Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Better title: "Why don't the devs imagine what the playerbase wants and by playerbase I actually mean me because I'm special and important and I want a billion dollar franchise designed specifically around my taste?"
    Exactly. People assume their vocal minority reflects on the general playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Yes, a few years ago.

Are you trying to say they understand their playerbase over there at Blizzard?
    They understand the playerbase more than you seem to understand what ' a few years' mean lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    They understand the playerbase more than you seem to understand what ' a few years' mean lmao
    It'll come to you, being newly hatched 10 years might sound like a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. They do play
    2. Player created quests is a fucking awful idea.
    I think being rewarded for role playing is good for making Role Playing as a more legitimate play style.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2024-03-09 at 07:13 PM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

its more than half of wows lifetime ago... so yeah, it really is A LOT, might not seem like it to old farts, but in a context of wow and blizz it really is...

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    I think being rewarded for role playing is good for making Role Playing as a more legitimate play style.
    If you make roleplaying something to be rewarded for, people will abuse the fuck out of it, and it will turn roleplaying from an optional thing into a required thing.
    Plus balance is a nightmare, and how would you even make it work, the person making the quest has to pay the people completing the quest? ok, so why would this person make the quest?

- - - Updated - - -

bro, even to people in their 80's 10 years is not a "few" you did not realize how long ago that was, and now are trying to recover, no point, just stop, its silly.

If you make roleplaying something to be rewarded for, people will abuse the fuck out of it, and it will turn roleplaying from an optional thing into a required thing.
    Plus balance is a nightmare, and how would you even make it work, the person making the quest has to pay the people completing the quest? ok, so why would this person make the quest?

- - - Updated - - -
    Hmm. The way I thought of it is every quest is an active objective with milestones. Like if you kill 100 of a certain type of monster you get some sort of reward.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2024-03-09 at 08:13 PM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

keep on backpeddlin!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. The way I thought of it is every quest is an active objective with milestones. Like if you kill 100 of a certain type of reward you get some sort of reward.
    Make the rewards cosmetic and you might be onto something

10 years is about 12-13% of the average life expectency as of 2022, thats an 8th of the entire amount of years most people will have during their life. Thats a lot more than "a few". Doesnt matter how old and cool you are, or think you are rather.
    Last edited by Smeeh; 2024-03-09 at 08:26 PM.
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

Hmm. The way I thought of it is every quest is an active objective with milestones. Like if you kill 100 of a certain type of monster you get some sort of reward.
    But how is that people created quests?
    Isnt that literally just... acheivements?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    10 years is about 12-13% of the average life expectency as of 2022, thats an 8th of the entire amount of years most people will have during their life. Thats a lot more than "a few". Doesnt matter how old and cool you are, or think you are rather.
    Nah you forgot, he is an immortal god, so 3654 days is just a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Wait!!!
    You've seen my name and photo and think it's another selfish thread where I spew my insane desires but this time I just want to understand why it's almost always difficult for devs and players to agree on something or speak the same language.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Oh, I remembered something important...! If you are one of the bots paid by Blizzard to detect and flop threads that criticize any aspect of the game... please... could you go do your work somewhere else?? It's not your drooling fanboy opinion that I want to see! Thanks!
    Continuing....

I don't want to go into the specific subject of Hero-Talents but I'm just going to bring them as an example to justify the first paragraph! I'm reading the entire review of all the hero talents on Wowhead and the good news is that (thank God) the people bringing this review seem to be totally disconnected from the devs and this is great because it brings us true reviews with freedom of opinion.

Example (look the final conclusions):
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/discipl...n-power-337718

But the bad news is that 90% or more of hero talents are proving to be catastrophes! They are terrible at REALLY giving us the promised class fantasy and are just making gameplay complicated and tedious.

God, what about the developers?
    At meetings they play rock, paper, scissors to decide whether they will bring us something fun or whether (as we say here near the South Pole) just bring sausage stuffing??
    Why some decisions are so obvious that everyone will hate them but they still choose them?? Is it to generate controversy and thus bring more engagement to the subject... and only fix things when the expansion is almost over??

I would really like a rational explanation on this....
    because we contradict each other. some things 1 side wants and the other does not want.
    and time and money also play a role.

Nah you forgot, he is an immortal god, so 3654 days is just a few.
    We got Frieren posting up in this bitch now.