Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Why are people so obsessed with turning MMOs into SP games?

    Go play some of the great SP games if you want that experience. Stop ruining an existing genre because it's not for you.
    Probably because there is no Warcraft sp game that is not over 20 years old.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If it makes you feel better about yourself to believe someone with a different opinion is "lesser" than you, go ahead. Just don't get mad if people don't take you seriously because of trash takes that.
    Okay cool, I still believe what I originally said.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Isn't entertainment a "waste to time" to begin with ?
    I wasn't sold on HC initially. I found the idea a bit absurd in a game where you can die so often.
    But after having tested it, it does give that "everything is important" feeling. A different approach to the game, focused more on survival than performance, and where every single improvement feels nice because it is useful.

    It certainly can end up feeling extremely aggravating if you invest too much in it and lose it due to a dumb mistake or a disconnect, but it's certainly worthwhile as an alternative way of playing while keeping focused on "I might lose everything" mindset.
    I play MMOs since the days of losing some or even all your shit on death, including your levels. Fuck. That. Noise. Not only is the general structure of endgame not conductive to it, the online-only requirement and existence of other people makes this simply a waste of time to me, because all your progress can be lost due to something out of your own hands. Wow is simply not a rogue-like and I'm no longer 13 with way too much time on my hands. :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    .. and die from the mistakes of others.



    Giving solo hardcore players to have dungeon and raid content where they should not die in.



    None of them focuses on solo players as Hardcore could do. Especially, as they added the "self-found" mode now. Which already focuses a tad more on a solo experience.



    Thats because i ask blizzard to add a version that adresses me.




    Thanks for your opinion.
    Sorry, I was wrong. This is the worst post i've ever seen here.

    You literally summed up the entire purpose of HC. Congratulations. Newsflash btw - you dont need to grp with anyone. Can reach 60 alone. If you detest other players that much, I recommend skyrim.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    You literally summed up the entire purpose of HC. Congratulations. Newsflash btw - you dont need to grp with anyone. Can reach 60 alone. If you detest other players that much, I recommend skyrim.
    The purpose of HC and perma death in other games works quite nice. The main reason it works in RPGs is it is single player games.

    I love to play HC in games like Baldurs Gate 3. I never would play it in groups tho, and especially not in raids, as every troll could destroy hundreds of hours of playtime by simply pulling a boss. In a HC environment, every gameplay has to be in the hands of the player. WoWs HC is not working nice because endgame is all about group play.

    If the developers want HC to work in endgame, they have to add solo player endgame.

  6. #86
    I still don't understand the appeal of playing an MMORPG single-player.

    WoW is trash as a single-player RPG. The meat of the game is in the group content.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    The purpose of HC and perma death in other games works quite nice. The main reason it works in RPGs is it is single player games.

    I love to play HC in games like Baldurs Gate 3. I never would play it in groups tho, and especially not in raids, as every troll could destroy hundreds of hours of playtime by simply pulling a boss. In a HC environment, every gameplay has to be in the hands of the player. WoWs HC is not working nice because endgame is all about group play.

    If the developers want HC to work in endgame, they have to add solo player endgame.
    It works in wow, not just how you like it. Wow was never supposed to have a HC mode, its not made for it. But the community wanted it, and now its here in its own form. You will never get what you are asking for. You should know that, so its wasted time & effort.

    Btw - lots of people have cleared raids & dungeons on HC mode just fine. Its part of the thrill to rely on others.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    It works in wow, not just how you like it. Wow was never supposed to have a HC mode, its not made for it. But the community wanted it, and now its here in its own form. You will never get what you are asking for. You should know that, so its wasted time & effort.
    Good that you are not the one to decide.

    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Btw - lots of people have cleared raids & dungeons on HC mode just fine. Its part of the thrill to rely on others.
    Yeah, it is that big of a thrill only a few hundreds play it. Means.. a that small minority the devs do not even get any kind of budget for it.

  9. #89
    The interesting thing in this thread is how some people are hell-bent on deciding which ways should other people be allowed or disallowed to enjoy a videogame. Either you enjoy it the way they say you're allowed to enjoy it, or you're doing it wrong and the studio making the game sucks for providing you the means to enjoy the game in the way that they have single-handedly concluded that is not good for anything or anyone. All these false self-appointed gatekeepers who can't find a way to enjoy anything in their own lives, with the urging necessity to prevent anyone else from having any fun too - control whether others can play solo, or HC, or god forbid them from using an Int item on a warrior or any other obscene sacrilege.

    Listen, if anyone's that obsessed and insecure to deal with the idea that other people might enjoy different non-traditional modes in a videogame, it's time to touch some grass. Nobody gives a turd about how someone thinks others should enjoy the game. People will enjoy the game in the way they choose, like it or not, and if Blizzard handed them the tools to do so, good for Blizzard, and good for the people who will enjoy it. This is nobody else's business. Stick to what you like and get the fuck out of other people's ways. You're only ridiculing yourselves, and nobody's going to do what you want them to do. Especially when you're being obtuse and unkind. The record shows that dumb behaviors like that tend to have the opposite effect than what they are trying to accomplish.
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2024-03-04 at 02:23 AM.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    What? In the rest of your post you say something very similar to what I said. Why "no"?
    Because I'm an idiot who misread "are the same game only in name" as "are the same game".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    I play MMOs since the days of losing some or even all your shit on death, including your levels. Fuck. That. Noise. Not only is the general structure of endgame not conductive to it, the online-only requirement and existence of other people makes this simply a waste of time to me, because all your progress can be lost due to something out of your own hands. Wow is simply not a rogue-like and I'm no longer 13 with way too much time on my hands. :P
    It's not how I would have played WoW initially, and it's not how WoW has been designed, but it's an actually fun twist on it.

    And please spare us the tired "I'm not a teen anymore". You don't like it, it's your right, no need to throw BS to try to justify yourself.

  11. #91
    Brewmaster Cynical Asshole's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    Bucharest. Romania.
    Posts
    1,386
    LOL. Yet another game mode played only by streamers. Blizzard pandering to the 0.00001% of players.

    Next mode: Mega Hardcore Self Found. When your character dies, your account is banned.

  12. #92
    I got a paladin to 60 in HC just before blizzcon and the mode is just done for me. I think HC should have been a seasonal thing like season of discovery, the servers are just dead now and it's almost impossible to get into dungeons.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I got a paladin to 60 in HC just before blizzcon and the mode is just done for me. I think HC should have been a seasonal thing like season of discovery, the servers are just dead now and it's almost impossible to get into dungeons.
    I do agree. Having a seasonal ladder like Diablo could have been an idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •