Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    "Legendaries are intended to be a special reward that some players would aspire to obtain over the course of a season, demonstrating a display of excellence in the most challenging content."

    Does LFR twice: "Is this thing i got any good? i feel like it might be but i dunno"

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    There wasn't an upgrade for the Evoker Legendary so I'm a lil sus but I hope you're right.

    There also wasn't an upgrade for the bow in S3 of SL. It came in S4. Same situation as the evoker legendary is likely to have. Cause the raid it drops from is part of the season.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2024-02-22 at 01:14 AM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    "Legendaries are intended to be a special reward that some players would aspire to obtain over the course of a season, demonstrating a display of excellence in the most challenging content."

    Does LFR twice: "Is this thing i got any good? i feel like it might be but i dunno"
    To be fair, LFR is usually more of a pain the butt than normal.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadyus View Post
    "We’ve increasingly heard feedback from frustrated players" = Subs must have been dropping off a cliff...Enable the actual AXE drop!
    Wow, I'm not sure what path of logic exactly one might use to come to conclusion that drop of one not necessary item for some specs of just 3 classes in game can somehow affect subs.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

  5. #45
    Brewmaster Julmara's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    in your walls
    Posts
    1,330
    significantly increased
    shame theres no actualy numbers might be from 1-2 % its a 100% increase thats fairly significant

  6. #46
    Too little too late imho.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Too little too late imho.
    Even Shadowmourne took around 10-14 weeks, lets not be overdramatic.

    If the new theory crafting about BLP is right, the garanteed 100% drop is after 14-weeks of HC kills or 12-13 weeks if you got clears and the average ~20-25 of lesser essences by that time.

    Got the drop with ~10-HC-kills and >20 lesser on reset day, with minimal luck involved with the new BLP.

    If you do only LFR or normal, yes its bad and the new BLP doesnt change anything.
    -

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Even Shadowmourne took around 10-14 weeks, lets not be overdramatic.
    to be fair though if you got shadowmourne after say 14-15 weeks, you still had almost 6 months or more to use it before new content came out and made it obsolete.
    at this point if you got the legendary this week, you'd have maybe 3 months before the next season hits and it was made instantly useless the first time you got a drop out of a +2.

    that's the big change in legendaries in DF, the fact there's no way to scale them past the season where they drop and the fact that seasons are so short.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    to be fair though if you got shadowmourne after say 14-15 weeks, you still had almost 6 months or more to use it before new content came out and made it obsolete.
    at this point if you got the legendary this week, you'd have maybe 3 months before the next season hits and it was made instantly useless the first time you got a drop out of a +2.

    that's the big change in legendaries in DF, the fact there's no way to scale them past the season where they drop and the fact that seasons are so short.
    We dont know yet if the DF lego gets the Hunter legendary treatment with an upgrade - from another RNG drop.
    -

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    at this point if you got the legendary this week, you'd have maybe 3 months before the next season hits and it was made instantly useless the first time you got a drop out of a +2.
    That's a pretty intense exaggeration, given the Axe is 496, which is equal ilvl to the "Very Rare" loot from Fyraak, 7 ilvls above the highest level non-"Very Rare" loot available, and looking at the normal ilvl gaps from tier to tier, we're looking at either 7 ilvls above the Normal raid, or 7ilvls above the heroic raid, of the next tier, so you're not seeing anything that'll come close to being an upgrade until you're well in to Heroic or Mythic next tier, assuming the extra effect provides zero DPS benefit, which we know it provides a pretty significant increase. I'd be very surprised if there were many weapons that eclipsed the axe next tier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    that's the big change in legendaries in DF, the fact there's no way to scale them past the season where they drop and the fact that seasons are so short.
    Shadowlands didn't scale the legendary bow(Which is the closest analogue to the axe and evoker fist weapon) until the fated season, which is the season we're coming up to now, so if we're looking at past patterns, I would expect ilvl upgrade mechanics for both the fist weapon and the axe in the coming season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Even Shadowmourne took around 10-14 weeks, lets not be overdramatic..
    14 weeks is already WAY too long as it is lol, but at least shadowmourne was a tedious quest where you could slowly, but surely see your progress towards the finish line. The way they did this one where its just a RNG drop and you either get it or you don't (and you don't) week after week just feels bad over and over again I saw so many people upset every Tuesday and feel unmotivated to play after (Again) they didn't get the leggo.

    Especially when your main is watching alts get it before you...

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Especially when your main is watching alts get it before you...
    Without the change it would have been stayed with RNG, now you get after 14 HC clears most likely a garanteed 100% drop, at least thats what the wowhead guess is right now.

    LFR / normal players should just give up. If the wowhead numbers are correct, it remains RNG lottery for those raiders until the next expansion.

    It would have been more honest from Blizzard if they locked the legendary behind HEROIC / MYTHIC. The current situation is just a joke for LFR / normal only raiders, they could clear for 2 years every week and never get the 100% drop chance.

    The whole BLP is just disgusting and highly missleading form Blizzard how they communicated the ways to obtain the legendary.
    Last edited by Ange; 2024-02-23 at 08:37 PM.
    -

  13. #53
    I've already unsubbed, I don't mind waiting weeks for a weapon, but it's still a "rng chance" drop every week, that I start my WoW week doing and for now 4 weeks have been exhausted and deflated by it (was expecting ~8 weeks so now onto 12? 13?) and the result. I'm not engaged, I don't want to play fated, I am considering refunding TWW because if this "micro adjusting" shitty design is their scope going forward I don't want it. I loved taking a laptop with me on holiday to do 1 heroic kill for 2 weeks just to make sure I could have some time to play with the weapon before season's end.

    Just keep your game, Blizz. I don't want it anymore.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Polgara View Post
    I've already unsubbed, I don't mind waiting weeks for a weapon, but it's still a "rng chance" drop every week, that I start my WoW week doing and for now 4 weeks have been exhausted and deflated by it (was expecting ~8 weeks so now onto 12? 13?) and the result. I'm not engaged, I don't want to play fated, I am considering refunding TWW because if this "micro adjusting" shitty design is their scope going forward I don't want it. I loved taking a laptop with me on holiday to do 1 heroic kill for 2 weeks just to make sure I could have some time to play with the weapon before season's end.

    Just keep your game, Blizz. I don't want it anymore.
    Pretty much me after the Evoker leggo dropped long after it being useful. I finished HC on my priest. Haven't played since.

    They just need to stick to a singular fucking path of getting legendaries. I don't understand why each expansion since Legion it's had to be reinventing the wheel when the ring worked perfectly fine and all it needed was faster alt catchup.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Without the change it would have been stayed with RNG, now you get after 14 HC clears most likely a garanteed 100% drop, at least thats what the wowhead guess is right now.

    LFR / normal players should just give up. If the wowhead numbers are correct, it remains RNG lottery for those raiders until the next expansion.

    It would have been more honest from Blizzard if they locked the legendary behind HEROIC / MYTHIC. The current situation is just a joke for LFR / normal only raiders, they could clear for 2 years every week and never get the 100% drop chance.

    The whole BLP is just disgusting and highly missleading form Blizzard how they communicated the ways to obtain the legendary.
    this is purely anecdotal and i'm posting it for comedic irony, this is NOT to suggest that LFR is a good source of the drop

    DK has been doing heroic every week for about 3 months.
    paladin has never done it outside of LFR

    my paladin got the leggo from LFR a month ago, DK has yet to get it as of this week.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    this is purely anecdotal and i'm posting it for comedic irony, this is NOT to suggest that LFR is a good source of the drop

    DK has been doing heroic every week for about 3 months.
    paladin has never done it outside of LFR

    my paladin got the leggo from LFR a month ago, DK has yet to get it as of this week.
    I should be laughing at this story. Stuff like this should be funny because "I had to grind my 8 weeks, but lmao your paladin just gets it ".

    If this wasn't a monthly sub game it wouldn't bother me as much as it does; but at some point the bad luck run starts to insidiously feel like fingers fondling around my waist for my wallet, and I just want out.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Polgara View Post
    I should be laughing at this story. Stuff like this should be funny because "I had to grind my 8 weeks, but lmao your paladin just gets it ".

    If this wasn't a monthly sub game it wouldn't bother me as much as it does; but at some point the bad luck run starts to insidiously feel like fingers fondling around my waist for my wallet, and I just want out.
    at the same time though, i have a 489 2h on my DK and so... 7 ilevels and a mediocre proc at the tail end of the season when it becomes obsolete the first time i get a weapon drop come season 4 in june?

    i've had the quest on my paladin for a month and i never bothered to complete it, i'm not spending 150,000 gold to juggle my own nuts for 6 weeks for a weapon i'd literally never use outside soloing since i never run M+ as ret anyways.

    point being: this leggo is irrelevant for lower end people, a miniscule upgrade for mid-tier people, i legitimately don't believe anyone who claims to have been declined for a key because they didn't have one in the upper end, and i guess for the ultra-slim 50-100 people that exist in the top-of-the-top-of-the-top in the 30+ bracket.. i guess i feel for you, and it sucks when itemization is part of class balance.

    wow, got rather off track with my own thought train there.

    this particular legendary is stupid as shit but i feel like it's not any more stupid as shit as say balefire branch - it's a single item that is leagues above BiS for every class that can use it and to be without it is by itself to be at a not-insignificant numeric disadvantage of someone else of equal gear and skill.
    hurray for seasonal content delivery in a PvE cooperative game, /s
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2024-02-23 at 11:33 PM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Polgara View Post
    If this wasn't a monthly sub game it wouldn't bother me as much as it does; but at some point the bad luck run starts to insidiously feel like fingers fondling around my waist for my wallet, and I just want out.
    I dont get the subscription memes at all.

    If you dont have a hobby budget for MMO's, why would you even play one?

    WoW is still a MMO, a social game, if you quit constantly, the game might just punish you with the poorly done catch-up mechanics, but the communities will make sure you have a hard time to get back to the endgame and they have good reasons to do so.

    Why would you do that to yourself?
    -

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I dont get the subscription memes at all.

    If you dont have a hobby budget for MMO's, why would you even play one?

    WoW is still a MMO, a social game, if you quit constantly, the game might just punish you with the poorly done catch-up mechanics, but the communities will make sure you have a hard time to get back to the endgame and they have good reasons to do so.

    Why would you do that to yourself?
    It's not so much "quitting" as it is "Hey this patch seems fun to play and i have time, so let's subscribe again.".
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I dont get the subscription memes at all.

    If you dont have a hobby budget for MMO's, why would you even play one?

    WoW is still a MMO, a social game, if you quit constantly, the game might just punish you with the poorly done catch-up mechanics, but the communities will make sure you have a hard time to get back to the endgame and they have good reasons to do so.

    Why would you do that to yourself?
    You've misunderstood my post, and have created an extrapolation that has nothing to do with me based on that misunderstanding. Please reread it again, as my complaint isn't that the game has a subscription.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •