Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    The difference is the OP can't be bothered making a community and is looking for a solution to a problem that's already got multiple solutions - Find a guild that isn't dead (outside of raiding), make your own community or join a discord server are the 3 most obvious ones.
    "Make your own community"

Is that your solution? Thats quite hilarious not even gonna comment on that

But something people forget about the "utility" and possibility of having several guilds is that you dont need to create "bad blood" by HAVING TO /gquit in order to test another Guild.
    And thats quite a big utility to have in the guild-finding proccess. (current guild-finding proccess is crap in wow, since u can only have 1)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just add the people in the inactive guild to your friends list and then join a more active guild?

You'd be able to do Mythics with your buddys when ever you want while enjoying the benefits of an active guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post

I find it find it funny that the OP implies there are absolutely no Communities he could join, even though Communities dont discriminate Servers and therefore have a much larger Pool of possible Players, while also saying that there are several Guilds he could join, that are on a single server.

Since Discord, and even more on top of that, communities, why do you need multiple guilds? Just join communities.

But something people forget about the "utility" and possibility of having several guilds is that you dont need to create "bad blood" by HAVING TO /gquit in order to test another Guild.
    And thats quite a big utility to have in the guild-finding proccess. (current guild-finding proccess is crap in wow, since u can only have 1)
    you already dont need to gquit to trial in other guilds.... its the exact same "bad blood" if one of your guilds sees you raiding with others when they expect you to raid with them. I'm in multiple mythic raiding guilds and our trials often are not in the guild (unless they had to server xfer but that requirement is a different discussion), until the trial is passed to make sure they don't waste money.

i started my own M+ community. invited anyone i felt was worthy when i finished a dungeon. and the rules were simple only invite those you felt could push high keys. no alts unless said alt was geared. 2.5k+ score minimum. currently sitting at 999 members, with a consitent 60-100 members on at peak times daily. even on the downturn of a patch when the game has content drought there is still 30+ people online. people spam the community constantly for key pushing. just logged in to see and there is 23 members online right now. In my collections and achievments community there is 54 online. in my guild outside of me, there is 1.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    What differs between a guild and a community? Serious question. When I was still playing, ~4-5 years ago now, I found myself in several communities: pvp, a couple mythic+, two for mythic raiding, several that were essentially social. I was definitely at my most active due to communities.

I am not meaning to come across as argumentative, but, is there a difference between the two, guilds and communities?
    4-5 years ago have they really been out that long now? And with zero updates or anything to improve the system :/

Communities could have absolutely killed guilds, idk why they were implemented half assed then just ignored for half a decade.
    Blizz had an amazing idea in Cata with guild levels, but execution was way off imho. If they would only expand on guild/communities I think it would help the game tremendously

I mean I gave 3 possible solutions? But yes make your own community (it's not that difficult) and anytime you do a mythic+ with someone that was good/you liked ask if they want to join it. As pointed out by multiple people communities are server agnostic and until the next expansion guilds are server specific.