Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    The Lightbringer chrisisvacant's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Formerly SF. Now Sydney.
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I thought we were talking about gear, not legendaries?
    There was literally no mention of legendatries, and if legendaries are your only example, we have legendaries now still.

    - - - Updated - - -



    "Last few years"
    Legendaries have ALWAYS been able to be obtained from ANY difficulty, so idk what you are talking about "last few years"
    Your question was "what gear could be gotten" that way. So I provided some answers. He also provided 2 epic options, if legendary is too much of a Macguffin.

    I suppose you could also mention resist and rep gear sets, badge gear sets, and on.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I suppose you could also mention resist and rep gear sets, badge gear sets, and on.
    Being level 40 and trying to get gear and level, but the 60 druid keeps taking all the leather gear cuz nature resist did not feel good back in the day. Dumb design and thank god it didn't even make it into TBC

  3. #123
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    27,478
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Your question was "what gear could be gotten" that way. So I provided some answers. He also provided 2 epic options, if legendary is too much of a Macguffin.

    I suppose you could also mention resist and rep gear sets, badge gear sets, and on.
    Except legendaries could not be farmed "every single day for hours, for months on end"
    what legendary could you grind every day for?
    and yes, he provided 2 epic options, that were not something that could be farmed "every day for a couple hours each" they were "do raid once a week, and hope it drops, and you win the roll" thats it. thats not "something you grinded every day for hours for months before you got it, and when you did it was so amazing it gave you goosebumps!"

    also "rep gear sets" what?
    You mean like "Rep item" cause idk what reps gave entire "sets" at most they gave 1-3 items that were good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by AG2590 View Post
    Omg omg omg.

    I remember back in WotLK, on my beloved Holy Paladin. Ran Forge of Souls and Seethe dropped. I screamed for joy!!!

    Haven't felt that in many, many years.
    Same. I'd say last time for me was Wrath too when DBW dropped.

    WoWs loot systems are just no longer exciting. As I said when I got my Evoker legendary way past it being relevant I was just absolutely depressed.

  5. #125
    The Lightbringer chrisisvacant's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Formerly SF. Now Sydney.
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except legendaries could not be farmed "every single day for hours, for months on end"
    what legendary could you grind every day for?
    and yes, he provided 2 epic options, that were not something that could be farmed "every day for a couple hours each" they were "do raid once a week, and hope it drops, and you win the roll" thats it. thats not "something you grinded every day for hours for months before you got it, and when you did it was so amazing it gave you goosebumps!"

    also "rep gear sets" what?
    You mean like "Rep item" cause idk what reps gave entire "sets" at most they gave 1-3 items that were good for you.
    Okay well, I reckon a set of 3 is a set.

  6. #126
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Just go play classic/sod?

    Accept retail is a different game, and it's perfectly fine this way due to the continuation of classic with sod and whats to come.
    Classic isn't even that anymore when you can steamroll anything in a few hours...it's all just rng

    I guess they find it exciting being denied something they desire many times, there is a word for that

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    The game has lost so much over many years.

    Getting a gear upgrade should be rare and significant enough to make you feel goosebumps.

    Why would getting a gear upgrade make you get goosebumps?

    * You actually notice a huge difference in combat where you used to stuggle but now feel powerful
    * You look cooler when people inspect you - transmog issues you say?
    * Doing random PvP BGs with this upgrade will make you a force to be reckon'd with!
    * Your
    And how will you balance raid and PvP?

    Imagine this conversation:
    Do we need 2 or 3 goosebump mages to kill the boss(because any other class won't work?). And because it's impossible without goosebump class stacking? Because you pick always the goosebump meta classes - that is the culture of the community?

    Any solution - or was it just some romantic idea?
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2024-02-24 at 06:41 AM.

  8. #128
    I suppose we should differentiate "upgrades" from "rares," and "legendaries." Although I'd argue for named legendaries to scale. They're legendary and should remain so throughout the life of WoW.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Literally no sane person gives a fuck what the color of the item name is.

    There is plenty of shit gear in vanilla and early xpacs that are "epic". It meant jack shit.

    The performance an item gives you is the only thing that matters. Only a literal kid would think the color of it's name matters.
    This is a severe lack of understanding of human psychology.

    Trust me dude, if you ONLY care about the stats and the color is irrelevant to you, you are the exception not the rule.

    If what you are saying was true, the color coded gear names wouldn't exist.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    This is a severe lack of understanding of human psychology.

    Trust me dude, if you ONLY care about the stats and the color is irrelevant to you, you are the exception not the rule.

    If what you are saying was true, the color coded gear names wouldn't exist.
    With that logic, we should have 16,777,216 RBG color combination marked for each item.

    I hear you, but it's a cultural thing implemented 40years ago - when monitors had few colors. Not a psychological thing. It will be replaced eventually, maybe not by color - instead by weapon gender(where blue and pink is forbidden).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2024-02-27 at 12:18 AM.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    With that logic, we should have 16,777,216 RBG color combination marked for each item.

    I hear you, but it's a cultural thing implemented 40years ago - when monitors had few colors. Not a psychological thing. It will be replaced eventually, maybe not by color - instead by weapon gender(where blue and pink is forbidden).
    Trust me dude. the color matters. Also what's with the subtle right wing garbage in your post where you feel the need to bring up gender hyperbole.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Trust me dude. the color matters. Also what's with the subtle right wing garbage in your post where you feel the need to bring up gender hyperbole.
    I didn't deny colors. And from a cultural standpoint, it could be replaced(some languages have genders for objects i.e german). Instead of calling me right wing, you should instead counter argument.

    But you shouldn't deny either, that everything goldenbrown in every game will eventually get old. And it will lose it's cultural value. That's why color psychology has only limited context in gaming and it's a sociological experience.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2024-02-27 at 12:43 AM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Trust me dude. the color matters. Also what's with the subtle right wing garbage in your post where you feel the need to bring up gender hyperbole.
    The only colors people care about are their parse colors. Nobody cares about 'epics' anymore. They only ever did in Vanilla and some TBC when they weren't as commonplace as they are now or have been for a decade+.

    Even in TBC epics "lost their charm" as the term wefare epics was invented cuz of badge gear.

    Honestly some of you seem to be stuck in 2004 mentality broskis that was 20 years ago lol

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    The only colors people care about are their parse colors. Nobody cares about 'epics' anymore. They only ever did in Vanilla and some TBC when they weren't as commonplace as they are now or have been for a decade+.

    Even in TBC epics "lost their charm" as the term wefare epics was invented cuz of badge gear.

    Honestly some of you seem to be stuck in 2004 mentality broskis that was 20 years ago lol
    I actually freak out when I see green. Something is wierd and very uncommon. How come I didn't get a purple yet?

    Maybe colors are indeed some subconscious filtering system. If you would name 5 trinkets, you probably would only name 2 of the BiS(and they are per default purple). So names doesn't really matter either.

    It's wierd. I really can't pinpoint.

  15. #135
    I understand it used to be that way and its okay, but understand this: YOU ARE NOT A TEENAGER ANYMORE and neither is WoW as a matter of fact.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    The only colors people care about are their parse colors. Nobody cares about 'epics' anymore. They only ever did in Vanilla and some TBC when they weren't as commonplace as they are now or have been for a decade+.

    Even in TBC epics "lost their charm" as the term wefare epics was invented cuz of badge gear.

    Honestly some of you seem to be stuck in 2004 mentality broskis that was 20 years ago lol
    This is kinda my entire point... so way to miss it. Epics still meant something in BC because in BC they still took SOME time and SOME effort to get due to the fact that heroics were new and pretty difficult at the start if you weren't careful. Sure it might have been a simple task for a lot of people but trust me when I say that most wow players back then never even got into heroics let alone cleared them back then. TBC were when epics had, imo, the MOST prestige

  17. #137
    I would say it has gained given your argument.
    Go play classic... honestly. If you think that was better, it's right there.
    Many of us don't and we are happy to play retail.

    I am just so tired of people like you that are stuck in the past and want to hold us back. That time does not exist anymore. The conditions for it no longer exist and we can not go back to it without a time machine. Even if we wanted the game can't go back to being like that.
    So, either close yourself off in classic and shut the door or move on with the times. Change is not that scary.
    If you feel the game isn't for you anymore, that is ok. Go find a game that is.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2024-02-28 at 08:34 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •