTHER world tree, and now live in that one... and Stratholme has been on fire the whole time?
    Yes.
    All zones, specially old ones do not move forward in time with the new zones.
    Think Stratholme has been locked in time since cata with the rest of the cata zones.

5+ Year Old Account
    Like some wrote before, I think Stratholme will be updated in Midnight.
    I dont mind giving it partially to the Forsaken. They have so few grounds.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the everburning city isnt an excuse to say, well its cursed so we wont update it.

I for one, would love to see that whole envoirment including stratholme being updated. Very lore heavy place, that a lot of oldschool players would appriciate. So yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    lol that was just blizzards excuse to not update it, they can update it anytime they want for any story reason they want
    i would love blizzard to expand on this idea of the land being cursed, may be what arthas did was so horrible that the land just can not be cleansed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    i would love blizzard to expand on this idea of the land being cursed, may be what arthas did was so horrible that the land just can not be cleansed.
    We already had that story, long time has passed. It would just feel like some excuse tbh.

It's full with invisible walls etc.

its still an inaccessible area even though its on the map, it should simply be opened to fly there like the silithus raids were opened

It would make more sense for the forsaken to take it than the alliance. They'd probably fill it with enemies or turn it into a raid either way as blizz focuses on gameplay and making zones relevant for leveling or endgame content, and we all know the hub will be Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I feel like they need to move vital Profession tables in the next expac, like basically every City would have a combination of professions that only that City has, making it a requirement for you to go there to do your crafting. It would generate traffic in Cities and it would be a good start but I feel like there could be other things they could implement to encourage more traffic to all of the Cities.
    ...making it vital for most people to hold only combo of professions present in one city or to say "fuck it" for constant jumping around and forget professions completely.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see rebuilding not happening. It will be in ruins. If they would rebuild it for Midnight that means they got 4 cities to build (Silvermoon, Undercity, Gilneas and Stratholme) and i don't think they will do that.

It should be sent to Silvermoon City Cardbox Production Inc.

Only to be closed down all together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    Perfect transition back to Shadow Lands.

Nax 3.0. We already did 2.0 in LK.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

10+ Year Old Account
    lol that was just blizzards excuse to not update it, they can update it anytime they want for any story reason they want
    This is the ultimate truth answer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    its still an inaccessible area even though its on the map, it should simply be opened to fly there like the silithus raids were opened
    My theory is stratholme was probably one of, if not the first area Blizzard created for WoW, it may be 24+ years old. It may just be that it is soooo badly outdated that around Cataclysm they were in such a rush they decided screw it, we can't fix this nonsense. The instanced version is probably easier to work on.

I think you can easily imagine that what's left is ruins. Everyone died. There is no new city there.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    This is the ultimate truth answer

- - - Updated - - -

My theory is stratholme was probably one of, if not the first area Blizzard created for WoW, it may be 24+ years old. It may just be that it is soooo badly outdated that around Cataclysm they were in such a rush they decided screw it, we can't fix this nonsense. The instanced version is probably easier to work on.
    It's no worse than old stormwind city before cata. but obviously that needed to be remade.

Basically it's just a bunch of floating props, if we were able to see all of it (I have via out of bounds exploits) it's just hovering above a superflat plain and has a million culling issues.

I imagine in midnight they won't have a choice but to fix it given the confirmation that we will be able to fly between EPL and Quel'thalas seamlessly without loading screens. It seems weird that they would keep all the invisible walls in the area just around strath.. The question is will they just fix the way it looks? Or will they actually revamp it into a new area for players.

"Uh, who's 'we' lmao?" -Blizz

Well there's clearly only one solution: Fight fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'm pretty sure we will see a Strat dungeon or two in Midnight.

I'm expecting the status quo to remain. Maybe the Scarlets have rebuilt part of the city. Scourge somehow still maintaining the rest

10+ Year Old Account
    It's no worse than old stormwind city before cata. but obviously that needed to be remade.

Basically it's just a bunch of floating props, if we were able to see all of it (I have via out of bounds exploits) it's just hovering above a superflat plain and has a million culling issues.

I imagine in midnight they won't have a choice but to fix it given the confirmation that we will be able to fly between EPL and Quel'thalas seamlessly without loading screens. It seems weird that they would keep all the invisible walls in the area just around strath.. The question is will they just fix the way it looks? Or will they actually revamp it into a new area for players.
    Yeah hard to say the scope of changes Midnight will make. Could extend the revamp as far south as Hinterlands and include the Plaguelands, could be all of Lordaeron and QT.

It's a literal cursed wasteland, it doesn't have any strategic value.

Does the Army of the Light or any other Light-aligned faction need Stratholme to play a role in Midnight? Nope, they have dimensional spaceships.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands