Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    There is literally 1 of these per class, thats about it, its not that awful, yes a cooler buff would be great, but its not like there is 3-4 of these in each class.
    Yes, i know there are more. I looked at several of them. But most are just dps increases. Or maybe a spell that splits or not.
    these could have just been extra talents 2 pick.

The whole idea is to have a spec ( lets say retri paladin). 1 movies you more into defensive, and 1 more into healing. This should affect you gameplay style, the looks of your class/spells a bit.

Right now, for most of the talents ( not all). if you put 2 different type of retri paladins on a target dummy. You most likely could not see the difference.

think of it like this. It feels more like look options for your race. instead of what they cliam it to be ( a new allied race)

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Blizzard has repeatedly used the word Hero/Heroic to refer to things at high level.

Hero class? Starts at higher level.

Heroic Dungeons? Higher level version of existing dungeon.

Heroic Raids? Technically same level but generally requires better gear for most folks. And they haven't been the 'top' raid difficulty in almost a decade.

Thats all this is. Its high level talents.
    No they use the word "heroic" and you're trying to conflate that as being the same.

It's not. There is nuance.

They're using many "hero" roles from Warcraft 3 that have specific context attached to them to people that have been playing Warcraft for a long time and then doing a poor job attaching that context to the "hero" talents. It's like I said, bad marketing, because it sets expectations for something that people have wanted for a long time and it's not delivering the fantasy people want with it.

So, I'd even agree calling them "heroic" talents and not using the hero roles from Warcraft lore would of been smarter because it's already attached to mean higher tier than "normal", which is what these talents seem more in line with being.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2024-02-28 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post

nothing further
    I’ve never rolled warrior or a tank but this right here is something so fun I may have to do both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I don’t know. I fully expect to see Dark Rangers running around all over, even if it’s 20-30% behind the other hero trees.
    Yeah, there's going to be a lot of undead-looking elven Hunters in TWW.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2s elite specs but lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    No they use the word "heroic" and you're trying to conflate that as being the same.

It's not. There is nuance.

They're using many "hero" roles from Warcraft 3 that have specific context attached to them to people that have been playing Warcraft for a long time and then doing a poor job attaching that context to the "hero" talents. It's like I said, bad marketing, because it sets expectations for something that people have wanted for a long time and it's not delivering the fantasy people want with it.

So, I'd even agree calling them "heroic" talents and not using the hero roles from Warcraft lore would of been smarter because it's already attached to mean higher tier than "normal", which is what these talents seem more in line with being.
    You’re wrong for trying to correct him, everything he said was right. They did use the term “hero class” originally when they released Death Knight.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_class
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    A problem with Trickster is that Blizz is tying its damage boosts to a defensive ability. Which means, as a Rogue, you now run the risk of not having it at a big damage moment. This might not be an issue when it comes to farm and outgearing content, but is a (potentially) problem for progression/m+.
    I can see it being a problem with high-end, but again, Feint is not a good ability as there are other defense cooldowns that give better benefits than what Feint can give currently. That's why I'm for it because I rarely ever use it when compared to Evasion or Vanish.

Then again, I'm not an expert to rogues and I only view it from the lens of someone who wants to play one. And that's what a lot of these talent trees are like.
    "Very inviting and fun for those who play the specs on a casual level, not fun for those who've mastered those specs and play on a high-end level."

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    I can see it being a problem with high-end, but again, Feint is not a good ability as there are other defense cooldowns that give better benefits than what Feint can give currently. That's why I'm for it because I rarely ever use it when compared to Evasion or Vanish.

Then again, I'm not an expert to rogues and I only view it from the lens of someone who wants to play one. And that's what a lot of these talent trees are like.
    "Very inviting and fun for those who play the specs on a casual level, not fun for those who've mastered those specs and play on a high-end level."
    Feint is an awesome defensive. It's used a great deal in raids and M+. Vanish is no longer a defensive, it was turned into an offensive cooldown by the big brains at blizzard.
    For rogues, all this preview of hero talents does is add additional bloat to an already bloated rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrinker View Post
    Feint is an awesome defensive. It's used a great deal in raids and M+. Vanish is no longer a defensive, it was turned into an offensive cooldown by the big brains at blizzard.
    For rogues, all this preview of hero talents does is add additional bloat to an already bloated rotation.
    For now.

We don't even know the class changes they'll do for the new expansion. I'm sure Feint is really good, but Blizzard will find ways to make it useless as part of their way of "balance." Especially if they want to elevate solo content like with Delves to compete with Mythic+ and Raids.

Diabolist Warlocks can summon Pit Lords and meteors? That sounds really cool, might check out Warlock in TWW. Sadly my paladin main's hero talent trees don't sound anywhere near as cool. Lightsmith a little with the armaments you can place down, and that's it.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2024-03-18 at 06:36 AM.