Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Mythic Dungeon International Dragonflight Season 3 - Group A

    Mythic Dungeon International Dragonflight Season 3 - Group A
    The Mythic Dungeon International has returned for Dragonflight Season 3! Tune in on Twitch and YouTube to witness eight teams speedrunning dungeons, with the fastest four teams qualifying to compete in the Global Finals.



  2. #2
    You say "speedrunning dungeons, with the fastest four teams qualifying to compete in the Global Finals.". What for? why are they doing it? What is the motive? Is there money on the line? What else?

    I just don't understand this modern game.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    You say "speedrunning dungeons, with the fastest four teams qualifying to compete in the Global Finals.". What for? why are they doing it? What is the motive? Is there money on the line? What else?

    I just don't understand this modern game.
    Is this a joke post? You sound like my great grandfather lol

    It says right on the front page of MDI that

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Season Finals: Eight teams make it to the online Global Finals at the end of the season where $200,000 will be up for grabs!

  4. #4
    Everyone running the same comp except some switching druid heal for monk.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Everyone running the same comp except some switching druid heal for monk.
    First time?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah just makes it more boring to watch, it's the same in arena. I still watch it for the strats though but i dont watch arena that's just a snoozefest.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Nah just makes it more boring to watch, it's the same in arena. I still watch it for the strats though but i dont watch arena that's just a snoozefest.
    I mean, I won't disagree but this isn't an issue that can be easily remedied due to the way that the MDI works. These guys put insane amounts of practice in using these specific comps and anything that forces people into different comps would throw a wrench in that. So much so that if it happened, I think a lot of the teams that are currently participating would simply pull out.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I mean, I won't disagree but this isn't an issue that can be easily remedied due to the way that the MDI works. These guys put insane amounts of practice in using these specific comps and anything that forces people into different comps would throw a wrench in that. So much so that if it happened, I think a lot of the teams that are currently participating would simply pull out.
    Yeah for sure i watch some high level teams from time to time on youtube pushing high keys and the amount of time they put in is crazy. And yeah your right about that too so i doubt it will change i mean i still watch it but it would be alot more fun to watch with different comps but i know why it is the way it is too.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  9. #9
    Brewmaster Julmara's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    in your walls
    Posts
    1,350
    far more entertaining than that pvp boredom

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    far more entertaining than that pvp boredom
    Thats not saying much. Both are about as dull as watching paint dry.

    Blizzard needs to introduce some more randomness to these races.

    Have teams eliminate dungeons, classes or pick random affixes. Fuck knows but something so they cant just practice and do this nonsense on autopilot.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Thats not saying much. Both are about as dull as watching paint dry.

    Blizzard needs to introduce some more randomness to these races.

    Have teams eliminate dungeons, classes or pick random affixes. Fuck knows but something so they cant just practice and do this nonsense on autopilot.
    Okay and now that the team can't practice... they don't participate. Cool. You solved one problem by creating an even worse problem.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Okay and now that the team can't practice... they don't participate. Cool. You solved one problem by creating an even worse problem.
    Not being able to practice everything is part of the fun, a good team will be able to adapt.

    All the teams are pretty much doing the same thing, its boring watch imo. To each their own ofc
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Not being able to practice everything is part of the fun, a good team will be able to adapt.

    All the teams are pretty much doing the same thing, its boring watch imo. To each their own ofc
    I normally don’t watch the MDI because I’m simply not interested, but for some reason on a work lunch break I turned it on. Watching the AD23 Tyrannical no healer run was actually entertaining to me. Didn’t watch any of the others.
    So, while I get the sentiment that they are boring, because I typically agree with you there, I do agree with Relapses about the problem they pointed out.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2024-02-18 at 02:41 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Not being able to practice everything is part of the fun, a good team will be able to adapt.
    But that's not how this would go down.

    What would happen instead is that the top teams would practice like mad maniacs using all sorts of comps, which would make them hate their life but do it anyway because this is their job.

    And everyone who isn't at that level would simply quit.

    And it wouldn't even be more fun to watch.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But that's not how this would go down.

    What would happen instead is that the top teams would practice like mad maniacs using all sorts of comps, which would make them hate their life but do it anyway because this is their job.

    And everyone who isn't at that level would simply quit.

    And it wouldn't even be more fun to watch.
    I think the issue is that this idea, in theory, gives spectators something interesting to watch. Seeing curveballs and trying to see how teams adapt and overcome, or fail, based on that could provide entertainment to the viewers.
    The flip side is that it, more than likely, wouldn’t be fun for the players. Imagine competing for money just to have some complete unknown issue pop up that wipes your group, that maybe the other team, due to some random setup, has no problem with, or can skip completely by accident, and you’re group is now on the losing end. That loses the fun factor for the competitors, especially in this type of situation.
    So, while it could be fun for watchers, the players would probably find it miserable and jarring. That would basically lead right to what Relapses and you pointed out and there wouldn’t be people playing.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I think the issue is that this idea, in theory, gives spectators something interesting to watch. Seeing curveballs and trying to see how teams adapt and overcome, or fail, based on that could provide entertainment to the viewers.
    The flip side is that it, more than likely, wouldn’t be fun for the players. Imagine competing for money just to have some complete unknown issue pop up that wipes your group, that maybe the other team, due to some random setup, has no problem with, or can skip completely by accident, and you’re group is now on the losing end. That loses the fun factor for the competitors, especially in this type of situation.
    So, while it could be fun for watchers, the players would probably find it miserable and jarring. That would basically lead right to what Relapses and you pointed out and there wouldn’t be people playing.
    The more likely scenario is that the only people who'd be interested in doing it are the kind who don't really give a fuck about practicing so instead of the tight games we see right now, every key would look like your average +23 PuG from the LFG and some random group of nobodies would win despite having 37 deaths and over timing the winning key by 51 minutes.

    But uh, the spectators will be happy I guess?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I think the issue is that this idea, in theory, gives spectators something interesting to watch.
    The operative word there being "in theory".

    I get the sentiment - you want something that people can't practice, so they're forced to be creative instead of simply relying on polish. The problem is that's not really doable in this setting. You can't have your pro players but not have them practice. Where you get pros, you get degeneracy - because why wouldn't you, this is their job. They do what they have to in order to kick ass.

    What we have now is effectively the lesser of two evils - yes it's repetitive and same-y but at least it's not completely bananas and gives other people SOME space to compete.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The operative word there being "in theory".

    I get the sentiment - you want something that people can't practice, so they're forced to be creative instead of simply relying on polish. The problem is that's not really doable in this setting. You can't have your pro players but not have them practice. Where you get pros, you get degeneracy - because why wouldn't you, this is their job. They do what they have to in order to kick ass.

    What we have now is effectively the lesser of two evils - yes it's repetitive and same-y but at least it's not completely bananas and gives other people SOME space to compete.
    Please don’t make the mistake of thinking this is something I want. I really don’t care about the MDI at all. Just pointing out that I think that’s what Sanguinerd would be hoping for.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Please don’t make the mistake of thinking this is something I want. I really don’t care about the MDI at all. Just pointing out that I think that’s what Sanguinerd would be hoping for.
    Yeah I'm looking for it to be more interesting since right now I don't really care about it either, but I'd like to as a fan of the game.

    I'm just thinking that in other esports theres an element of randomness where players get to do crazy impressive things and I'm just not getting that from the MDI. Apart from the play you pointed out earlier, which hardly ever happens, its simply boring to watch.

    Its the same thing with Super Mario speedruns (or any other game), if you've seen one you've pretty much seen them all.

    Imo if they'd introduce more RNG it gives more room to compete not less. Pit two teams against eachother and introduce the same RNG and see who handles it better.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Yeah I'm looking for it to be more interesting since right now I don't really care about it either, but I'd like to as a fan of the game.

    I'm just thinking that in other esports theres an element of randomness where players get to do crazy impressive things and I'm just not getting that from the MDI. Apart from the play you pointed out earlier, which hardly ever happens, its simply boring to watch.

    Its the same thing with Super Mario speedruns (or any other game), if you've seen one you've pretty much seen them all.

    Imo if they'd introduce more RNG it gives more room to compete not less. Pit two teams against eachother and introduce the same RNG and see who handles it better.
    There's already RNG with map pools and bans. That's about all the RNG this competition can handle. The type of RNG you want isn't possible because of the way WoW works. If it were that easy, they would have already done it. On top of that, the changes you want to see would likely decrease viewership since the quality of the competition would vanish instantly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •